PM to join Dormitory Blues (Cynnya)

With all the single room dorms taken, two girls are forced to be roommates

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Dormitory Blues (Cynnya)

Postby Ella Wakefield on December 1st, 2013, 6:02 pm

Winter 1st, just after the 9th bell, 513 A.V.

The petite student glanced at the scrap of paper in her hand.

'Room 201B, Room 201B, Room 201B...

After enrolling in another season, Ella had discovered that she had been moved to another dormitory block. The reasons was unclear, but she presumed that someone had slipped a bribe to get a single room rather than be forced to share. She rubbed her eyes, the dark circles under her eyes just starting to fade. Why did she have to move so early?

'Oh well,' She thought to herself, breaking the monotony of memorizing her dorm number, 'Perhaps this will be for the better. Maybe I'll gain a friend who could help me with my studies...' A small smile formed on her lips from the thought, her daydreaming of a fellow mage nearly causing her to miss the room in front of her. The wooden door has its name inscribed: '201B'.

Fumbling with the iron key, Ella clumsily unlocked the door. Leaving it open, she dropped her backpack next to one of the bunks and flopped onto the bed, almost instantly drifting into a snooze.

Ella Wakefield
Just an ordinary mage.

Words: 6018
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 10:18 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dormitory Blues (Cynnya)

Postby Cynnya on December 2nd, 2013, 5:04 am

This semester was going to be miserable.

Just as she was getting ready to go back to university, she got the letter that she would be sharing a room with someone this term. The past couple of terms she had taken classes at the university, she had her own room and that was how she liked it. Now, she had to share her space, be worried about someone touching her things and hide anything personal from her roommate. As a naturally territorial person, this was just not how she pictured spending her season.

Cynnya hefted her bag a little higher up on her shoulder and deepened her scowl, looking again at the piece of paper in her hand. "201B. We'll see how long this lasts," she muttered to herself as she climbed the stairs to the second floor. The door she saw was 215B so she walked down the hall a bit, noticing that a door at the end of the hall had the door open. "Please don't be 201B..." she whispered, having hoped to have at least some time alone before her roommate arrived. As the numbers on the doors descended, her worst fears were confirmed as the open door was situated just after 202B. Had she been in ocelot form, her ears would have been flat against her neck and her fur bristled in irritation, but as it was her human body posture displayed her discomfort with the situation well enough.

Since the door was open, she put the key in her pocket and entered quietly, her footsteps light yet deliberate. The first thing she noticed was the scent of her roommate, a mixture of parchment and leather that reminded her of the library as well as a hint of morning dew. At the very least her roommate didn't smell bad, which would have made the situation a thousand times more unbearable. As her eyes quickly adjusted to the light in the room, she saw her roommate lying on one of the beds, presumably napping. Good, she wouldn't have to interact with her right away.

Cynnya gently placed her bag next to the empty bed, trying not to make a sound in order to avoid waking the girl. Just as quietly she took out a worn leather-bound book and opened the well-worn pages to read. Her sharp gaze darted over to the girl in disgust and she rehearsed in her mind the rules that she would have to set in order to make this situation liveable.

{ made by ally of thesintax and rpgd, please leave this credit intact }

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dormitory Blues (Cynnya)

Postby Ella Wakefield on December 3rd, 2013, 5:59 am

With the door still wide open, it only took a few chimes for the hustle and bustle of fellow classmates to pass through to Ella's ears. A few peeked in as they walked by, observing the kelvic girl quietly reading with interest before moving on to find their classes for the season. One guy, however, stood for a chime to gaze at the two girls, perhaps not getting the hint that he wasn't supposed to peep into other people's rooms.

This was enough to wake Ella from her slumber. Her eyes opened halfway, just barely enough to see with Syna's bright light shining through the open doorway. She was about to open her mouth to tell the gaping onlooker to leave before she noticed Cynnya's silhouette in the corner of her eye. At least her roommate looked nice... but there was only one way to really tell.

For half a bell, Ella's dusty eyes focused on the girl's form. She imagined the Djed flowing from the top of her forehead to drape over her eyes, forming a glossy looking glass to see her roommate's aura. Soon, a light greenish glow appeared to emanate from Cynnya's figure.

'That's strange...' Ella thought to herself, as if to write it down in her mind, 'She appears to have a mostly human aura, but something seems... off, like it was intermingled with an animal's. Perhaps she had an animal on her, or she could be a Kelvic...' Mentally shaking her head, the girl shut the aura off as wave of exhaustion flooded her senses, already tired from being up so early.

Ella Wakefield
Just an ordinary mage.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dormitory Blues (Cynnya)

Postby Cynnya on December 3rd, 2013, 1:50 pm

Cynnya attempted to ignore the probing eyes that passed by their room, loathe to do anything that might wake up her roommate. Her gaze turned icily to every onlooker who quickly moved on after realizing she was not in the mood for conversation. One guy in particular stayed longer than most and she slowly closed her book, moving her legs over the side of her bed and staring at the poor soul who had decided to cross her.

"Didn't your mother teach you it is rude to stare?" she snapped, standing up swiftly and slamming the door in his face. She turned around in disgust, muttering something about disgusting boys under her breath before turning her attention to her now awake roommate. If she hadn't been awake before, she was surely awake now with the slamming of the door and scene Cynnya had just made.

"Good, you're awake. Time for some ground rules," she said, sitting back down on the edge of her bed and facing the other girl with a stern look. She didn't even bother to introduce herself before diving in. "You will not touch my stuff and I won't touch yours. You will stay on your side of the room and I will stay on mine. No one else enters this room, especially those of the opposite sex. The room stays quiet during the daytime and you don't bother me when I'm studying. Got all that?" She may have seemed unreasonable and cold, but it was mostly a product of her annoyance with having to deal with a roommate. She wasn't about to be nice right away to someone who was invading her territory.

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dormitory Blues (Cynnya)

Postby Ella Wakefield on December 4th, 2013, 1:20 am

While her roommate was listing off the rules, Ella was only half listening. She slowly sat up from the bed, rubbing her eyes and letting out a small yawn. Her roommate had been going off on rules and such, but she must have been out of it when she said her name. The clear vibe of territorial dominance did not go through to her, making her small smile seem oddly out of place for someone who had just been talked down too.

"I'm Ella, nice to meet you." Her voice was soft and unusually quiet for the behavior she seemed to be exhibiting. She outstretched a hand towards the Kelvic girl, slightly invading into Cynnya's space. Any signs of hostile intent would be missed by the dark haired girl, spelling something unfortunate in her future when she did snap to it.
Ella Wakefield
Just an ordinary mage.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dormitory Blues (Cynnya)

Postby Cynnya on December 4th, 2013, 3:21 am

Cynnya looked at the girl quizzically, waiting for a response while her roommate...smiled? Most people would not have responded in such a pleasant way after the tirade she just unleashed on the girl and she was more than a little confused.

That confusion was taken up just a notch as her roommate quietly introduced herself as Ella and said it was nice to meet her. "Did you even hear a word I said?" she snapped, crossing her arms under her diminutive chest. When Ella outstretched her hand towards her, Cynnya's eyes flashed annoyance and she jumped back onto her bed, hissing at the intrusion into her personal space. "I said stay on your side of the room and don't touch my stuff! My stuff includes me!" she hissed, glaring at the girl's hand as if it were diseased.

"Do you need me to go over the rules again?" she asked slowly, enunciating every word carefully and harshly. Her expression and tone was decidedly unfriendly, her eyebrows angled and her eyes narrowed. "I do not have time to explain things twice to you every time, are you slow?" It wasn't that Cynnya was a mean person, she just was incredibly impatient when it came to situations she was already annoyed with and this was one of those situations. Besides, being cold to people kept them at a distance and that was just how she liked it. Solitary and territorial, this situation could not be more inconvenient for her unless her roommate was in fact her bondmate. This hadn't happened, however, so she at least had that to be thankful for.

Cynnya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets