Have to Swim Before You Can Walk... or Something! [Ayla]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Re: Have to Swim Before You Can Walk... or Something! [Ayla]

Postby Cayenne on October 15th, 2009, 1:56 am

Ophelia nodded at Ayla's intent to see the inside of it. She couldn't blame her, really. She was a curious youngling, and Ophelia was all for encouraging it. "Anything is possible. There used to be a lot of them," she smiled at her.

"Black Rock's history is unique in that we have much of it still intact... and more. Ghosts from the black period came, and shared their experiences. Some of them are written down. Some of these ghosts still wander. Many of them are willing to share their tales with those like yourself, who are interested in such knowledge," the girl perched on the ledge. "This settlement detached from the mainland and seemed to drift southwards. All of the living who were here died of starvation when there were no readily available sources of food for a few hundred years."

"You musn't feel that you are taking up my time or wasting it. That's one of the reasons I'm here, after all," Ophelia beamed at her, trying to brighten her guest. "Time hangs heavily here. I thank you for your offer of having the pleasure to accompany you on your tour, but I'm afraid Percy and I must decline your offer. We have our job here, you see, and we must not leave the Lighthouse," her voice was suddenly full of intent, solemn, dire and ominous, almost like one would imagine the edicts of an adorned Priestess. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to boom at you," Ophelia smiled apologetically, suddenly aware of the fact that she had without meaning to. "The Lighthouse must be lit at all times, you see. Ships search, and boats search, for our strange little island, and most never find what they seek, but some sink, and their occupants perish. I try to prevent that in what small way I can. Abby and Cora will be able to show you what you would like to see."
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Previous