[Flashback] Lie for an Eye, Truth for a Tooth [Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Ash'eny on August 19th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Time Stamp: Day 80 of Summer, AV 503
Time: Midday/Noon

"Petching... Shyke! Ash! The Petch are you!"

Ash'eny looked up from his small seat as his friend, somewhat a friend, he was more like a sub leader to Ash'eny's gang, one of the more favored boys, charged straight into the three bedroom house, that's all it was too, three bedrooms for several dozen boys, there was room for little else. The screaming was heard for a good twenty seconds before Kilian burst into the place, panting, red faced, and what the Petch happened to his face? Ash'eny stood up from his seat so quickly that his chair was sent tumbling backwards into the wall. Ash'eny rushed over to his comrade, who was only a year older and a boy he grew up with, and grabbed his face, peering into his left eye, which had been gouged, probably with a knife.

"Who did this to you?"

"Maxten Driblien, that's petcher lied to us, tried to get me killed by some damned sailor or something. It petching hurts Ash! Petch... petch!"

Ash'eny looked at the face in horror, surely a knife, maybe something larger, was used to hack the guys face, shredded the eye along with it. Blood everywhere and spilling more. Ash'eny had never been so furious as now since he was betrayed by his own brothers, this might have even outdone that. He would not betray Kilian, not like he was betrayed. "Listen to me Kil, you wait right petching here, I am going to find Maxten, and I'm going to make him regret this. You better be here when I get back." Ash'eny did not wait for his friend to respond, he instantly moved outside, ready to start his hunt.

"Thank you Ash! I'll stay right here, I promise! I won't forget this!"

As Ash'eny moved out into the open of Sunberth, he instantly turned down the street slapping another boy from their little gang and beckoning him to follow, Charlin was his name, roughly two years younger than Ash'eny, and who followed without question, though judging by the searing glares Ash'eny was spitting from his eyes, it was obvious just what was on his eyes, and like a highly contagious disease, Charlin also slowly developed that gaze. As they walked, passing an alleyway, Charlin shouted, calling for a friend of his, not in their gang, but close enough to the boys where he would fight for them. This put their numbers up to three. Ash'eny, Charlin, and the newly recruited Tennt.

"Listen up Char. Somebody petched up Kilian's face. His eyes is torn to shyke, Maxten did it to him. You two are with me, try not to attract to much attention. You both know how sly this bastard can be." Charlin gasped lightly as he heard the name, though Tennt only grinned, it wasn't but last season when Maxten whipped him good, he was hungry for vengeance as well. There was a problem though, Maxten was part of the gang (Ash'eny was dedicating today to not only changing that, but making that large bastard be genuinely sorry for toying with them) and was one large petcher. He was known for being fairly skilled with a knife, for being only eighteen anyway. He was strong, fast, a little chubby, but he was a beast when enraged. It made sense that he'd be able to tear Kilian a new on all by himself, as to why he would do that to the family made no sense, but Ash'eny accepted it. He hated Maxten with all his heart, most people did. They would do everyone a favor.

"Ash, Maxten almost always carries that knife on him. You know, the one they stole from that merchant they mugged last year? Still gots it." Charlin was slightly taken aback by Ash'eny's glare, though it was not the anger for Charlin (even though he sounded like a pansy bitch), but for Maxten, and he saw logic in the boy's voice. Ash'eny nodded as he moved to the nearest building, he peaked through the glass dirt stained window, he didn't see anybody. He moved to the door and beckoned for the two boys to follow.

"Stand on either side of me, I'm breaking in. Surely there'll be something to arm ourselves." The boys nodded, they had done this before, if you've lived in Sunberth for any amount of time, you'd know a break in, random beating, or even murder was fairly common. As the boys partially concealed Ash'eny, he got to work on he door, a simple lock could be cracked open with simple tools, as long as you knew how to use them. Thankfully Ash'eny was taught all sorts of trades of criminal activity. This was simple. From under his cloak he manifested a simple lockpicking set of tools.

"Ash, hurry. There's some people coming." And as if those were the magic words, Ash'eny opened the door and pulled the two boys inside. Tennt, without a moment of hesitation (he could be petching scary at times) produced a knife as the three of them glanced around the gloom of the house. It was a single room, very poor, surely there wouldn't be much to use here. The boys quickly scanned the place, not worrying about making a mess or scattering clothing, nothing was to be found. After two minutes, the boys looked at each other, Tennt faintly grinning in an odd frustration.

"Well, I'm not going against that fat petch unarmed. So I think I'm taking this." Ash'eny chuckled faintly as he picked up a cheap wooden chair and threw it down against the floor, one of the leg splintered and fell off in a cacophony of cracking and shrieking. Ash picked up the leg and smiled as Charlin picked up the chair and pulled off another, his not quite so splintered and vicious, but it was bound to last a while longer. He nodded, allowing Ash'eny to lead their triad out of the broken-into house and continuing their trek down the street.

Luckily for Ash'eny, Charlin, and Tennt, Maxten was never difficult to find. Today he was caught harassing, probably only minutes away from molesting and raping a girl who couldn't have been more then thirteen years old, being a disgusting five years younger than Maxten himself. Ash'eny felt his rage lashing out at his sanity. Ash'eny was no good boy, but there were things he couldn't stand to do, such as that. Ash'eny swallowed firmly as he tried to hold back his wrathful language, he wanted to get as close to Maxten as possible. It was no good though, the girl looked at them and began reaching for them, asking for help most likely. Ash'eny paid no attention to her though, she would be saved merely by the fact that Maxten had to take a serious beating right now.

Maxten let go of the girl's arm as she gave away Ash'eny and his two companions' positions. The large guy grinned lightly, but that lasted only until he looked in their hands. Two with chair legs, and Tennt with a cheap (yet still fairly sharp and effective) knife. They meant to hurt him, possibly wors. "What's this mate? You petchers here to kill me huh? Heheh, which one of yah is first then?" Maxten, for a split moment, looked as if he was going to stand up against all three of the boys at once, almost honorable, though Ash'eny could only smile at the thought. Maxten was a true coward, he would fight when he has an advantage, he would harass a young girl not even half his weight and barely began to mature into her body, yet would he take responsibility for his actions? Of course not. The young man, Maxten, darted down the alley, and within moments a pursuit was going down in the streets of Sunberth.

Charlin was the fastest of the three of them, granted he was the youngest and lightest as well. He was one of the boys that would taunt other gangs just to have them chase him down in futility, he was sneaky, quick, and never tired out. Ash'eny and Tennt, on the other hand, were panting before too long, thankfully Maxten was as well. Max was one of the few bigger guys in town simply because he stole or mugged food from people so often he could actually eat rather well. Ash'eny hated everything about Maxten.

Several streets later, Charlin managed to catch up to Maxten, swinging the chair leg wildly (whatever fear Charlin had seemed to vanish the moment he saw his most hated enemy fleeing for his life, a true predator of situation), the blow hit Maxten in the hip, but only caused him to stumble and turn around, delivering a swift, and perfect, punch to Charlin's chin, knocking the fourteen year old kid down easily. Four years of growth and muscle advantage would do that to you. This, however, gave Ash'eny time to charge in and tackle Maxten with all of his weight, which turned out to be too little to completely down him. Ash'eny was sent sprawling to the ground as Maxten dropped to his knee, quickly recovered just in time for Tennt to bury his slightly dulled knife into Maxten's right shoulder.

A howl of pain rang through Ash'eny's ears as he stood up again, somehow Maxten managed to push Tennt off of him and start running down the street. He didn't even bother to pull the knife out of his shoulder, which was pretty deep. Tennt may not be as good of a knife fighter as Maxten, but he knew how to stick a target. Ash'eny grabbed Charlin's flailing arm, heaved him up and the two of them resumed their chase, Tennt would be a few seconds behind simply because he had to take the time to recover after stumbling over debris. Maxten was slowing down now, gassed, arm bleeding, a prong of metal sticking out from his shoulder at such a grotesque angle. If Ash'eny wasn't fueled off of flaming anger and a thirst for revenge right now, he might have been disgusted himself.

Again the wiry Charlin sped ahead, now disarmed from his chair leg and armed with a bleeding lip (Ash'eny thought that it probably only pissed off that little monster more) he reached out and grabbed a hand full of black thick hair and pulled back as hard as he could. Maxten was about tired of Charlin, noted by his swift turn around and tackling the kid to the ground. Ash'eny, still running, panting, and trying to catch up, watched in horror as Charlin took two powerful punches to the head with Maxten sitting on top of him. Ash'eny had to act.

Ash'eny, finally reaching the two struggling guys, didn't even stop his running pace as he threw a swift, sloppy, boot-covered kick into Maxten's forehead. Ash'eny clumsily lost his footing then and collapsed on top of Maxten's back, from which he proceeded to claw viciously at his face, the eyes, nose, scratching and grabbing whatever he could manage to get his fingers on. It was enough to get him off of Charlin. Maxten merely rolled backwards and threw his left elbow repeatedly into Ash'eny's ribcage. Ash'eny personally had never been hit by Maxten, but he now realized why everyone hated squaring up with this guy, he was a beast. Ash'eny tried futilely to grab onto the arms and stop them. No avail. Ash'eny had to bail.

Or not.

Ash'eny found himself on his back with the hefty Maxten lying on top of him, Tennt had finally returned to the scene, and with Charlin's chair leg in hand, he proved to be a good deal more handy with causing pain and damaging Maxten than Ash'eny. The Large man rolled, blood seeping from a gash at his cheek, his lip busted open, and a cut from his eyebrow, he was in trouble now.

Ash'eny tried to stand as Maxten limped off a few paces and back himself against the wall, his leg however wouldn't budge, and it was throbbing with incredible pain. Ash'eny could only glance down to see Maxten's knife buried through his thigh, it wasn't so deep that his bone was begging for mercy, but there was enough muscular tear that told him he wouldn't be running for a while. Ash'eny felt hot wet water swelling underneath his eyelids, he was so petching pissed! Ash'eny grabbed the knife, whether it was smart or not, and pulled it from his leg in one angry powerful pull and tossed it as from from Maxten as he could manage. Somebody would surely pick it up and claim it in no time.

"Stop running Maxten. You've got punishment to swallow you dirty vagik." Ash'eny felt his four left hand fingers tighten around the chair leg as he walked over towards Maxten, who had slid into a sitting position. Ash'eny wouldn't enjoy this, but it had to be done. For Kilian, for that little girl, for the hundreds he tormented before, and now for himself. Maxten would come for Ash'eny if he lived. Ash'eny couldn't allow that. Swatting the boy across the mouth with the chair leg brought about a satisfying grunt and moan. Maxten had nothing left to fight with. No energy, no weapon, not even the will to survive now. His life was completely in Ash'eny's hands. "Charlin, Tennt, make sure nobody come around here for a little bit. I'll be back to check on Kilian soon. Actually, make sure he's still there." The boys nodded, satisfied with the circumstances, though Tennt would have preferred to swift placed with Ash'eny, he still had to look after Charlin, who couldn't really walk straight. He would be full of lumps tomorrow.

"Why the petch did you do that to Kilian, Maxten? He was one of us you know. He's in the family."

"Petch off. That shyke attacked me like the dumb bitch he was. Petch, he played you like a damned flute didn't he? And this whole time I thought you were after me for your own selfishness. You're just Kilian's little bitch." Another satisfying crack as the chair leg was swiped across Maxten's face. He groaned, maybe even cried a little at that one hit. Ash'eny felt himself boiling with rage. No, he wouldn't hear more of this bullshit. Ash'eny glanced at his bloodied Chair leg, there was still the spintered end, it was plenty sharp at the tip.

"Petch yourself Maxten." Ash'eny spat at the young man as he drove the sharped splintered edge of the chair leg through Maxten's throat, and with his free hand he smothered the mouth, restricting most of the disgusting sounds that bubbled out. His left hand turned and twisted as he tried to bury the makeshift weapon further and further through the skin, and eventually Maxten died. Ash'eny wasn't sure how long it was, but the guy died.

Ash'eny stumbled backwards a few paces as he glanced at his hands, stained with Maxten's blood, and his own leg was running down his pants, his own blood. His ribs ached, tomorrow surely he'd see massive bruising, maybe a cracked rib or two. Ash'eny felt himself growing queasy as he turned around, it was the girl, the one Maxten was harassing. She had watched them this whole time? Eye eyes were frozen, glossed over as if she had herself died with Maxten. She had never seen the sights of Sunberth like this. It would have been better if she hadn't as well. Ash'eny felt a sob swelling in his throat, and all he could do was run, run back to Kilian, back to his shyked makeshift home, and sit in his own darkened world, waiting for another boy to drive a stake through his own neck.

But when Ash'eny returned...

Kilian was gone.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hatter on August 20th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Awards for You!

Character: Ash'eny
Awarded XP: +1 Leadership, +1 Intimidation, +1 Larceny, +1 Brawling, +1 Wrestling, +1 Torture, +1 Running, +1 Weapon: Club
Awarded Lores: Improvised Weapons 101, Willing Through Pain, Human Anatomy (Minor), Numbers Defeat Might

Observations of a Mad Man: A solid story all around! I liked how brutal the interaction was between the gang and their prey; it really captured the desperation of Sunberth. I'll admit that it was a bit short and I wanted to know more. Such silliness leaving on an open note like that. To explain my grading, there was not a whole lot of detailing entailing any of the skill use, but you portrayed Ash'eny utilizing a wide base of know-how and technique, so I felt it best to reward a wide variety but not exactly a large quantity of anything in particular. If you feel I've shorted you in some way please pm me and we can discuss it! This is my first thread, so I urge you to let me know any problems you have with it!
Hatter
Something Auspicious

Words: 61629
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office