[Spirit/Abstract's Scrapbook]Musings of a muser...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Abstract on September 30th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Hey! I just want to first apologize to those waiting on me for box codes... I'm going through a specifically 'non-artsy' streak right now... so you may have to wait a bit. I'm sorry! I'll get to them when I find something inspiring.

Until then, I have a list to make... to keep track of all the things I need to make :)

Eyasia Box
Aka Box
Draugl Box
Celeste Box
Lullaby Edits

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Abstract on October 1st, 2013, 10:34 pm

Character Creation

So, as some of you may know, I have begun to think up a fifth character... something I really shouldn't do, considering it's the limit, and 5 PCs can be a lot, but... eh. At least one is in a very slow city, and another only have one serious threading partner... who is relatively slow themselves, so that PC isn't that active. I've finally gotten Spirit back into the groove of things, with a new active thread, and same with Lacerta. Honestly... this is the first really active thread I've had in a month... it's sad, thinking about it.

Aaaanyways, off my activity, and on to what I was supposed to be writing about. I wanted to go a little in depth into my character creation process, especially for this PC... I'll do it in steps, then explain each step.

1. Come up with a 'concept'

Concept, at this point, means race, city, occupation, all that jazz. SO... at the moment, my character is a Chatakwe Drykas, in Endrykas, who works with the watch. I spent a while with this one, musing over a fletcher, or a webber, but I think I've decided on the Watch. This is the simplest stage, often what gets me into character creation, or tempts me to make a new PC. Like... HMMM I just watched a show on whales. It would be so much fun to play a Whale Kelvic! And while I'm watching the show I build up the concept... which is annoying, but I've learnt to ignore these ideas.

2. Find a model

I know, odd to do this step second, right? But I've found that the model I choose can really make up the character's personality. Also, doing it before I've chosen a solid appearance makes it SO much easier to find a suitable model. So, since I chose a Chatakwe, I had to find a black haired person. Sadly, at first, I was planning on a mixed blood, and I found a REALLY good model. Then I changed my mind, and went searching for another model with black hair. I found one... but I didn't like her. She didn't fit. Also the pictures were a little small... but that's not the point. I went back to the original one, liking the images, and tried to change their hair/eye color. Well I failed at that. All I can say is... THANK YOU FALLON!! Yea. If you want to know, this is my model, and this is the pic Fallon made for me :)

3. Personality

Now that I have a face to put the person to, I can start working with their personality. Which includes a lot of me constantly staring at the model... it's a little creepy. Anyways, I put the most thought into this, figuring out what the character would be like, based on the previous two steps, plus the vague history I've come up for them... yea. I'm still working on this step, but it's coming on... especially as I changed back to my original model.

4. Write the CS.

What does it sound like?

Yea! That's the basic character creation for me! ...I hope this wasn't boring..yea. Off to write/watch FMA/work on the above step. I haven't decided yet... I probably should, shouldn't I?

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Lullaby on October 2nd, 2013, 4:17 am

Holy cumbcakes, Abbers. I don't know how you manage! I semi-retired all my other PCs after taking on an ST account, 'cept my one main that I keep fairly active. You are like wonder woman in my eyes right now to be able to juggle coming up as five with Abstract.

Chatakwe sounds so interesting to play, and I love love love your model. I can definitely see why you were so pinned on using her. The re-coloring is very well done aswell! It sounds like you have the solid basics down that should make the rest come easier, as then its a reflection of where she is today. Why did she join, where her parents in it, etc etc. I'm excited to see your PC wandering around. ^-^

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Office

Postby Abstract on October 2nd, 2013, 11:58 am

XD Well, I don't seem to have a particularly challenging semester right now at school, so I'm able to spend a lot more time on Miz :) ...I still spend a bunch of time lazily surfing the pages, which I really shouldn't do... but when I have something to write, it gives me a little more motivation not to do that? Anyways, yea...

I agree that the model is great... do you remember Wanda's model? All those great pictures and stuff? Well... the photographer has a bunch of other models too, with just as great images, so my model was actually done by that person too... made searching very convenient.

...I need to get Fallon to edit me another pic :) The one I chose isn't very good for an avatar... I'll ask her later though...

...PS, that box code always reminds me of this Toys R Us toy...

See? Turtle... stars... yea :) Traverse did a really great job on it!

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on October 4th, 2013, 10:49 pm

I wanted to mention a few things here... One: A song. From Pandora Hearts, if you've heard of it, the song actually has a lot of plot value... but it's really pretty too! I have it on my ipod, oddly enough...

The other two things I wanted to mention were thanking people...

1. Edreina/Prae... I make a Drykas PC... tell you... walk the dog... and come back to find a box code for me XD That was... funny, to say the least. And entertaining. It's really pretty, thank you! Oryani will treasure it forever...

2. Radiant... This is an odd thing to thank you for, but thank you for your scrapbook! It's nice to be able to find a bunch of good music.... all in one place :) Yea. Very useful... :P

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Radiant on October 5th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Ooooh! You're very welcome, Abs! :D It warms my heart to see people enjoy the musics I share from the internet! Here's a little gift for you, I hope you like orchestra music!

P.S: I love Pandora Hearts too. ;) My fav is Sharon!
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Abstract on October 11th, 2013, 12:58 pm

I like the song Rad! I think my favorite character is.. hrm... Echo! Echo's cool. :D

Anyways, I'm here on a different note... This weekend, my posting will be late if best, for a multitude of reasons. First... it's thanksgiving weekend, and I have a lot of family coming over... so I'm expected to spend time with them. Also, my teachers decided that giving PILES of homework over this weekend all at the same time was a great idea. Honestly, I swear they plot together to give all the big stuff at the same time. I have 3 science test thingies (same class) next week... 3... as well as 4 projects to work on >.>

Yea... I normally don't have much, so hopefully I'll have time to get some more posting done :P

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on October 11th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Ok, I know, two posts in one day, but my friend just showed me this. So.... fun... and so BEAUTIFUL!

this. Really fun, and really easy to make magnificent designs. o.O

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on October 21st, 2013, 11:21 pm

Well... I have two things to talk about here, so lets start with the less important one.

Another entertaining game.... at least this one, once you get to a certain point, you don't really need to pay much attention to it. SO MANY COOKIES...

Secondly, I've been thinking about writing about... something... here, but I'm not sure what. Sooo I'm taking requests. Anything you want me to talk about? Music, school, grading, my PCs... stuff like that. I just want to know what you guys are interested to here. Just post in my Scrap and I'll see what turns up!

~ Abs

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Alva Marek on October 22nd, 2013, 12:46 am

^.^ Music is always an awesome topic.
Alva Marek
Player

Words: 15538
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2013, 4:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

PreviousNext