Confessions of a Chaon

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Confessions of a Chaon

Postby Annalisa Marin on December 7th, 2013, 7:23 pm

5th of Fall, 513 AV

Yet again I find the need to record thoughts on parchment, my mind being so jumbled that this enforcement of order is necessary. They can't hear me write, yes, and I'll burn this afterwards just in case they know. I know they know, they think I don't but oh I know. They are always listening, trying to steal my work and my secrets but they will learn just who they are dealing with soon enough, yes they will. Then they will die, die, die! Smeared against a wall, its oh so pretty!

Pleasant revenge aside that's not what this is about, no this is about the great quandary I have in my life now. Celeste Arumen, the Morphing child, a fellow apprentice and perhaps a friend. She knows but yet she doesn't turn away, even though she has to know that its my nature to lie and betray. Why!? Who does she think she is? Does she think herself safe? That I wouldn't harm her if it was commanded by Rhysol? I betrayed the woman who was like a sister and she thinks she is safe?

Stupid, stupid, stupid girl! I won't hurt her though, not unless I really need to. No, she's made me fond of her and by Rhysol I wish she hadn't. She made me question my reasons, shook up my path that was so chosen, I should hate her for that now that I'm thinking more clearly. Yet I don't, she'd too infuriatingly likable. The world was so simple but now its more complex, I care- yes, I care!- about her.

Of course after that little incident in the Dungeons I've opted to keep my... activities from her eyes. I still love displaying my dominance after all, yet she seems to not exactly like that. A pity, her power could do all sorts of interesting things in the vein of breeding terror. She really needs to learn to let loose if you ask me, that talk of honor is weakness not befitting of her. Perhaps, just maybe, she needs a little push? It wouldn't be hurting her persay, just introducing her to the more free side of living... right. Rhysol encourages strength, the girl has strength, but could she go so far as to betray someone close to her? To expose their weakness to further herself?

Yes, yes, yes I think this would be a fine undertaking! I'll need to be careful though, can't have her suspecting the surprise after all. Morality doesn't suit her very well, she'd be far more fun without it. Right, time to plan. First, however, I'll need to burn this. Can't have anyone reading it now can we?

-From the brush of Annalisa Marin, faithful servant of Rhysol.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Confessions of a Chaon

Postby Zandelia on April 5th, 2014, 3:35 am

On the 53rd of Spring 514AV a crumpled letter will be handed to Annalisa Marin with a crude wax seal in the pattern on a star and a letter D carved into it to ensure that if broken it will be noticed.

Annalisa,

I was gladdened to see that you hadn’t forgotten Dasoma, though I had hoped that with distance your perspectives may have changed somewhat. Clearly I underestimated your belligerence and your tongue chases me across the oceans to berate me further. Surely you could find a better use for said tongue? I recall there were many in our time together.

Things are going well, if slowly and with more difficulty than I had initially hoped. My skills stand me on solid ground but Sunberth hasn’t changed its stances on many things. The hatreds are still deep otherwise I would ask you to come here to see me truly in my element. You might be surprised. I have managed to cultivate many people of use and they have carried this letter to you as surely as anything I know.

I can’t tell you what I am doing, not everything, but two enemies that knew my weaknesses are dead. It was ironic for one, he was a Nuit and thus I thought you might appreciate the fact that a Pulser fought back and won for once. Rest assured I am safe, it is sweet that you ask after my health. I hope you are well also without my strong arms to shield you from the bastards there.

Do try not to get yourself killed with your experiments, at least I can see my enemies. Yours are far more subtle I feel and it would be shame for such a fine beauty to be snatched from the world and from myself. As to your research, perhaps I can offer you some direction if not fulfil your desires. Not even the dead are above need, you taught me that well enough as did Sahova. They may not back you now but you are young and powerful. Arrogance is a trait you all share – use that. Everyone has a weakness to exploit, you only need to find it. You found mine well enough. Give them something they can’t refuse, cultivate something they covet and you will gain their backing as sure as opening my legs to a thug draws them in for the blade.

Send me a letter of what you’re doing. I don’t understand magic as well as you do but I enjoy learning as much as any mage does I can assure you. My mind is not entirely weak just yet. Not old enough.

If I were there I would help you further. I am sorry that I am not. One day I will return, though I am not sure when. I have my own battle to fight and though I have won the first the second is a large beast – the city itself. You think Sahova is tough, you should come here.

I hope that your dreams are sweeter than they were before. I know the times you insufferable know all, I sailed them myself. And next time please make sure I can keep the letter without it vanishing into nothingness, the dust ruined my inkwell you know. If I have to return and do the same in kind to you I will.

~ Friend and (excellent) Lover,

Dasoma Zanelli (oh how formal!)
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Confessions of a Chaon

Postby Matthew on May 20th, 2014, 10:59 pm

To Edreina Whitewave,

I feel as if I have mastered my craft and I am moving on from Sunberth. I do not know if this letter will reach you, as I have sent it to the place that I was last aware that you were going to be. If it does, I hope you are well. I am travelling to Zeltiva to research the whereabouts of an old associate. I haven't been feeling well and was hoping to consult his medical expertise. If you find yourself needing a breath of sea air after being confined to what I assume is a very stuffy place, please feel free to visit. Your rather unique outlook on life would be much appreciated when it comes to the current concerns I find myself struggling with.

If you do come, try to find your way to the University and ask for Theresa Morgan. She will be able to lead you to me. Much has changed. I have no doubt you have experienced your own evolution as time has passed. I am have become more aware of such things than ever before.

Signed,

Matthew Wayne

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Confessions of a Chaon

Postby Annalisa Marin on May 20th, 2014, 11:06 pm

A message delivered to Anna from the Overseer of the Common Labs.

Wizard Annalisa Marin,

This letter has been written and delivered to you on the ninety-first, and last, day of Spring exactly five hundred and fourteen years after the Valterrian in regards to several complaints I have received about your conduct in the Common Labs. On the forty-second of Winter you were warned for your conduct and fined for destroying a Common Lab. Sources at that time suggested this was due to an incident with an otherworldly creature brought back from the Void. Such irresponsible tinkering with the Void is liable to result in mass destruction of Sahovan property and you were lucky that you managed to avert catastrophe that first time.

However it has now been brought to my attention that your Voiding experiments have continued. While this is not in and of itself a terrible thing it is when you decide to continue them in my Common Labs. I have received reports of missing/irreparably damaged stock as well as, quite frankly, stupendous amounts of mess. The Common Labs are provided and stocked, free of charge, for experimentation and research needs. They are not your personal playthings.

It is clear that you did not learn your lesson upon your previous fine, and so I am forced to extend to you a period of probation during which you shall not be allowed within twenty paces of the common lab areas. This probationary period will last until the end of the Summer season, and should any further reports reach my desk you will be banned from the Gug Andjak all together. You may also opt to shorten your probation by completing hours of service under my watch to rectify the damages you have done. Until then I suggest you do your Voiding in the one place everyone else with an inkling of common courtesy does: outside.

Overseer of the Common Labs
Emarus Telemaran
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Confessions of a Chaon

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 21st, 2014, 5:51 am

50 chimes after the 23rd Bell, 21st of Spring 514 A.V

When Anna entered her room in the Sahovan Quarters that night, she would find a upturned brown parchment with fresh blood stains on it, when the sorceress flipped it around she would find...

Drawing :

Made with the blood of the captives they played around earlier.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Confessions of a Chaon

Postby Mirage on May 24th, 2014, 3:13 am

The letter sent from Matthew addressed to Edreina did not fall into the hands of its intended party. Instead it found its way into the possession of someone else. Someone who tapped a quill on their desk as they read the lines over and over again. Then one hand would pull a lit candle closer, and delicately they would hold the paper over the flame until it caught, burning the letter until there was nothing but ash...

OOCPlots shall ensue stay tuned :)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Confessions of a Chaon

Postby Ricky Maze on June 15th, 2014, 4:36 am

On the first few days that summer begins Anna receives a letter, a letter delivered from the ghost of her mother in fact. Although the original carrier of this letter remains rather anonymous, the discussion between Anna's mother and this messenger is what brought reason for this deliverance in the first place. The parchment is slightly worn and folded, and it looks as though the writer of the letter took some time in conveying their message...

Anna,

Is that the correct name to use? It'd been too long since I've thought to address you, but then again you're father and I never got along to begin with after all. Always did we but heads as he never agreed with me, which is what likely drove us further apart when I made most of the lesser decisions in my life. Let it not be said that time is a mistress crueler than any other, but surely you would know that as you yourself have grown. I would ask if you're own father has mentioned of me, Burten, but I can only doubt such a question was aroused. Nevertheless none of that matters now, as I will join him soon long before this letter has reached your hand. You're father and I are from a direct line of the Maze, a family that I believe to have been cursed since the ages of old. As crazy as you may think it, my suspicions aren't far from being true as well. How long have you lived in Zeltiva? Has that life there been a happy one or rather one filled with trials of sorrow and pain, of heartache and misery in a dark place?

Such a life surely couldn't live without tragedy no? Yet our tragedies are recurring, a cycle of repetition our family has never been able to escape it seems. I wrote this letter now with hopes that you would learn just what grim possibilities could exist, as you may come to live a life of tragedy or very well weave tragedy on your own. You're actions are what play an important part in this Anna, and if you're anything like your father then I know you well enough, you're a strong and independent woman capable of changing fate itself. Every man is capable of doing so if they by all means reach out and grasp it, what is more important is that when you do grasp the reins of fate is that you don't let go. Farik of course thought me rather foolish when I believed this, and indeed it does seem a rather naive outlook to hold. Yet I believe that with the right drive and the right push, you could very well change whatever fate is given to you and shape your own destiny.

Gods only know that my son has started to do the same, yet even so he still fears to do it. He has always tried to live a rather simple and easy life, yet I can only hope whatever events the future holds will prepare him, as he too will have to learn to make his own choices in life. Which leads me to ask you for the favor, that should you cross paths with my son Ricky, help him in his endeavors and in turn see that he learns to become a man of his own destiny, help him see that being ordinary isn't by far a means to an end at all. I ask this because I fear what he may lose, should he find himself suffering more than just the loss of a father. As far as this letter is concerned I can only hope that family crosses your mind from time to time, as you were certainly the pride and join of both your father and mother long before fate drove us all apart. Trust in family, let them help you when you need them most. Surely my son can help should you find your burdens too heavy to bear, and if you ever find yourself able to help push him in turn, help him find the means to bear his burden with those important to him... rather than bearing them alone.

Your uncle,
Burten Maze
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)