Ethaefal Question

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Ethaefal Question

Postby Agnusha on December 2nd, 2013, 1:19 am

Hello everyone! I am new here and very excited to roleplay as Ethaefal. But I'm just not sure about certain thing:

1. What kind of job that would suit Ethaefal better?

2. Wikia said that while in their celestial form, Ethaefal doesn't have mortal limitation for food or sleep, but they do when they revert back to mortal seeming. Say, daughter of Leth could wake up the whole night without sleep because the moonlight sustain them, but what happen when they revert back? Do they suffer tiredness after doing so?

credit to Ollic Rimesage
Agnusha
Horizon Walker

Words: 38732
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 3:31 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Ethaefal Question

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 2nd, 2013, 4:18 am

Those are very good questions!

1) I believe that it would depend on your Eth's personality really. I kinda see them doing almost any job as long as they can tolerate it. Unless there is a job limitation for the Eth that I'm unaware of. But yeah. Just pick what fits their personality. As I see it, they're kinda like humans when it comes to their occupation. (Unlike the Isurs who are generally better Blacksmiths, etc)

2) I honestly have no clue, however, I would think so? I'm totally not sure about that though so please don't quote me on that. If Gale were an Eth though, I would probably make him tired but I could be wrong!

I hope that helps at least a little? Sorry for the second question. >.< Hopefully someone else will come along and help you on that one.

Good luck!

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Ethaefal Question

Postby Ellen Ansgot on December 2nd, 2013, 7:53 am

Hey! This was actually brought up in chat, and I thought I'd address your second question since there seems to be some confusion. Here is the answer with my understanding of Eth:

An Eth's transformation is somewhat emotionally taxing to the individual, since they become frustrated with suddenly leaving their heavenly body into the epitome of imperfection. The overall result, as far as my understanding goes with Eth (I have played one for a while now), is that the taxing only works one way.

Say you were a child of leth:
While you are in your seeming (we will just assume it's a human) you will get tired and hungry as usual humans would. However, if you as a human were to stay up until the moon rose, that hunger and weariness would slide away, and you would have all the energy to do anything required for a task as though you had just woken up from a nap and eaten. This feeling though, does not subside until the moon sets.

Now, the other way, it is not so pleasant. If you were to stay up all night in your Eth form, and then returned to your human form, the frustrating new body would drain you of some of that energy you just had. You would also more likely have a day where you become tired much quicker, and want to eat more often, needing to compensate for the change.

If anyone actually has a correction for me, please do post, but as far as I know at this point, this would be the correct way to handle it.

Also, on a side note, I have never actually run into this problem, and I don't see it too prevalent among the Eth unless you plan on posting day after day (IC)
Ellen Ansgot
Squire

Words: 47968
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2013, 9:40 pm
Character sheet

Ethaefal Question

Postby Agnusha on December 2nd, 2013, 4:13 pm

Thanks for replying Gale and Ellen! the answers gave me some basics for the whole concept :D

I agree with Ellen that it wouldn't be a problem for threading (about the shifting or the cost of transformation, under several circumstance) but I think it would be nice to know how they deal with it, and what kind of effect that took place.

credit to Ollic Rimesage
Agnusha
Horizon Walker

Words: 38732
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 3:31 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Ethaefal Question

Postby Kit Rowan on December 2nd, 2013, 6:49 pm

I think I remember hearing that eth obtained sustenance from the heavenly body of their patron. So, a lethaefal would want to spend his nights out in the open, under the moon, because only when basking in Leth's brilliance would they get 'fed' by it, and I don't think that goes away when the sun rises. Not sure about actual tiredness, though. Perhaps you only feel the wear of days in your normal seeming? That, I am not so sure on.
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)