An Unexpected Haunting {Gui}

A dramatic young woman and a melancholy young ghost have a moment...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Bonnibell Carson on February 12th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Date: 42nd if Winter, 513AV
Time: Later Afternoon/Early Evening

The docks were nippy. Ravok was not a city to be cold but the water chilled the air comfortably. Ships lined the docks. They looked dazzling in the late light. The water looked abhorrent. It would always look so to the young woman before it. On the surface ripples waved. Beneath them were fish that she could not, in reality, see. A toe slipped out of its slipper to swirl at the water. It grasped at her unsuccessfully, climbing up her foot, it soaked the legs of Bonnies skirt, then it receded and joined its family. She jerked her foot back onto the dock. In the evening air it chilled straight away. It sent a ripple effect of horripilation across her legs. Then up her spin, down her shoulders, up her neck and across her cheeks.

Bonnie tightened her scarf. It did nothing to help the rest of her bare flesh. Clothed only white blouse and red skirt, she was sorely underdressed such ventures. Her skirt was further weighted down by the addition of her belt with her mace tucked neatly against her hip. It bared her stomach to the air. Her skirt dripped icy water on her toes. She stood straight for a chime. Only a chime. The pretense could last not longer and fled posthaste when she wrapped her arms around herself.

A noise to her right startled her but the young woman seen nothing. There was nothing to see but she did not know that. So she made a small circle to ensure no one still out paid her any mind. They wouldn’t, they had their own work as she obviously had her own business. Some sneeringly mistook her for a tourist. Bonnie gazed unknowingly into the water. “Oh papa…you were lucky to be drunk.”

Though no one would hear, and those that could would not care, Bonnie spoke, “Momma’s still sick. You were supposed to take care of everything, of all of us. Instead, you went on got drunk. You…if you weren’t already dead I’d drown you myself.” Her nails cut into her arms. They would leave angry, sore marks that she’d regret later.

“I can’t do it, papa. I can’t help her. She doesn’t even remember me! But she had the gall to—she called me a harlot! Again! What’s wrong with all of you? Well, fine. If you all get to be crazy, and selfish, then I do too.”

Bonnie made to throw herself off the dock. She hesitated. “I can’t even do it for myself, how the petch am I supposed to do it for you.” Bonnie coughed. The girl would not attempt to throw herself in again for quiet a few chimes; lost in her own reflection.
Bonnibell Carson
Player

Words: 16437
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2014, 11:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gui mea on February 12th, 2014, 10:49 pm

OOCI'm sorry for the relatively short post.I wasn't sure how to reply, and I'm suffering from a writers block.
Gui mea was under the docks, right now.She wanted to spend some time alone, to reflect on her own goals.What did she truly wanted to do?Did she wish to be better, for her parents or for herself?She thought to herself, as she continued staring at the sky, hidden from the view.It was a perfect place to hide, no one would find her, not anytime soon at least.She was carrying the golden pendant on her neck.

The sight of the sky...the sight of the endless ocean in the horizon...these sights were always breathtaking, it always made her reflect, on her life and unlife.Indeed, that is what she did.She did it until a nearby voice interrupted her train of thought.A death threat, towards an already dead man.Such thing got Gui mea's attention, as she floated out of her hideout, walking towards the woman who said such threats.The woman sounded desperate,looking like she just fell into the water.

that truly...made Gui mea mad.The girl was wasting her own life, does she not know how life is precious?The ghost thought to herself, as she floated towards the woman,looking pretty annoyed.

"Don't you know how life is precious!?Don't waste your life, try to live it to its fullest!" Gui mea said with no hesitation, being quick to judge.She did not know the woman's circumstances, nor she did care about it.After all, there is no fate worse than death, or so Gui mea thought.

"Life is precious!People don't realize it until they lose it, like I did!Stop being an idiot!"
The ghost continued, looking pretty angry.After all, she did lose her life, when she wanted to continue in this world.She wanted to make her parents proud, but now she wanted something else as well.To make sure that no one suffered a fate similar to hers, to teach the others the value of life.That was Gui mea's new objective.
Gui mea
Player

Words: 10175
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2014, 2:18 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Bonnibell Carson on February 14th, 2014, 3:34 am

Bonnie startled by the voice. But making such a statement is like saying the grass is green. It’s obvious. What was not obvious was why she had started so. There were two reasons. The first being the voice itself. To her immediate right and left the young woman seen nothing. The voice seemed to resonate everywhere. Second was the concern. The people of Ravok commonly were private people, they did not interfere with one another unless they were family, friends or enemies. Bonnie recognized the voice as none of those things. She did not turn to see the speaker of the voice yet. She leaned over the water, trying to see behind her without giving away her suspicion. “I don’t think it’s any of your business what I do. Tell me, oh all-knowing one, why is it so precious? Have you even lived long enough to say that?”

Now her frenzy of emotions had an outlet. Bonnie would try to hold her tongue. It didn’t do to spill person business to the whole city. But she would not succeed. In reality she would turn, having been unable to see anything in the water. Her knee would protest the sudden movement. It would give. She would catch herself against a dock post, still not sure if she wanted to fling herself into the water. Then she would spew venom out for any and all to hear. "And who is being an idiot? I’m not the one shouting for the whole of Ravok to hear!” Actually, she was. "And how would you know anything about being dead?! I don’t think I’m the idiot here!” Turn complete, Bonnie’s arms prickled. She shivered, any other words died on her throat. There was a girl but there wasn’t a girl. Bonnie could not make out the face. Her eyes burned with the blue dress that seemed suspended in air on its own. It faded in and out around the edges of her eyes. I’m seeing things. She thought with an edge of panic. Bonnie forced her gaze back to the water. This time it reflected a dancing blue dress. It still haunted the edges of her peripheral vision.

Ghost. Her mind supplied unhelpfully. Bonnie shook the thought away. She was far too old to believe in that. There was no such thing. It had to be the cold that was muddling her senses. Bonnie was wrong but she did not know it. Or she refused to acknowledge it. Her knee pulsed. She sighed. “I’m going to be talking to myself next, papa.”

OOCNo problemo. Writers block can be a right pain. Maybe try writing something else? That’s what I do when I have it. Eventually the mojo comes back. Write what you can and don’t worry about length. Quality or quantity! :-D
Bonnibell Carson
Player

Words: 16437
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2014, 11:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gui mea on February 14th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Gui mea let out a sigh in annoyance at the girl's replies.She did not expect such ignorance, and such rudeness from others.She was just attempting to help, nothing more and nothing less.Was she wrong about caring the live of the others?Her parents always taught her to respect and love those that are close to you.For what purpose, she did not know yet.Everyone seemed cold to her, even more than when she was alive.why am I even helping her?There is no point.She'll just be scared like everyone else Gui mea thought to herself, as she ignored the other words of the girl, staring intently at her.

It was a surprise to see how the girl reacted when she finally saw Gui's ethereal body.It was not something pleasant to be seen as a part of the imagination of someone, but at the same time, it was relieving that the girl would finally listen to her words?Or maybe she would be shrugged off, just as part of the imagination?She hoped it was the former, but it hurt her to believe that the latter was much more probable.She always heard of ghosts, and she did not know that they existed until she turned into one herself.Maybe she was ignorant towards other ghosts at some point of her life?She shook her head a bit, to both the woman's comments, and to her own thoughts.

She looked around to suddenly realize that there were people staring at her for a few seconds.She became nervous, scared of them hurting her but...most just continued their own business.Maybe they were staring at the woman who was shouting, and not at her?It didn't matter, she was already spotted.All she could do was regain her composure, to not snap like this.After all, if she looked unstable, people would quickly deal with her, somehow.

"I know how it is to be dead, because I am currently dead...yes, I am a ghost.You may not believe on what your eyes see but...I am indeed a ghost.One that lives through regret, and stays in this world to do things I did not do during my life.Things that I now wish I could've done...don't you have any objectives?Any goals you wish to do before moving on?Life is the time to do such things, I only am like this because I had no choice between dying and living...but unlike me, you have such choose.Life has hardships, life is unfair, yes I am aware of everything...but life is important as well."

The ghost said, with anger clear in her voice.A voice that now showed no care about what the woman did, one that just wished to speak her own mind, and leave the childish girl alone, for her to do as she wished.At first she thought she could fix it with mere words, letting emotions control over her...but she always did such things, and never it succeeded.She should be calm...calm, and speak her mind.Explain her thoughts, instead of forcing them into others...maybe that is the best way to convince someone.
Gui mea
Player

Words: 10175
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2014, 2:18 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet