Closed A Second Meeting[Halin'a; Cynnya]

Halin'a and Cynnya meet up as agreed; whatever expectations they had for this meeting, what actually happens probably wasn't it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Second Meeting[Halin'a; Cynnya]

Postby Cynnya on December 20th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Cynnya remained in the trance, the small alert part of her brain wondering why she wasn't being awoken at this point. She had told the truth as she was asked to do and her name should now be cleared. With her eyes closed in her trance-like state, she could not see the woman moving in front of her, but rather heard the movement and the direction from which the woman's voice came from changed.

'Little pet'? Privacy? Cynnya could neither see nor feel in any way the hallucination that was projected towards Halin'a, but had she been able to she would have known for sure that Bethany was up to no good. She had suspected ulterior motives of the woman before she even went into the trance, but this would have solidified her suspicions. However, she couldn't see nor experience any of that and remained under the trance.

Her subconscious heard every word and believed it as she was urged to. She merely nodded her understanding as Bethany asked if she understood.

Suddenly, she was awake, her eyes blinking open rapidly as she was taken out of the trance. She looked up at Halin'a anxiously and then warily over to Miss Loris. She couldn't remember what she said during the trance or even what questions were asked. In fact, all she could remember was Miss Loris talking to her soothingly and putting her into the trance. After that, it was just nothing.

She sighed in relief as Miss Loris declared that she had been telling the truth, smiling slightly. "So you believe me now? Am I free to go?" she asked quietly, looking over at Halin'a for any sign that he had noticed anything out of place during the trance.

{ made by ally of thesintax and rpgd, please leave this credit intact }

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Halin'a on December 22nd, 2013, 4:23 pm

Halin'a watched anxiously as the woman continued her interrogation, only relaxing slightly when she brought Cynnya out of the trance. He offered the Kelvic a reassuring smile, moving closer to rest a hand on her shoulder briefly. "You answered everything," he reassured her. "You weren't in here until we were led here."

Halin'a turned to Loris expectantly. "Are we free to go?" he asked pointedly.
Avatar by me; based off of this picture
Halin'a
Player

Words: 65334
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldritch on December 24th, 2013, 2:59 am

Bethany shook her head slightly at their inquires about being able to leave, raising her hands helplessly.

"I'm not the one who decides if you go or not, that's up to Professor Stonemiller. I'll let him know that you have no recollection of doing these crimes, likely he'll concede to just let you go. Though, if you aren't our suspect then it looks like we are going to have some searching to do. Can't have a menace like that running around." Bethany replied, rounding to the other side of the table and reclining back in her chair easily.

They would be made to wait for another half bell, in that time Bethany had recovered her breathing to normal levels. Apparently the trance had taken a bit out of her, at least that was the obvious source. The pair were free to talk to each other and to their watcher if they so desired during this time, she wouldn't attempt to talk to them during this time.

Finally the sound of a lock being turned sounded out and Professor Stonemiller entered, carrying two things. One was a thick book and the other was a document that Cynnya might find familiar as being one that was signed during her entry to the University. The old man placed both on the table with a resounding thud, his face slightly bemused.

"I took the liberty of comparing the signatures, please take a look here." He said, flipping to the page in question in the log books.

If one were to look at the two signatures they would look completely identical and the time of entry was around the time Bethany had interrogated her over. Stonemiller also gave her a pointed look, displeased by something obviously or perhaps confused. The Professor tended to look displeased about most things.

"Asking the witnesses they confirmed that your eyes were the same, however I checked around the library and they confirmed that you were there." He said.

"My investigation confirms something similar. Cynnya has no recollection of doing anything of the sort, unless her memory was altered somehow she is telling the truth." Bethany offered.

Stonemiller cursed low under his breath and turned towards the wall, deep in thought. He was silent for a good few chimes before whirling about and gesturing towards the open door.

"You are both free to leave. It appears we have a person on the loose who knows you very well, Miss Cynnya, I would be careful where you step." Stonemiller stated.

OOCRight, this should about wrap it up unless either of you ask a question or two. If not then put up your last posts please and I'll grade this. Great job you two! :D
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cynnya on December 30th, 2013, 4:17 am

Cynnya frowned as Bethany said it wasn't up to her whether they were able to go or not but she could vouch for her lack of knowledge of the crime. This woman who had seemed so predatory, so cunning before now was being trusted to vouch for Cynnya's innocence. This woman was perhaps what Cynnya disliked the most about this whole situation. She watched her with a guarded expression for a moment, noticing that she appeared tired or at least out of breath. Did putting her in a trance and asking her a few questions really tire Miss Loris out that much? She must not be very good at magic; she had seen her own roommate do multiple spells in the course of a few minutes and not get that winded.

With the horrid procedure over and Miss Loris convinced of her innocence, all that was left to do was wait for Professor Stonemiller to return and let them leave. He was the one with real authority around here, it seemed, and Miss Loris was just an assistant of sorts. Cynnya suppressed a shudder as she thought once more about what sort of things the mage might have done to her and she wouldn't even know about it.

She curled up in her chair, her gaze shifting from Halin'a to Bethany periodically, wanting desperately to ask him what had happened while she was in the trance but at the same time afraid to do so in front of the awful woman. She was startled to her feet when the lock clicked in the door and the professor returned with his arms full of books. She looked where he pointed, puzzled at the identical signatures she saw before her. "I did not sign that book," she said quietly, her brow furrowed. They were almost too identical though... "Is it possible for someone to make a...copy of ink and transfer it somehow? Perhaps magically? The signatures are exactly the same, with no variation, which wouldn't occur normally. There is always slight variation in signatures, no matter whose you look at." Cynnya knew she hadn't possibly signed that book in front of her and she was trying desperately to rationalize how someone could copy her signature so exactly.

She looked up to meet his displeased gaze and her brow furrowed further. If someone had been impersonating her, they had to have done it with magic then. There was no possible way someone could duplicate her eyes without it. However, she let out a brief sigh of relief as he revealed that librarians confirmed her presence during the time in question. She watched him silently as he turned away in thought, her body practically shaking from the effort of containing herself emotionally.

She let out a breath she hadn't known she had been holding and hastened towards the door, only looking back to make sure Halin'a was following. Once outside the door and down the hall a bit, out of earshot of the two interrogators, she broke down sobbing. Cynnya crumpled to the ground, exhausted from the effort of keeping herself composed. "Who could do this?" she whispered to herself and possibly Halin'a.

{ made by ally of thesintax and rpgd, please leave this credit intact }

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Halin'a on January 3rd, 2014, 4:03 pm

OOCSorry, real life got insanely busy!

Halin'a listened intently as Loris and Stonemiller spoke, but he didn't comment. He didn't like this whole setup, and he most definitely did not trust either of the two people. He supposed he trusted Stonemiller a bit more than Loris, but that wasn't saying much. "Thank you," he said politely as he followed Cynnya out of the interrogation room.

He startled when Cynnya fell like a marionette whose strings had been cut, but he didn't say anything, instead sitting next to her comfortingly. It was several moments before he spoke. "I don't know," he said simply. "But if you want, I'll help you find out." He reached over to rub her back comfortingly, withdrawing after a moment. "You're my friend. I'm not going to abandon you. I don't like Loris, and I trust her about as far as I can throw her." He offered the Kelvic a reassuring smile.
Avatar by me; based off of this picture
Halin'a
Player

Words: 65334
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Perplexity on October 2nd, 2014, 7:49 pm

Halin'a :
Skills:
  • Rhetoric | +2 EXP
    Persuasion | +2 EXP
    Deduction | +3 EXP
    Observation | +2 EXP
Lores:
  • Cynnya: In Trouble With The University
    Cynnya: Connected To Asylum Mishap
    Cynnya: Student of the University
    Cynnya: Not Behind Asylum Mishap
    Scholar’s Asylum: A Place of Secrecy
    Scholar’s Asylum: Protected By Magic(?)
    Ignatius Stonemiller: Head of the College of Djed
    Bethany Loris: Chief Orderly of the Asylum
    Bethany Loris: Can Put People In A Trance

Comments :
Interesting. Very interesting. If you have questions or concerns feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. :)
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous