[Kaiphur's Scrapbook] The Collection

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Aran Windblown on November 29th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Both look really good! The bottom one looks a bit more... cohesive, I think is the word I'm looking for. Like it's all one big picture. :)
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
Aran Windblown
Player

Words: 41102
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on November 29th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Aran Windblown wrote:Both look really good! The bottom one looks a bit more... cohesive, I think is the word I'm looking for. Like it's all one big picture. :)

I've tried a different coloured font too... The white just looked really out of place with all the colours in the background!

I just think its a little bit brighter and its unique (not a just the "Ravok" character template sheet updated slightly XD)
Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Words: 31629
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2013, 7:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on November 29th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Here is the actual picture making up the background of my post template thing- I think it is pretty funky!

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on December 1st, 2013, 4:36 pm

http://youtu.be/5z7rOwUZBB0

Can one post videos on Mizahar?
I just love this song. Hopefully Kai feels happiness like this soon!

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on December 1st, 2013, 4:37 pm

There is this really cool thing I found where you can answer 50 questions (I think?) as your PC, which could be nice to do :D

I need to try and find it man -.-

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on December 1st, 2013, 4:46 pm

HERE!

http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Character_Development_Questions

These might be quite useful for character development, I'll give them a go :D

General Information
What is your Name? Kaiphur. I don’t need any surnames or whatever.
Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Uhm… Kai? Maybe?
How old are you? Seventeen.
What is your height? A little on the small side… Five foot six? Five seven?
What is your weight? Gods, I have no idea… I’ve been on the road the past few weeks, I might have lost some weight. Eight stone ten.

I might split this into five post sections for easy reading! A scrapbook miniseries :D

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on December 1st, 2013, 4:55 pm

This one was a bit more fun to do. I felt I could get his personality out a bit more as Kai is quite uncomfortable about how he looks, and self conscious.

Aesthetics
Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Oh… I’ll try to be as honest as I can. When I look at myself, I only see what is wrong. Sometimes when my hair is a mess and I’ve bound myself properly and my clothes are loose, I can almost see myself as who I want. But then I start picking, or if my clothes are off… I feel disgusted. I see lumps where there shouldn’t be any, I see that my eyes are too big or my lips too round, my jaw is too weak. I want to be tall, strong… handsome, even. I would take being an ugly man but I can barely get that far. Personality wise? I’m a mess…

Describe yourself as others typically see you.
I have no idea. If I don’t attract attention, I think maybe I look like a regular young man. But it only takes one person to point me out or look too closely and then they see me as a freak.

What is your favorite body feature?
Hmmn. My hair! Quite messy and the red in it is pretty nice.

How physically fit are you?
Quite fit. I’ve became lean from having to find my own food and having to walk a few miles each day. I lost some of my muscles when the slaver caught me – he wasn’t too generous with his food – but I can still run a bit and I definitely have some small muscles on my arms and legs atleast.

How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Anything that hides my figure! I like baggy clothes. The comfortable, simple kind. Sometimes I wish I could dress up like one of those rich boys my father tried to set me up with, but I think all the frills and silks and golden things aren’t really my kind of thing.

Honestly I could picture Kaiphur as one of those little "Lordlings" with weird hair and a hunting gun, standing in all his finery for a portrait like something you'd see in a nobleman's home in Oxford or something. But I think he might prefer the more simplistic things!

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on December 1st, 2013, 5:03 pm

Oops there are way more than fifty questions in this thing... This might be my last today. I could be here all day with these questions!

Family

Who are your parents and what are they like?
My mother left when I was young. My father was once a rich guy who lost it all, and he has done nothing but use me for his own gain. He’s a real piece of work and I struggle to find a single redeeming feature in him.

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Two brothers. I didn’t see them much- my father said they were useless fools. My father desperately wanted the perfect daughter- guess I let him down on that one.

What is your extended family like?
Never met them. I’m honestly not even sure if I have any.

Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
I think close friends are far more important than family. You could be born into a family full of narcissists and cruel individuals, so you can’t trust them or rely on them. A close friend could give me more than my family ever could.

Do you treat animals like family?
I guess so! I like looking after animals, they don’t judge and they accept you. Once an animal trusts you, they are more reliable than any person can be. But that’s just what I think.

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on December 7th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Was watching X men first class last night and thought that Caleb Landry Jones looks a bit like Kai XD

What a cutie!

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaiphur on December 20th, 2013, 1:43 am

I keep messing up with my roleplaying!

I love my character already. I love how I am starting to know how he will react to things and what he thinks of certain situations and how completely awkward he can be around people. However, I just keep making basic stupid errors with lore all the time. I just keep missing things!

I came to Endrykas thinking things would be simple, but I realised quickly that this wasn’t the case. Outsiders shouldn’t know about webbing! How could I not have realised this? LGBT characters are not readily accepted in Endrykas! That makes an interesting challenge, but I’ll need to consider how Kaiphur is going to deal with potential hate if he is found out, the repercussions for Aran, etc. Also, I randomly gave myself a strider when striders are strictly Drykas only!
I might be making a lot of newbie errors, but its making me go back and read the lore and I keep finding little bits that I missed the last time. It is a whole lot to take in, but I am learning from my silly mistakes.

Endrykas is a wonderful place to thread in. It has such a unique character and the culture is amazing. I’m happy I came here even if it means learning a lot as an outsider. I might not be the most tactful, experienced roleplayer on the site but hopefully I’ll get the hang of things.

This site has a lot of lore but I think it really is worth it. I'd rather make an error, correct it and then learn about how I can fix it and improve my knowledge than just give up and not try and get chucked out and left for dead in the sea of grass (or worse- abandon this wonderful place!)

Lets see how this all continues.

x Lau

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext