[Verified by Crosspatch] Cynnya

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Cynnya

Postby Cynnya on November 29th, 2013, 3:17 am

Cynnya (sin-NIGH-ya)

Credit for picture: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/4c/b6/dd/4cb6dde4b64308fff7f4f685fdb4510a.jpg

Credit for picture: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A2OE7B9NWvA/UTyX_Z2ZzdI/AAAAAAAAAyo/u-nB_gXL0R4/s1600/ocelot09b.jpg

Appearance

Race: Kelvic
Animal: Ocelot
Birthday: 32, Winter, 510 AV
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance:

Human form: Cynnya is a slight young woman whose defining features are her expressive hazel eyes and naturally long, dark eyelashes. While being a blonde would normally preclude a human from having dark eyelashes, it is one of her animal characteristics that shows through. It may look like she is wearing makeup of some kind to highlight her eyelashes or the surrounding skin of her eyes, but in fact she was born that way. The hazel color of her eyes can vary slightly with the sunlight and if you were to look very closely, you would notice that in bright conditions her pupils will reduce to slits. In addition to dark eyelashes she has naturally dark eyebrows that are angled slightly the closer they get to the bridge of her nose. Her nose is of a medium size, not small but not overly large either, and is highly sensitive. She has slightly thin pink lips, the bottom lip being larger than the top lip by only a little and her top lip has just a little dip in it beneath her nose. She has a small chin and cheekbones that are a little higher than average, making the overall shape of her face more oval than circle. Her teeth are straight and white, due to strict oral hygiene that her father enforced, and her canines are just slightly longer and sharper than the average human's, another indicator of her Kelvic nature.

Cyn has short blonde hair that darkens towards the roots and in certain lights can appear to have dark spot-like patterns in it. Her hair is slightly longer on her right side than on her left and sweeps over her brow gracefully in short bangs. She keeps it short not only for convenience but to leave her ears unencumbered with the sound of hair brushing over them. She relies on her hearing for a lot of the information she gets about the world and would rather not deal with tying back long hair in order to hear properly. Therefore she cuts her hair regularly and maintains it short, only rarely allowing someone else to help her.

Like her animal counterpart, Cynnya's build is lean and muscular, and she is not very tall. She is about 4'10" and weighs in at 105 lbs, most of which is muscle weight. Her movement is graceful and lithe, and she somehow always finds a way to make every move seem determined and deliberate. She has small feet, small hands and thin limbs that seem almost too delicate to support her. However, looks can be deceiving and she is surprisingly strong, quick and agile. While she is feminine in build with small shoulders and a slight curve at her hip, she has a very small bust and when she was younger could have been mistaken for a small boy.

Animal Form: Cynnya's form is that of a sleek, powerful ocelot. In this form she is about twice the size of an average housecat, the length from the tip of her tail to the tip of her nose being 29 inches. She is about 18 inches tall from her shoulder to the ground and weighs around 27 lbs. Her eyes are large and expressive, just as they are in her human form, and surrounded by dark fur that protects them from the glare of the sun. Her fur is a mixture of golden-brown on the top of her body and closer to a blonde on her underbelly and neck with a dappling of black all over for better camouflage. On her face she has two larger stripes on either side of her eyes that run over her cheekbones and down her neck. A spattering of spots above her eyes form two lines as well heading towards her back and surrounding smaller spots on her forehead. She has a small pink nose surrounded by long white whiskers and large cupped ears that catch every sound around her.

Her teeth are sharp and lethal, designed for delivering a killing bite, ripping and shredding meat but not for chewing since ocelots swallow their food whole. She has long sharp claws that are useful for gripping prey or climbing trees. Overall, she is a lean, mean, killing machine but only for small prey and defenseless humans. She could cause injury to a person if she tried, as she is quick and agile, but her main targets are small rodents, rabbits, fish, and other prey that are smaller than her.

Character Concept

Cynnya is very territorial, as ocelots tend to be, and guards her few possessions carefully. She will only let others inside of her space when she truly trusts them and would only ever let a bondmate touch her possessions, should she ever find one. However, on the subject of bondmates, Cynnya has always been wary of finding her bondmate. She knows that as a Kelvic, it is in her nature to want to find someone to bond to, but she is terrified of that bond and of who she will bond to. She is terrified of mirroring, of her happiness relying on having someone there who could potentially pass away for any reason, and of being tied down. More than anything, she values her freedom and resents the fact that as a Kelvic she could at any moment lose that freedom to the bond. Perhaps she has a warped view of the way the bond works, but to her, partly because she is an ocelot and they are solitary creatures, the idea of being tied to someone who could change how she acts is terrfying.

Cynnya has lived almost every day in fear that the bond will happen when she least expects it and has distanced herself from people as much as possible. She has taken the time to develop who she is as a person in the hopes that when she does find her bondmate she can still maintain who she is as an individual. She feels the desire and longing to search for her bondmate as every Kelvic does, but strives to find her own happiness in her life as it is now in an attempt to quell this desire.

Ocelots prefer being solitary, as does Cynnya, but she is able to tolerate company in small doses. She prefers to be around one person than to be around many, but being in a class of students she is able to stomach it seeing as there isn't much interaction between the students. She can tolerate interacting with up to three people, but beyond that is an extreme challenge for her. Not because she doesn't like people, per se, but because focusing her attention on different people is exhausting for her and she can't help thinking that they are competing with her for resources. She also has a hard time building trust with other people and letting them see who she really is. She puts up a tough, cold front to keep people from getting too close to her and ends up isolating herself often. Most people assume she is just a mean and nasty person who doesn't want to be bothered with those beneath her, but the truth is she just can't tolerate too many people at once.

Once you have gained Cynnya's trust, she is really a gentle soul. She doesn't like confrontation and is kind, willing to listen and respond with words of encouragement. She is a tad naive, having spent most of her life studying in a university, and she is humble about her lack of experience. However, she is not fearful of much besides losing her freedom and she is willing to do almost anything for a friend she trusts. She can be brave and stick up for those she loves but it is extremely hard for her to defend people she doesn't know or get involved in a confrontation that doesn't involve her. Some may see this reluctance as cowardice, but it is not in an ocelots nature to get involved where it doesn't need to. That is simply how she is. To this end, it may also seem like Cynnya is selfish and self-centered, when in fact she is quite the opposite to the ones she lets in to her life.

She likes to share her knowledge of Zeltiva and Kelvic histories with others, although she would prefer to tell one person or a few than many. She has become close to the professor of history at the university, but he is not her bondmate. Still, she is loyal to him and likes to help him in his research, but this is because she chooses to be. Yes, her Kelvic nature makes her want to attach to leadership, but he is not her bondmate, therefore she does not mind nor fear having companionship with him.

She likes to hunt in her ocelot form, but does not relish in the pain and suffering of her prey. Instead, she kills them quickly and recognizes it as the natural order of things, making sure to not waste the life that was given so that she could feed. She used to forget quite often to wear clothes, which was fine as a youth, but as she grew older it was impressed upon her by others that clothes were necessary. Now she only forgets once in awhile and the residents of the university are not terribly offended by it. She is not very opinionated on most subjects except when it comes to the Kelvic race. On that topic, she could go on for days about how unfair it was for Marcus Kelvic to create a sentient being for his own purposes and force the Kelderon mimic to live inside of this being in order to force it to do his will.

Cynnya does her best work at night and tends to sleep a lot during the day unless she has to go to classes in which case she will awaken for the class and then promptly go back to sleep after. Whenever she can find a comfortable place to nap, she will, and she tends to do most of her studying after everyone else has gone to bed. Not only does this suit her nocturnal nature, but with no one around to bother her she can relax and not have to worry about interacting with others. She does have to work harder than other students because she missed a lot of earlier education by growing up so fast. She doesn't know her numbers at all and has focused mostly on catching up on reading and writing. She has used tutors, attended remedial classes and worked very hard to get to where she is now. Her focus has been iffy at best, but when she is able to put her mind to studying, she does good work.

Character History

Cynnya was born in Zeltiva to two Kelvic parents, both of whom were bonded to scholars at the university in Zeltiva. She didn't see her father much as he was bonded romantically to another and only mated with her mother because she had come into estrus. Her mother, a horse Kelvic, raised her for a few months until she was old enough to start schooling and go under the care of the university. She doesn't remember much about her parents except how they were always distracted from her by their need to please their bondmates. Perhaps this experience is what made her so terrified to bond, as their singular desire was to serve their bondmates rather than raise her.

In her short three years, she has had to play catch up. Where so many sentient beings have years to learn the basics of reading and writing, she has had only a little more than two years since her mind was developed enough to start really learning. She was flighty and skittish at times, and didn't make many friends which was fine with her. She has become increasingly interested in the history of her people, as well as the histories of other peoples and as she matured was able to focus her studies more. She has always been quite observant of her surroundings, due partially to her ocelot nature, so that observation has helped her pick up a few things by watching others.

She has not had a very long life, even though she is considered mature as a Kelvic, and therefore she has not had many experiences, especially not romantic ones. She has avoided romance at all costs since many bondmates become romantic partners and she doesn't want the other way around to become the case, even though logically she knows that is impossible. Her fear around bonding may be impractical, but it is deeply seated nonetheless.

In addition to studying books and histories, recently she has also taken up studying hand-to-hand combat in order to protect herself as a human. Were she to ever be collared, she would want to be able to fight off any attackers and perhaps uncollar herself. So, with the help of the fighting instructor at the university, she has been practicing self-defense with and without weapons. She has always been physically fit from roaming in her ocelot form, but defending yourself with tooth and claw is considerably different from defending yourself with hands and feet.

Language

Fluent Language: Common, Ocelot(body language)
Basic Language:
Poor Language:

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Climbing +1 1 Novice
Observation +2 2 Novice
Socialization +5 5 Novice
Intelligence 20 SP 20 Novice
Unarmed Combat 15 SP 10 RB 25 Novice
Writing 15 SP 15 Novice

Lores
Lore of Kelvic History
Lore of History of the University
Hunting on the Zeltiva Rooftops
Leth is the Moon
Halin'a: Son of Leth
Halin'a: Ethaefal
Ethaefal: Changing forms
Halin'a: Sharing Similarities
Knowledge is Freedom
Remaining Independent
Lhex: God of Fate
There Are Still Kind People
Borrowing Halin'a's Cloak

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
10 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: A History of the Kelvic Race a book on the history of the Kelvic people, mostly concerning Marcus Kelvic and his role in creating the race. Of average appearance.

Housing

House: Flat, roughly 20x20, includes a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and table.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Tuition -90 GM 10 GM

Thread List

Yar Har Fiddle Dee Dee 58th day of Fall 513 AV, Dreamscape.
The Candle Burns Low 1st Day of Winter, 513 AV, Zeltiva University Evening
What the Night Yields 3rd day of Winter, 513 AV, Zeltiva
What will we do with the drunken sailor 2nd day of Winter, 513 AV, Zeltiva
Dormitory Blues 1st Day of Winter, 513 AV, Zeltiva University Morning
A Second Meeting 4th Day of Winter, 513, Zeltiva
Scribe Your Life Away 2nd Day of Winter, 513, Zeltiva
Sorcerer's Got Your Tongue 5th Day of Winter, 513, Zeltiva
[url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic45805.html] Cut From the Same Cloth] 34th Day of Winter, 513, Zeltiva
Last edited by Cynnya on May 5th, 2014, 9:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Cynnya

Postby Cynnya on December 3rd, 2013, 1:52 am

Cynnya Character Development (WIP)

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Cynnya
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Cyn or Nya depending on who it is.
3. How old are you?
3 years old
4. What is your height?
4'10"
5. What is your weight?
105 lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I am incredibly short, compact and generally unremarkable in appearance. I have small breasts and hips and everything about me is small. I don't think I look very feminine and I have lean muscles.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Others see me as a small, lithe young woman with a self-confidence about her that is almost intoxicating. They see my striking eyes first, followed by my unique hair and lithe movement.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
I suppose I like my eyes. They are a beautiful color and portray a lot about a person.
4. How physically fit are you?
I am moderately physically fit. Because I am an ocelot I hunt often and that form strengthens my muscles. I also practice unarmed combat so I have muscle tone from that as well.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I dress simply and practically, although once in awhile I like to have some sparkle. I dress to fit the season and I prefer clothes that fit me well and allow me to move easily. I refuse to wear dresses unless it is a special occasion and I would prefer a simple dress with nice color and shine rather than a complicated dress.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
3. What is your extended family like?
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
5. Do you treat animals like family?

2. Where do you live now?
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
5. Where do you fear to be?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets