Rude Awakenings And Lost Memories {Open}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: Rude Awakenings And Lost Memories {Open}

Postby Derik KenCade on October 8th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Derik listened to Fia. Isur...he knew that. Isur was supposed to be where the best metalworkers and such resided. Kind of short people with stoic nature but if you wanted to find the best metalworkers look to the Isur. Derik watched how Fia walked and twirled he fingers around Chesters lead. Watching was one thing he was good at he knew that. Watching, waiting, fighting. Fia talking about Denval. Warm and good from what he recalled from his dreams. If they were at all realated to him his early years maybe he was raised up good but and latter things were getting better but in the middle was..bloody. Denval sounded like a good place. "You miss Denval don't you?" Derik asked hearing certain tones in her voice. "Denval is surrounded by the sea I take it?" Derik asked again.

Once Fia asked him about what he remembered Derik paused for a moment. For the first time you notice his posture relax and a kind of softness came over his face as he spoke his voice was almost melodic as he did. "I dream sometimes, not sure if they are memories about myself or an overactive mind. However when I play my flute things come into slightly more focus. I think Riverfall was where I was born no surprise as I am Akalak right. I also think I was a soldier, although which military I was in I'm not sure. Then it gets chaotic, fighting, blood loss of a woman who I think I cared for....the name Shinnan runs through my mind...A Konti woman I believe." Derik then laughed. "Of course this could just be random stuff I really can't say that any of this is for sure me." Derik sighed. "Yeah you picked up some crazy Akalak along the docks today..." He shot a joking smile to Fia. "I don't know if I want some of the things I dream about to be my memories or not." He continued. "I'm afraid if they are true I was kind of...bad." Derik stopped talking about it he didn't want to be this man he dreamed about. His posture kind of stiffened up again like a soldier does. And he cleared his throat. His voice was more sharp like a soldier as he went on. "I believe I liked to play the flute, that seems to be one of the few things I can do well and I think I have a passion for weapons and how they are made and nature maybe." Derik then finished.

"How about you Fia? Do you have any past times you like to do?" Derik asked this throwing the attention off himself as well as he didn't like how remembering made him feel at times.

Derik :ninja:
Here I sit...
Waiting for you...but you do not come?
Here I sit...
Waiting for you...but who are you?

DC
Derik KenCade
Ho chronos parerchetai kai eu titheso auton

Words: 6962
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:55 pm
Race: Ethaefal

Postby Gossamer on October 8th, 2009, 5:42 pm

During the Valterrian, those worthy souls that inhabited both Leth and Syna's realms were drawn into the conflict, sometimes violently, and torn asunder to be dropped back into the world. For some reason, the tears in the fabric between the two worlds that captured and displaced the souls who came to be known as the Ethaefal are still slow in closing so the occasional lost soul still drops through. But one thing is certain, they do not appear with all their possessions and a horse who's name they remember clearly. So Derik was doubly cursed. Not only was he having problems remembering his life among Leth's world, his previous life among the Akalak, but the life he lead since he rose from the sea. And why? Why was there no memory. The obvious answer should be an injury, but he showed no signs of a pounding head. The second answer could be less obvious... subtle treachery, magical interference, or curse.

The pair walking along should slowly start this realization as the day grew longer. For one, Deriks appearance would begin to change, slowly transforming as Leth came closer and closer to rising with the coming of night. Horns would manifest, and he'd loose his appearance of being Akalak. And with the burden of that race as a base, Derik had to deal with yet another feature.... his twin. Within each dark warrior was a darker soul that rode the same body using it interchangeably between them.

The truth was... the whole of the truth was... Derik was in a situation that was probably unique unto itself. He'd lost three truths - a twin, a first identity, and a fall from the heavens. He'd also lost a fourth - his immediate identity. It was quite the tangle for both of them.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Derik KenCade on October 13th, 2009, 10:36 pm

OOC: Sorry this took so long. Ack! :smoke: alright on with the show. If something is messed up as I assume things. I apologize before hand.

IC:
Derik and Fia walked through Syrilas and as they did. One could see Derik's skin go from the midnight color to a grey almost ashy color as the evening started moving on. At first it did not seem as Derik noticed. Also he was moody, the changes to his body seemed a bit painful. So sometimes he would moan quietly in pain and curse under his breath. They stabled Chester without incident. Then as dusk was approaching Derik moaned lightly and staggered into an alley away from people as Fia went to check on him. She could see he was on one knee clutching his chest and hunched over kind of cussing at himself in Akalak under his breath. "I said be still!" finally was the only word any non Akalak could understand. Derik noticed his skin color was now almost alabaster in color as he stood up. Derik cleared his throat and assured Fia he was alright. referring to the pain that comes and goes as dealing with his "twin" which in reality was his dark side. Derik acted slightly surprised as his skin changed, also unknown to Derik his eyes had turned to a silver color. Derik then was calmer as they went to the inn and got something to eat. Derik also purchased a room for himself and Fia if she wanted one. Then they went to eat. Derik ordered a big tankard of ale he ate and drank like a fighter. As the night came Derik no longer looked Akalak. In fact his skin went to alabaster and his hair had went to a brown color instead of black. His eyes were silver and yellow horns protruded from his head. He paused for a moment before the change completed. Then once it was done he blinked and looked at Fia like he did not know who she was. He now was ethaefel. Lupus blinked, he noticed the woman sitting at his table. She looked kind of surprised but Lupus smiled gently at her. "I apologize if I frightened you M'lady." Lupus looked around for a moment assessing where he was. Lupus had been used to "Waking up" in different areas his other self moved to. "I am afraid you have met my "alter ego"" Lupus explained. "Allow me to introduce myself I am Lupus, disciple of Leth, Please to make you aquaintance." Lupus said and offered his hand in a hand shake. When Fia took his hand she noticed he had a gently hand shake and he brought he hand up to his lips like a noble person would as he finished his sentence. Then he gently let go. "Where are we by the by if I may be so rude interrupt momentalirly?" Lupus finished. As he waited for Fia to reply he sipped the ale. Lupus really didn't care for ale but since there was nothing else he decided he could slowly sip on it. He was obviously in an Inn. Where was his horse he had aquired a couple of days ago? Lupus decided to be patient sooner or later all things would be revealed.

Here I sit...
Here I sit...

DC
Derik KenCade

Postby Fia Eaven on October 19th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Fia wasn't much of a scholar and failed when it came to cunning. She understood a thing she could see or hold in her hands, simple rustic knowledge. However, any could discern that there was something fundamentally askew with her new companion. It made her nervous, but she held her breath and put on smiles that were mildly convincing. Any style of deception was not her strong suit.

There was a new tenseness to the way Derik walked and spoke to himslef, like the balling of a fists. Good sense said to step lightly. Fia had the sudden pressure to not make any sudden gestures as she followed Derik into the alley. He was fuming and crouched.

Stay or Go? Stay or Go?, Fia's thoughts were a terse argument. She tentatively touched Derik's shoulder with her fingertips.
"What's got a hold in you, Derik?"

His answer was almost as puzzling as the problem. He was well enough, but some dueling force was batting him around. His stark paleness and shifting eyes, made her stand very still. She was gauging the situation as delicately as possible. It was a trait she didn't like about herself. Instead of blitzing into action or reaction, she thought too long or just held still. It took her a year to make up her mind to leave Denval. But the same frustrating trait made her dependable and, occasionally, wise.

The subtle coloring of the hours had come to their final fruition, leaving her and Derik equally confused. She asked questions in fragments that petered out, and Derik only had muddled answers.

Their walk back to the Inn was quiet. Fia couldn't shake the Akalak now if she wanted to. With a motherly sort of stubbornness, she reasoned they were going to eat something and get rest. It would help make sense of things.

She ate her food slowly, watching the paling Derik over her fork. She looked down at her stew stirring it, pensively. When she lifted her head, she practically choked and had to press a cloth over her mouth.

"Lhex ha' mercy!"

Now for something completely different! A whole new creature was sitting in the chair across from her. It smiled calmly while she tried to not spit up potato. It was beautiful, culling the insubstantial and luminous features of a night sky into a single form.

"Frightened me? No, I'm well enough."
A poor lie, she had been one inch from dribbling stew on herself.

It was a unique experience having her hand kissed with gentility. It had been over a year since someone handled her with such delicacy.

"I'm a- , I'm Fia. And you are at an Inn in Syliras," she swallowed, "Eating dinner with me."
Still a trace stunned, she added stupidly, "You were blue earlier."
Her hands went to her lap as she began to push her wooden thoughts around.
"Both literally and figuratively I think."
Fia Eaven
May She Live Like Some Green Laurel

Words: 74775
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2009, 5:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Derik KenCade on October 19th, 2009, 8:42 pm

Lupus sighed as Fia said he was blue figurative and literally. "I'm afraid you met my alter ego, if it caused you any dismay, I apoligize. One of life's little tragedies I'm afraid." He was ginuine when he said that. He looked Fia right in her eyes for a moment realizing she was uncomfortable. "You got beautiful eyes. Like beautiful flowers in a meadow." Lupus said tring to calm her a bit. "Did it have a horse when you found it? I mean my alter ego when I say it of course?" Lupus asked. "I came upon the shore and was looked after by some wandering travelers, they gave me a horse and some supplies, I was not well you see, so weak, thank Leth I am much better now." Lupus continued. "But enough about me what about you M'lady? Where do you hail from? " Lupus asked. Other introductory questions followed in a polite manner. "What is you're profession?" He would ask. "Are you betrothed or married?" and did she have any kids. Lupus and Derik were both curious but Lupus was very polite. This manner of speaking seemed to be his ordinary talk, as he was completely relaxed about it. Lupus held himself like a gentleman but not haughty or looking down on anyone. In fact at one time he asked the barmaid if he could have some water and asked her to remove the ale saying. "A woman's company is like a sweet wine, I have no need for such drinks." He finished with a charming smile to the barmaid which meant nothing he was just passing fancy as gentlemen do. Lupus ate in the same manner. He wiped his mouth in between talking and did not talk with his mouth full. After thinking a little bit Lupus looked at Fia again. "Forgive my interruption but did you say that it was with you here? Where by chance did you find it?" Lupus asked as he wanted to know how far he had traveled. Considering he was in Syrilas he guessed it couldn't have been too far. He had hoped his alter ego did not kidnap Fia, he didn't think so but one could never tell. Maybe it was cursed and did bad things? Lupus decided to not think of such things anymore. ~The righteous path will lead to truth~ He thought to himself. He also enjoyed talking to Fia it felt like it had been an eternity since he had talked to a woman.

Here I sit...
Here I sit...

DC
Derik KenCade

Postby Derik KenCade on November 6th, 2009, 7:05 pm

OOC: I'm just going to move along. Anyone can jump in at any time. Eventually I'll work my way (Hopefully) into someone elses thread.

IC:
Lupus went around the tavern for a lot of the night. He watched some people playing games in there and noticed the one that was running the game so to say. The one that was sly enough to "rope" the others in and win money. Lupus liked the music playing in the tavern as well. ~Well here I am now where should I go?~ Lupus thought. He was here in this tavern but where was the ideal objective to go. Or was there even an objective, sometimes life was just a bunch of random wandering until one found out where one was mean to to go. Lupus decided he would pray on it for the night and maybe by morning his other self would know where to go (If he didn't already). Lupus went up to his room, cleaned up and sat in more or less the middle of his room almost naked, he wore only his light cloak that was almost see through as he prayed to Leth for guidance to help him illuminate the mysteries of his other self and the missing memories between the two.

Tags Gossamer and anyone else who happens upon this location.
Here I sit...
Here I sit...

DC
Derik KenCade

Previous