The Usergroup Retirements

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Annalisa Marin on December 27th, 2013, 7:09 pm

So first off I'm not planning on retiring Anna anytime soon, so anyone who saw retirement in the title and thought that please be at ease. This is more about the ability to place one's PC into the Retired PC Usergroup.

So I finally decided to get around to retiring my old inactive PC's, figuring it would be a good way to clear some space even though Anna is pretty much all I play PC wise. So I went to the User Control Panel, went over to Usergroups and placed them in the retired group. I was confused however because their names still appeared orange, but when I searched through the Retired Usergroup section they were there. Orange names but still there.

My question here is probably silly but just something I'd like clarification on, is retiring a PC via the open usergroup selection considered the same as retirement using the HD?

I know its silly to ask, but the whole orange name thing and them belonging to two usergroups threw me off a little bit.

Thanks for your time. :)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on December 27th, 2013, 7:16 pm

I am pretty sure to officially retire a PC you have to post a HD ticket. I could be wrong but thats what I understand.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 27th, 2013, 7:21 pm

From what I've heard, I think self-retirement was something the founders wanted to eventually make an option, but I don't know if they've got all the bugs worked out of the system yet, so for now, retirement via the HD is still probably the way to go. :)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 27th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Use the HD ticket for now. I will provide you a list of all the PCs associated with your account if you want to be truly scared.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tarot on December 27th, 2013, 8:44 pm

The problem with adding yourself to the retired usergroup is that it won't change your primary usergroup (retired users are still part of the registered user group) and your name won't change color, so people won't know you retired unless they visit your profile. It's a delicate thing to change in the code, so I haven't done it yet. Hope springs eternal, though!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)