[Scholar's Asylum] Is this really necessary? [Eldritch]

Amelia comes in for a psychology evaluation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Amelia Cross on December 11th, 2013, 6:25 pm

It didn’t take a genius to see that Bethany was not found of this topic, but call Amelia cold-hearted if you must. She didn’t regret asking. For one thing, the woman was putting Amelia in a hard position from the start, possibly denying her the gift of learning and making her think over every question given…so the little bit of curiosity Amelia showed, was a little bit of discomfort she could deal with. Amelia was sure of it. ”so, the of plague …” the domain was of little interest to the cross, she was sure her father would find it a lot more interesting, but since her communication with him was cut off now, she had little to no reason to hold on to the god.

She didn’t understand why poisons seemed to be so much of an…interest? To the woman, it was a field of study jus like any other, except that this was actually a dangerous one, but only if used wrongly”May I ask, what is so interesting exactly, about my father studying poisons?” she couldn’t help but ask, ignoring her comment upon her coming here alone.

Overgiving was a term Amelia was familiar with only on theory, but even theory alone made her fear it. But she had never seen it happen on others or experienced it on herself, at least she thought so. It toke her a chime to think it all over as far as she could recall, at the institute she always made sure to stick with theory over practice and Clyde made sure she didn’t push herself, at least she had the feeling he did.

”As far as I can remember, the closest to overgiving I have experienced has been one incident where I experienced a weak headache? I read that that that also qualifies as a sign of it though I’m not sure since the symptom alone is so vogue that it could be just signed off as a general health issue”

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Eldritch on December 15th, 2013, 11:07 pm

"Poison's and the study of them is forbidden by the University, attempts to circumvent this rule are subject to summery expulsion from the University and heavy fine by the Wave Guard. Though, I trust you have no traffic in such things. It was only interesting that someone like your father was able to operate in Zeltiva, it certainly raises a few questions." Bethany would answer, shrugging slightly though her eyes held a cunning gleam to them.

She regarded Amelia very carefully as the woman spoke of her experience with overgiving, raising an eyebrow here or there. Once the Cross girl was done the woman started jotting down a few notes again, this time her brow creasing slightly. Bethany finished her notes and regarded the other woman, her eyes holding little mirth and her smile lost a little of its past luster.

"Headaches are common to pre-overgiving, the real kind, the dangerous kind is dwelling within these very walls. There are wizards here who have tried to burn out their own eyes, who have fallen victim to complete and utter insanity. They are broken shells of who they once were, their abuse of magic having taken from them their minds. That is why this place exists, Amelia, to study just how it happens and how it can be prevented." The woman stated, waving a hand airily.

Her eyes lost that glazed quality and she pinched the bridge of her nose, as thought tired. A slight shake of her head was given before she regarded Amelia with a smile once more, though it possessed and edge of exhaustion to it.

"I think I have all the information I need. I'll pass it along to Professor Stonemiller, I suspect he'll give you entrance." She said, standing up and making her way to the door.

The woman produced a similar key as the one the person at the desk had used, one inscribed with Glyphs and placed in the lock. As with the person before she was careful to not actually touch the series of Glyphs on the door as she then opened it. She gestured for Amelia to depart, her smile still firmly on her face.

"Farewell Amelia Cross, I hope to see you again." The woman said.

OOCWell that should wrap it up, sorry it took so long! I'll grade it when you put up your last post! :D
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Amelia Cross on December 28th, 2013, 1:12 pm

The news of the studies being forbidden in the university were new to her. She was sure that her father, and her mother bout claimed that Dominick had come here studying poisons, pilfering and the like...above other things. Then again, the woman didn’t seem to be that old and the times tend to change. Amelia wouldn’t be surprised if over the years things changed and due to some unfortunate events the studies were marked forbidden...she just couldn’t see her parents lying to her about something as silly as classes.

Bethany could send chills down Amelia’s spine with what she said. The pale woman knew the risks, she had studies them inside out, over and over, people had reminded her, even the ones who had no association with magic what so ever…but the tone this woman used just made Amelia fear overgiving on a whole new level. None the less, she wouldn’t step down, she was sure that she was cautious enough to not step into insanity…

Whether or not Amelia had passed her evaluation was a mystery, the girl didn’t ask it to Bethany assuming she wouldn’t give an answer much more straightforward than already given, but it still bothered Amelia. Above all else, she didn’t see was it actually possible to see capability of dealing with magic and its temptations with these few questions. How did her city of origins play a role? Her parents? Would her father’s true trade make a difference? Her fate? It all was all too confusing…Somehow, she had a feeling they knew more of her than she had spoken ”paranoid, you are just being paranoid”

The was the door was unlocked by the woman was not as interesting now to Amelia as it had been when the woman who brought her here had done it first…not because it had lost its sense of mystery or Amelia had lost her sense of curiosity, but her mind was just far too busy trying to handle the questions it had brought on it ”farewell” Amelia smiled, waved with her pale palm in a polite gesture and finally departed…honestly hopping she would not have to see the woman or this building anytime soon.

oocsorry this toke me so long, December can be a pain

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous