On Charbosi + The Charodae

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 10th, 2014, 5:11 pm

I created a Charoda character in the hopes of RPing the rebuilding of the city of Charbosi post-Valterrian, but when browsing the forums I noticed that only the original city is available to play (via flashback), and that its activity is pretty slow compared to other regions. So I guess I have a few separate questions about that:

- Assuming that I could drum up enough interest with other PCs and had on (or two or three or seven) Storytellers to moderate, would we be able to succesfully rebuild Charbosi at any time, or is this something that the Storytellers have already set a designated time for in the future?

-Since there's no registry (that I can find) in the Charbosi forum, would I be able to simply jump in at any time with flashback threads?

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read and answer my questions! Very sorry if they're obviously answered in the Lore somewhere and I've managed to overlook them.
Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Words: 15402
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2014, 6:55 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 10th, 2014, 7:57 pm

The Charoda city is not 'destroyed'. It's alive and well. However, we've never found a full time Storyteller that is willing to take on its development as a city. The current one that's only open for flashbacks is a skeletal city that has never been built up or fleshed out. But in theory, the Charoda are alive, thriving, and healthy all down there. It's just below the waves city that only aquatic races can get too.

Traverse, the Falyndar RS, is sorta back burnering it as a project, but she has a lot on her plate taking care of her region. So you are being hugely optimistic thinking you can get one to seven ST's on board (folks that probably have no jurisdiction and no city has even been well built that was built by a committee) that have the development skills to put the city together for the first time.

:)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 10th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Ah, my bad in thinking that the city was destroyed! I had only just read the Charoda Lore article when typing that, and somehow forgot that the Valterrian happened, well, quite a few centuries ago. (and also apologies for the 1-7 comment-- I was being sarcastic, I promise! My bad for not making that a lot more clear)

Thank you so much for your quick response! So, just to be clear, Charbosi is technically very much up and thriving and Charodae live there happily, but because there isn't really any city development at the moment, it's only available for flashbacks and it would probably be much smarter to have a Charoda living presently in a different city, right? Hopefully I haven't completely misinterpreted what you said!
Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 10th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Yes. The city is totally undeveloped. That's why its only open for Flashbacks.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 10th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Wonderful! Thank you so much again for being so quick to help me out! ;u;
Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player