Dual Wielding

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Dual Wielding

Postby Thannis Daraktheon on January 6th, 2014, 3:33 pm

Do I need Dual wielding to wield two of any weapon? I ask mainly in regards to Knuckledusters. I mean I've never used Knuckledusters before but usually the best method is just a sort of boxing technique and rarely would you be utilising both hands in ny kind of complicated maneouver. I mean dual wielding swords you have to make sure they don't bump into each other. You have to take stances and work the swords together in harmony. Two Knucledusters isn't much different than wielding two fists in the boxing ring and I know we don't need Dual Wield for that.
Much Thanks to Caela For This Sig!
Thannis Daraktheon
Player

Words: 51656
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2014, 2:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Dual Wielding

Postby Fallon on January 6th, 2014, 3:55 pm

I believe - unless I'm to be corrected in any of these points so don't take my complete word for it - with Dual Wielding you need to take two things into consideration:

1. You need to apply common sense with some weapons - Don't try and dual wield claymores or bows for example. I believe (and was always told this) things like gauntlets and knuckle dusters are covered under things like unarmed combat, brawling, etc because they are on your hand.
  2. You need to have at least 30 XP in said weapon before you can begin learning how to dual wield it

So, simply - with those points applied - yes you will need dual wielding. Hope that helps!
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dual Wielding

Postby Quint Caravel on January 8th, 2014, 8:14 am

I suppose an experienced enough Eypharian could technically duel-wield bows. That would be pretty awesome to see.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2