[Spirit/Abstract's Scrapbook]Musings of a muser...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Abstract on December 12th, 2013, 10:35 pm

Pretzels and School

Two widely different things, and (mostly unrelated). Well, the pretzels are based of the school, but that's not the point. Anyways, the former is not so important, while the latter... an update on my activity for the next week, so you might want to read it if you have threads with me :)

Starting with the most important thing (not to waste your time) I'll just glaze over the school situation. With Christmas holidays coming up, all the teachers have decided to pile on projects and tests to get them done before the 19th (last day of school). Because of all the kind of unusual workload, my Mizahar activity will be pretty measly until the 18th... so a lot of extra things I'd normally do are being put off. Replies will probably be waiting longer than usual, especially on mod stuff...

I apologize for any delays that come! Things will clear up soon, however, and once they are I'll be on full power!

----

Now for the other topic! Pretzels! No, not this kind of pretzel, the kind of stuff you buy in bags that are half full of air anyways. The original, bread dough, kneading, size of a plate kind. Well, for a project (see? School), I had to bake some... but mine didn't look like this... not at all.

They were sort of squishy, and didn't really have the right knot and were missing the holes, and... I could go on. They were fun to make, but a pain. Did you know you have to give them a baking soda bath? Don't ask me what it's for. The instructions said so. They also lied... which irritates me a little. You were supposed to boil a pot of water, then add the baking soda. Warning. There might be a small reaction.

Smaaaall. Yes, that was so small.... After about half a foot of foam from the pot, and spilling a third of the water all over the floor and stove... of course it's small! Gah. And since there's still the baking soda mixed in, all the stuff (including that bit of floor) have these white spots v.v Anyways, they (sorta) turned out, so not too much to complain about...

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Abstract on December 19th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Well, on the pretzel note... I made another batch and they turned out much better. They had the holes and everything. And they were actually brown... but they didn't taste as good, which was irritating.

Anyways... Winter break is on! I only really have 3 things to do (projects), and one thing's easy, so most of my time will be devoted to Mizahar. A grade per day will continue, and I'll be doing a lot more moderated threads and development... I plan on finishing the Codex by the end of the holidays... *gulps*

I know a few of my Ravokians are waiting on me to continue moderated threads... I've recently gotten a barrage of PMs, so re-sending anything important would be really appreciated, as they're probably lost by now. I'll post this notice up in the OOC thread as well, in case anyone misses it here.

Otherwise, I'm free!!! *Cheers* More threads for my PCs are welcome as well, since I'm feeling vaguely writing deprived. And ignoring my solo, of course. I really need to work on that...

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on December 23rd, 2013, 11:04 pm

*Groans* so much ice... ice everywhere. The trees are COVERED with it, and break. A lot. Breaking means hitting power lines, and you can guess what that means... power outage. Though I've found a place with power, I'm pretty busy there, meaning I don't have too much time for Mizahar until my own electricity gets sorted out.... urg.

Because my list is so long, I'm writing up a full one here:

- GRADE (finish the placeholder v.v)
- Post up SQ/Participants/Rules
- Post up Execution Prompt
- Reply to Valerius
- Reply to Ino/Val
- Reply to Ino/Val/Amelia
- Reply to Sevris (PM)
- Update Spirit's CS (again)
- Work on Codex
- Work on Spirit Solo
- Reply to Una
- Reply to Shayna

- Reply to Kat
- Reply to Darius
- Reply to Tobias

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on December 29th, 2013, 10:49 pm

Aha! I've finished everything on that list, plus more! The nearly-4000-word IC part of the codex is done, and guess what... grading is down to 2 posts! Two! *cheers*

I'm in a good mood. Can you tell? I even started my homework!

I finally watched one of the Sherlock episodes I'd never gotten around to doing last night... and now I remember why it was so good. It just is... so... amazing... poor Watson though... surrounded by all these strange people. That's put me in a good mood...

On another note, one of my friends, for Christmas, got tickets for Les Miserable yesterday... and I was supposed to tag along. Surprisingly, though she's a sort of on-the-side actor person, and has been in a few basic plays... it was only her second musical. Then I think of all the stuff I've seen....

O.o

My parents really take me to theaters a lot... a lot more than usual... which is great, considering how expensive it is... and honestly, I'm quite thankful. I love live stuff, and I think it's been a great experience... (Am I getting sidetracked? I think I am). I tried to list all the plays I've seen... and it got longer than I though... and those were just the ones I remember. Just thinking about it... I've seen sooooo many plays...

Just going to stare at the list so far for a few moments...

(I apologize if this doesn't make much sense... my rambles usually don't)

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on January 5th, 2014, 8:46 pm

I think I've found my preferred background music for... everything. A beautiful mix of my two favorite themes: Sherlock and Doctor Who. Too bad they only have a 10 minute long repeat version...

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Alea Davenport on January 6th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Replace "youtube" in the URL with "listenonrepeat" and you'll get a forever repeating version ;)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Abstract on January 6th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Ooooh goody. Never heard of that before. Now I can listen to it over and over again and shove this other annoying song out of my brain :|

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on January 9th, 2014, 10:39 pm

I'm not yet sure if this is a good thing, or a bad thing...

I recently ordered a bunch of teas to try from a really nice store, 2 oz each (it was the smallest amount). I'd read in the FAQ that 2 oz of loose leaves = an 8 oz cup. Well... re-reading it, I discovered that I'd missed a number. Mainly the 25 - 30 between the two statements. So...

I now have 10 portions of 2 oz of tea, each which will give me 25-or-so cups of tea.

I'm going to be drowning in it v.v

At least it'll taste great! And a lot more worth the money.

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on January 11th, 2014, 1:10 pm

It worked! I can't believe it worked.

Anyways, to explain. I've always heard that writing gibberish is a cure for writer's block. Well, I dunno about that (I don't have it at the moment) but I though it might help with plotting. I'm trying to work out something new to throw into this solo, but every time I try to remind myself of it... I get distracted.

So I tried writing gibberish. And eventually... I came up with something! It was sorta funny. But... the miracles of the brain :P

If you want to know, it started with something very, very random...

Maple syrup chocolate syrup all things round and green and squiggly. Look, a period. And another! Oops, that was an exclamation mark.

And it goes on....

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on January 12th, 2014, 2:16 am

It's genius I say! Genius!

The Pixar Theory

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook