PM to join Water Logged Pycon (Midna Coolwater)

After arriving in Zeltiva Sinoa starts to feel strange

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Water Logged Pycon (Midna Coolwater)

Postby Sinoa on October 30th, 2013, 4:12 am

Sinoa
59th day of Fall, 513 AV

After spending a day and night in the new city Sinoa had recently found himself in, She realized Zeltiva was not the city he was hoping for. The locals seemed very strange, they didn't seem to smile and were always in a hurry to get some where. The weather didn't help the icy atmosphere, with all the rain and chilly temperature it seemed very dreary. Sinoa could also spot many damages to property and wondered if this was all the cause of that monster “The Coodayta” he had heard about. He wanted desperately to ask the locals about what ailed them but doing so gave her a few close calls with muddy leather boots.

The other problem was the constant wetness of the city was getting to the poor Pycon and he was retaining far to much water. Sinoa was feeling bloated, congested and his skin felt slimy to the touch. Sinoa lazily moved himself to the nearest shelter from the rain he could find, which happened to be under the awning of a nearby shop. He hoped he wouldn't get in trouble for loitering but he just needed some shelter away form the constant rain so he could wring himself out. He began diligently twisting his limbs in an attempt to get the water out but it didn't seem to do much, but he kept trying regardless.
OocI'm not completely sure where I'm going with this but if you want to fill the seasonal challenge of helping out a person in need you could try nursing a pycon back to health. Also when I say Coodayta I mean Coup d'etat, sinoa is under the impression it's a monster attaking the town.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Midna Coolwater on November 24th, 2013, 7:00 am

Midna ducked into the awning of the shop covered in Wet and sack clothes clinging to her flesh, rags and braids hanging cocked over her head - 'Erghghgh...' she groaned, wringing out her sleeves, water dripping onto old cobbles already slick with wet rain... Midna was used to soft and slow falling snow, not rain... Midna was drowning in it - 'Oh, uh-' she noticed the pycon next to her was not a statue like she thought but a living thing, also taking refuge from the storm - 'H- Hello' she stammered. 'I need a drink' she thought.
Midna Coolwater
Player

Words: 8985
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2013, 4:00 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Sinoa on November 26th, 2013, 6:54 am

Sinoa

Sinoa was so busy feeling terrible, He was unable to notice the human that had sat next to him until they spoke. The human seemed started by their presence as well, their greeting was seemed more reactionary than voluntary. "...Hello Human, did you choose to take shelter here as well?" Sinoa said faintly "My name is Sinoa, what is your name?"
Sinoa had a mild hacking fit that shook the Pycons entire body, shooting small spurts of water from various freshly opened holes in the Pycons body.
"..Hak...That's a wonderful name" Sinoa said lacking his usual enthusiasm.
The Sicked Pycon went silent for a moment after the Humans response as he remembered something about his past. While it was rare for a Pycon to feel sick, growing up in a Well it wasn't to uncommon for one of the residence in Sinoa's Pyve to become waterlogged. Sinoa remembered when this would occur they would get a tall folk to knead the excess water out.
"um...This is probably a very strange request but would you mind Kneading my body" Sinoa said Hesitantly "I seem to be retaining water and it would help me greatly if you would work with my clay to dry it out a bit."
Sinoa's head slowly rolled of his shoulders, and down his sticking clay body. Once on the ground, he slowly and uncomfortably split his mushroom horns into little legs. The tension of the slit became straining throb into his head causing Sinoa to let out minor groans through out the process. It was uncomfortable but once it was over he felt a lot better to be free of his body, at least for the moment.
"...uh..you can shape it into what ever you desire..it could be fun" Sinoa added.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Midna Coolwater on November 30th, 2013, 3:41 pm

'Yes!' she said, looking mock-gloomily out at the rain, 'You'd never get weather like this in Avanthal... I arrived a few... A few weeks ago. I'd never even seen rain before,' she scratched the back of her head, 'It's all snow up in... up there.' She looked down at her feet. 'Is it always this stormy down here?'

She took a seat next to Sinoa, in a dry spot - and noticed he was all clogged up like a sponge. And gulped. 'Oh - my names Midna - ah... Thankyou. Whats yours?'

When the pycon asked her to knead her, Midna raised her eyebrows and looked down - and looked down at the little head coming off and the blob of clay... Christ, she thought. 'Uh- y- yeah, of- of course... Uh... I just... use it like regular clay?'

She picked up the blob of wet clay and hesitatingly dug her thumbs in first, and thick gray-brown watery stuff oozed out, slowly, and onto the cobbles... 'Ghyek. You have to walk around like this?' She pushed into it with all of her fingers, then, and almost totally forgot that this messy stuff was a living thing - 'Can you... feel it?' - she felt it hardening up and it stopped leaking. She shaped it into a little bowl, first, with deep finger prints on either edge, and smiled - 'Good? I'm not really good with clay, ahaha... I did a bit of carving when I was... uh, well... I did a bit of carving, anyway. With wood and stone, or pewter but never with clay or nothing.' She shaped it into a cup (poorly formed, with a handle too small to get your finger into), and then a marlinspike, and then back into what she imagined was Sinoa's regular body shape, and then set it down next to the little Pycon.

'Hey you ever hear that... it was a piece of writing, someone says... If you cut off their arm, you know, it's them and their arm... And you cut off their legs, it's them and their legs... And you cut out their guts, and it's them and their guts... But you cut off their head - is it them and their body, or them and their head?'

She wiped her hands down as best she could on her shirt, but she wasn't really that sticky. 'What brings you to Zeltiva anyway? or... or you live here?'
Midna Coolwater
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sinoa on November 30th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Sinoa

The human talked about a place called Avanthal, a place where it never rained and it peaked Sinoa's interest. "why does it not rain in this Avanthal place? does it do something instead of rain? does clay fall form the sky? or does nothing fall? why does water fall from the sky anyway? I always though it was because the sky was sad." Babbled the Pycon
"Oh! my name is Sinoa" The Pycon repeated, with all the rain Midna must have missed when Sinoa said his name.
As Midna worked into Sinoa's clay body, the human suddenly stopped and looked at Sinoa with apprehension. Midna asked if Sinoa could feel what they were doing to his body. "oh no, when clay is detached from my nexus it's just regular clay" Sinoa explained "Although I don't think I feel quite the same way you tall folk feel pain. If I get my arm cut off it only feels.... uncomfortable...other things can hurt us like being stepped on, or getting hit in the nexus or producing offspring...my Mother said it hurt when she created me"

After the human finished the work on the clay and set the clay bowl down in front of Sinoa, they asked if Sinoa had heard of a particular written passage. Not having read much in his short life, Sinoa was unfamiliar with the info Midna had shared. "I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read yet, but I'm glad you shared with with me...what does it mean" Sinoa said earnestly
while the pycon waited for their answer he began to take bites of the bowl, but soon realized that he had not thanked the Human "Oh I'm sorry I forgot to thank you, the bowl you made is lovely its really a shame I have to eat it."
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Midna Coolwater on December 1st, 2013, 2:05 pm

'Oh.. It snows, in Avanthal. White powdery stuff. Cold...' she said, musing, while roughing up the dough. 'I don't know really. I think it's because they worship that god... Laviku... here. We worship Morwa up north. She's the goddess of snow.'

'Oh,' she said as the pycon talked about its nexus. 'What- uh... I mean, no offence...' she pushed her eyebrows together a bit, while making the little bowl. 'What's a nexus?'

'Mmm,' said Midna when she was cleaning her hands down - 'Well, I think it means... They say, 'what right does my head have to say it's me?' or something. I guess they just mean... Where are we, in all this?' she said, gesturing towards her own body. 'Why are some parts parts and some parts wholes...' she shrugged.

Midna looked off into the rain, not really thinking about what she had just said - listening to the little sounds on the cobbles and listening to the sound hit above the shelter, and watching the rain bouncing very gently. She looked back at the little pycon - he was eating the bowl she made -

'Uh!' she said out loud, her eyebrows raised in shock. 'Oh!' she tried to cover it up - 'I uh... I mean - Priskil's heart... You're eating it? I thought you were gonna wear it'
Midna Coolwater
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sinoa on December 2nd, 2013, 4:42 am

Sinoa

"oh so it is the gods that make things fall from the sky? I think I've seen snow before but it only happens during winter.... and it's Morwa that creates the snow... and Laviku makes the rain? hrm I wonder why they do that." Sinoa contemplated. "My creator Harameus is a god as well, they cause the change and transformation to come about in the world." The Pycon said proudly before his voice suddenly changed to a lower tone "some people believe they can create unnatural change like Harameus through the magical art of alchemy but only Harameus should be allowed to do this." Sinoa turned his head up to Midna before speaking again "...you don't do alchemy do you?"

Midna asked what a nexus was and Sinoa was quick to answer "oh I'm so sorry, a nexus is like what you humans call a brain. it controls what we do and stores our memories and thoughts." sinoa explained.
He normally used the word brain when talking to tall folk as the term nexus seemed to always confuse them but with all the rain and general unpleasantness going on sinoa had completely forgot his manners.

Midna tried their best to explain the written piece they had recited earlier, but it still seemed to take a rather long time for sinoa to comprehend what the human was saying. When it finally did click in Sinoa's nexus, it made the pycon feel a great sense of accomplishment " so your talking about how my my body doesn't always have to be my body but my nexus is always me no matter what form I take...right?" Sinoa enthusiastically replied while shaking in excitement.
"I still don't know what you mean by where we are in all this though? we are clearly in the town Zeltiva." Sinoa said matter of factually.
"speaking of this place, have you heard of this Coodayta? I'm not sure but I think it might be a monster of some kind, it's got a lot of the people in this town scared it seems."

Upon realizing that Sinoa had began eating the bowl, the tall folk seemed displeased and thought that Sinoa was going to wear the bowl for reason Sinoa was unable to understand.
"oh, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression but I need to reclaim my body back before it looses it's connection with me...if that happens it takes a long time to grow back." Sinoa said before he took a few more bites. With each new bite more of his body seemed to inflate back to the way it once was but with considerably less bloating than before. Sinoa continued to eat the clay bowl until he was at his regular body mass while talking a few breaks to talk to Midna. When the rain stopped coming down the two went their separate ways.

Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ariann on March 13th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Grades!

Congratulations! The following records the grades all you wonderful people have recieved! Good job! ^_^

Congrats, Sinoa!
Sinoa :
Sinoa

Socialization+2 SP
Rhetoric+1 SP
Observation+1 SP

Lores:
Places - Avanthal, Mysterious City
Places - Zeltiva, The Rainy City
People - Midna, A Strange Lady

Congrats, Midna Coolwater!
Midna :
Midna Coolwater

Notes: Your ledger is not up-to-date. Please update it and PM me when it is completed.

This was a... strange read. Not strange in the bad way, but in the good way! ^_^ I've not read about Pycons ICly and this was a good read for me, I learned many things! Keep it up, Sinoa!

If there is any issues with the points I have given, or if you think you deserve More/Different Lores, then feel free to PM me! I will rectify the issue ASAP, if I am indeed incorrect. ^_^ Have a nice day!

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)