Closed What the Night Yields[Halin'a, Cynnya]

A nighttime encounter between a Kelvic and an Ethaefal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Halin'a on December 3rd, 2013, 1:36 am

"Lhex is the god of fate," Halin'a answered. The Kelvic's whispered confession pulled a sympathetic noise from his throat.

"I can understand that," he murmured, reaching over to lightly touch her shoulder with only his fingertips, wary of startling her with the gesture of comfort. He dropped his hand after a moment, and with it, the topic.

He nodded at her request. "Of course," he smiled. "I am no expert, but I can certainly tell you what it's like to be an Ethaefal, with a foot in two realms."
Avatar by me; based off of this picture
Halin'a
Player

Words: 65334
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

What the Night Yields[Halin'a, Cynnya]

Postby Cynnya on December 4th, 2013, 12:43 am

Cynnya nodded almost imperceptibly, although she still wasn't entirely certain why people put so much belief into their gods. She, for one, had never seen a god, at least she didn't think so. The god of fate? She didn't believe in fate either, things happened as they happened and events were completely random. Yet here was someone talking about a god as if he were an old friend.

She did not flinch from his touch, but neither did she encourage it. She sat still, looking up at the the stars and looked over at him as he replied. She flashed a rare smile at him as he agreed to teach her what he knows about his race.

Suddenly, her face scrunched up and she took a few quick breaths. "Ah..AH-CHOOOO!" she sneezed, her nose and mouth spraying liquid over the cloak he had loaned her. In the aftermath, she looked sheepishly over at him. "Sorry about that," she sniffled, trying to wipe the cloak clean. "I think now is not the time for a history lesson, I seem to have caught a cold from turning human without any clothes. Would you be able to meet somewhere a few nights from now?"

After a brief moment of thought, she stood and attempted to hand the cloak back to him. "I should go and get some tea...by the way, I'm Cynnya."

OOC :
I hadn't thought out her being naked while human quite thoroughly, end this thread and continue another one?

{ made by ally of thesintax and rpgd, please leave this credit intact }

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Halin'a on December 4th, 2013, 1:39 am

(On phone; yes, that sounds like a plan. :) )

Halin'a laughed, holding out a hand to stall the Kelvic's attempt to return his cloak. "Bring it with you next time," he chuckled. "Perhaps tomorrow night?"

The Ethaefal smiled at Cynnya's introduction. "And I am Halin'a. It is a pleasure to meet you, Cynna." He frowned, thinking over how she had pronounced her name. "Cynnya," he tried again, smiling as he got it much closer than before. "
Avatar by me; based off of this picture
Halin'a
Player

Words: 65334
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Cynnya on December 7th, 2013, 1:27 am

Cynnya looked at the cloak ruefully, confused as to how he thought she could carry it home as an ocelot. "Sure, I'll wash it," she said, folding it up as small as she could. She sneezed into her elbow this time, not wanting to get the already dirty cloak dirtier.

"Tomorrow night works. I will meet you at the Seafaring Harlet," she said, matter-of-factly, mentioning the inn that was just down the street. It had pretty good kelp beer and a quiet atmosphere conducive to learned conversation. She flashed him a rare smile as he got her name right and then with a shiver, shifted back into her ocelot form. The fur was much better than nothing in the wintry air and she gave herself a shake before she picked the folded cloak up in her mouth. With a quick blink of her golden eyes, she turned and loped across the rooftops until she disappeared into the darkness, heading back to the university to get some rest now that she had caught a cold.

OOC :
Could you create the next thread since I ended this one? Thanks!

{ made by ally of thesintax and rpgd, please leave this credit intact }

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eclipse on February 1st, 2014, 1:47 am

Last edited by Eclipse on February 23rd, 2014, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eclipse
Darkness in broad daylight

Words: 5160
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 6:32 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Eclipse on February 23rd, 2014, 7:23 am

Halin'a
Skills :

XP:
Climbing +1
Observation +2
Socilization +5

Lores :
Lores
Missing Leth
Cynnya: Kelvic ocelot
Intterupting a Hunt
Kelvic: Show Traits of Both Forms
Cynnya: Bonding and Staying Independent
Lending a Cloak to Cynnya

Notes :
Good thread! I'm always excited to read threads about Ethaefal. There weren't many skills to be handed out, but you guys got a lot of lores! Just a side note, try and get your word count up, really try to squeeze out the details of the situation and what your PC is feeling!

~~~

Cynnya
Skills :

XP:
Climbing +1
Observation +2
Socilization +5

Lores :
Lores
Hunting on the Zeltiva Rooftops
Leth is the Moon
Halin'a: Son of Leth
Halin'a: Ethaefal
Ethaefal: Changing forms
Halin'a: Sharing Similarities
Knowledge is Freedom
Remaining Independent
Lhex: God of Fate
There Are Still Kind People
Borrowing Halin'a's Cloak

Notes :
Great thread! I'm always interested to see how everyone will play there Kelvics. Looking forward to seeing more threads between the two of you! Try and work a on getting your word count up a bit. Just really try to get every juicy detail of your characters thoughts! Otherwise an excellent thread :)

If you have any questions about the grade, please don't hesitate to PM me!
Eclipse
Darkness in broad daylight

Words: 5160
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 6:32 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous