Closed Birthday Celebrations (Turrin)

Turrin decides to try and turn Drusilla's Birthday into a happy day

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Birthday Celebrations (Turrin)

Postby Drusilla on February 18th, 2014, 4:52 am

Drusilla watched the dangled leaf that danced just above her head before giving a smile, "A person only needs to meet you once. You're pretty hard to forget, Versda. I would of assumed you picked up some of it over the course of our friendship." She rolled onto her back again, "Let's see a quick lesson. Mabda, good mother. Maba means mother and da means good. So combined, Mabda. That's your lesson for today. But, why would I make fun of you?" She took the leaf from Turrin's fingers.

"Fall does not smell like dead moldy leaves! The leaves smell like earth with a slight saltiness. It smells like the surface, or what I first smelled when I came up from Kalinor. It's a beautiful season but at the same time it's melancholy. I haven't seen my family in eleven years. They think I'm dead. It's better that way. I plan to see my father someday and explain everything to him." Drusilla gave Turrin a confused look. If you want to go there, I'd have to carry you across the silk roads. N-not that I'd mind but you REALLY want to go there? If you do we should go during a festival, one of the less offensive ones no doubt. As I don't think you'd want to see stolen women judged for how exotic they look, I know I don't." She stopped and thought,"We should go during the summer for Chemah vo Ranek or The Morning of the Moths! I went last summer.

" Chemah vo Ranek is the four day celebration of the latest harvest of the Ranekissra's, Soft Moth's, cocoons. The celebration begins with a contest between weavers, seeing who can create the most beautiful silk tapestry. The winners receive a prize and their tapestry is hung in Kalinor's massive gathering hall. Also, a "Moth Queen" is chosen to be the officiant of the celebrations. She is a well-liked, unmarried girl who will then don the silken costume of the Moth Queen. She will then appoint her "moths" to help with her duties. These are usually her female friends, though young men have been 'moths' too.The Moth Queen is a coveted but tiresome role. She is tasked to not only raise spirits during celebrations, but to visit as many families as possible during the four days. In these visits, she usually brings a small gift for the children. Often "moths" bearing small gifts are sent where she cannot go.

Early the next morning the harvest begins. A few trained Symenestra visit the Rose Caverns under the guidance of the primary Moth Keepers and begin to collect the cocoons. In Kalinor proper, webs conduct a "hunt" for the children where cocoon shaped parcels are hidden with treats inside.

The third day is given over to showcasing Kalinor culture in the gathering hall. Histories are performed, music is played and the weaving school, The Weft and Warp, have lessons and displays. I'm sure we could see an aerial show that day with so many other things to try as well! The last day of celebrating is more family centered, but we could go to the blue grotto. We just will need to bring a lightsorce for you. T-that is if you really wanted to go. Plus it might give me the courage to confront my father having my brother with me..." She gave Turrin a hug,"I was just saying in Symenos earlier how much you mean to me, that's all. Now, can you fetch me my bag and I'll get the leaves out of my hair."
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Turrin on February 23rd, 2014, 4:38 am

Turrin listened to Drusilla's lesson on Symenos, and he tried to mouth the words of Mebada. Drusila explained that Meba meant mother and da meant good, so the term Mebada meant good mother. Turrin tried to remember it, and said outloud in Symenos, “So my mother would be a Mebapa... ok I think I got it.” Symenos was a beautiful language, and he enjoyed listening to Drusilla speak it to him. The language made her sound mysterious and charming at the same time. When she asked her question, Turrin laughed quietly, plucked another leave from the ground, placed it in her hair. Turrin said with a smile, “Teasing is what friends do, Dru if you are serious all the time. You turn into me.” The myrian knew that he sometimes came off serious man with little patient for bird shyke. Most Inarta find him hard to approach personally with his serious demeanor, but he knew Drusilla before he became a Endal, so she knew the young man growing up outsider in the city.

When he was younger, Turrin was a troublemaker especially to male authority. The myrian couldn't understand why any female could follow the orders from a male when he first got to the city, but he quickly had to learn his place growing up as a Avora. When he mentioned Kalinor, Drusilla lite up with the possibility of taking him to one of their festivals. When she told him the name of the festival that she wanted to take him too, Chemah vo Ranek. A festival celebrating something called the Ranekissra or soft moths. The celebration honored the best weavers in Kalinor. Turrin eyes brighten at the thought of seeing the work of art in person. The myrian gave her a smirked when she mentioned the a tradition during the festival of crowning a Moth Queen to a lucky unmarried young woman. When she paused talking about the festival, Turrin quickly piped in and asked, “Were you ever crowned Moth Queen, do they give the winner wings?” It was a stupid question, but he wanted to keep the conversation lighthearted while she talked about her other home

When Drusilla gave him a hug, he wrapped his arms around her and said with a warm smile, “Thank you for caring about me, Drusilla. I am not sure what I would do if I ever lost you.” When she told him to fetch her bag, Turrin pulled away from her, wrinkled his nose, and said with a chuckle, “Even if I am a Endal, I can't say no to you. You are lucky that you are my best friend. Otherwise, I might have to resume my Endal role.” Standing up, he walked over to Aponivi and started to rummage around for her bag. When Turrin found her bag, he walked over to her. Hiding the bag behind his back, the myrian said to Drusilla with a grin on his face, “I found your bag, but...I think I am going to keep it.”
Last edited by Turrin on March 18th, 2014, 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on February 23rd, 2014, 6:03 am

"Yes Mabda literally "good mother" is used as a respectful term for an older or married woman." She smiled,"I agree with you, your mother truly was Mabda. Next up, Dovna a respectful term for a male, usually for a superior. Implies a position of command. I often use it when referring to Aponivi, have you ever noticed? Sibea an admiring term for a woman. Implies beauty and manners. Next Enda a common term for young, unmarried women. Thus, Dru-Enda would be a term used to describe me or say a male Symenestra found me attractive and wanted to pay me a compliment they could say Dru-Sibea.You should know this one,Versda. It combines Versa and Da."

Drusilla blushed, "Well, I left when I was just a kid. But I always dreamed about being the moth queen a lot as a little bitta. Wearing that beautiful costume in front of all of Kalinor. But it was just a young girl's dream." She sighed."But no we don't get wings."

"If you only knew how much I care for you. But would you understand? No,I think not." She watched Turrin who was apparently holding her bag hostage now. "Eh? I just wanted my Mother's comb and maybe a few candies. I was going to share you know... Now I'm not so sure. "Versa Azo! Versa, zlynge! Zlynge!"She gave a mischievous giggle. Drusilla gracefully got to her feet and almost effortlessly lunged at Turrin. She was fast, but if she got hit by anything her bones would take a beating. So taking a lunge at Turrin was risky. Drusilla darted here and there in short bursts. She'd get her bag.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on February 26th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Turrin knew the comb was important to the Symenestra woman, so he knew that he would have to be careful with her priceless heirloom. The Endal took a step back, clutching the bag to his chest, and said with a smirk, “My hair is pretty gnarly, so the comb will do nicely. Oh you have candies!” Turrin started playfully fidgeting with the string on her bag, When Drusilla threatened not to share with him, Turrin gave her a pout and said sadly, “But... I...like candy that is not nice, Dru...” Spending any amount of time with the Myrian, anyone would noticed the large man had a weakness for sweets. He enjoyed candies; however, he really loved cakes and cookies when they were available.. Suddenly, Drusilla started to talk in Symenos, and Turrin wondered if the kindhearted Symenestra was swearing at him. The words that she used were Versa Azo, Versa, and zlgnge. Even though the language sounded flowery and elegant, the words sounded odd to the Endal, so they must be cuss words. Turrin waved the bag at her trying to taunt the white haired women into coming after him.

Turrin had to admit the agility of the long legged woman was remarkable as she ducked back and forth trying to get around him to get her bag. The Myrian walked backwards away from her, so he could still keep the distance. When Drusilla ran at him, he moved to cut her off. Gently dropping the bag on the ground, Turrin opened his arms and caught her when she lunged at him. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he lifted up the light woman into the air, looked into her purple eyes, and said with a laugh, “I never knew it was that easy to catch a Symenestra woman. You just have to threaten to eat her candies.” Turrin was amazed on light the white haired woman actually was. Turrin looked up at his friend and said with a smirk, “What should I do with you now?” The Myrian had no intention of keeping Drusilla up in the air indefinitely, but he was in a playful mood, so he will let her down when she asked him too.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on February 28th, 2014, 1:51 am

Drusilla looked at Turrin who was holding her off the ground. This sudden and unexpected closeness made her blush for some reason she couldn't quite explain. She tried to avoid making eye contact but the damage was done and her face was red. Turrin still to this day had this power over her. She wasn't sure if he noticed his ability over her. She didn't think so. It didn't matter anyway, he had that glassblower girl. Drusilla was going to have to learn to just enjoy life as his sister and not his lover. She wanted him to be happy, because if Turrin was happy she was happy.

"Well, you could put me down and I'd share some of my honey drops and fix both of our hair problems. Unless you enjoy keeping me suspended up here. I'm mean, I know I don't weigh much. But your arms are still going to get tired. That, and holding me up here doesn't get you any candy. So....?" She gave him a look questioning his next move.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on March 16th, 2014, 5:34 pm

As Turrin held Drusilla in the air, the myrian noticed the soft blush enveloping her cheeks. He didn't want to embarrass her, so he put the woman back on the ground and said with a smirk, “You are pretty light, dru-enda. I am pretty strong, so I think that I might be able to carry you around for some time.” Turrin wasn't quite sure if he used the symenestra term correctly, but he was still messing with Symenestra, so he decided to a set of five weight-lifting reps lifting her up and down. The myrian started his reps, and he could feel the muscles in his arms start to burn as he was on the third rep. The warrior was feeling embarrassed that he feeling winded after his boasting, but he finished his set and set the woman on the ground. Looking at Drusilla, he said with a small laugh, “I might have to listen to you more, Dru. My arms are starting to hurt.”

The endal walked over to bag on the ground, picked it up, and handed to the Dru. Deciding to sit back down on the browning grass, Turrin looked off into the colorful scenery. The myrian mind still mulling over the Drusilla's words about her feelings for him. Glancing over at her, he wondered what kind of relationship would they have if they crossed over the line between friendship and lover. Also Turrin was curious about the concept of marriage because Myrians and Inarta didn't really type of bond in their culture. Yes, some Inarta live together if they have a deep bond with each other. However, he had seen many Inarta have multiple lovers too. Knowing Drusilla was a foreigner, Turrin was hesitant to ask, but he didn't decided to ask quickly to get it over with, “Since you lived in Wind Reach, you must have a noticed that many of my people have taken multiple lovers. What do you think of Inarta's stance on relationships?”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on March 17th, 2014, 12:02 am

Once she was put back on the ground, she gave Turrin a look of I told you so. With bag now in hand she made herself comfortable in the leaves. She rummaged through her bag producing a pouch of honey drops, handing Turrin half of her candy stash before eating a honey drop herself. It was one of the few things she could stomach, they made her feel normal in a way.

Next she pulled out her cherished possession, a hair comb. It was made from a dark wood with some small green and some purple stones. What the stones really were be it precious gems or colored glass was still unknown to Drusilla. In fact she didn't even really care what they were. She took to fixing her hair carefully. Drusilla didn't notice Turrin's glance, in fact she was so absorbed with her hair and singing quietly in Symenos to herself. "Nn? What do I think? Hmm.. Can I think on it for a moment? It's not something I've really thought about truthfully. Well, I mean in passing I have but I've never really thought about it."

Drusilla stopped to thing about the question. She had just accepted it with the Inarta, she had never had a lover so it hadn't been something she needed to think about. She finished her tedious hair combing and decided to move over to Turrin's beautiful burgundy hair. "I guess...I feel that if you truly love someone...You shouldn't need anybody else and even though some Inarta do take only only lover, a wedding is sort of a declaration telling the world 'hey I love this person and will love them til I die so come celebrate the fact we're soul mates' it's showing the very gods themselves that you are committed to this one person until I die. It's a celebration of two people's love."
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on August 7th, 2014, 4:09 am

Feeling Drusilla's comb in his hair, Turrin just relaxed and stared out over the Unforgiving. The myrian listened to Drusilla explain her appeal for marriage. It was a foreign concept to him, but he understood the act of getting married was a pledge to love a person for the rest of their natural lives. It was a declaration to everyone else in society that both lovers are spoken for. It was sweet idea, but would it really work in Inarta society? As he watched a flock of geese fly south, the myrian said with a nod, “Maybe I spent to much time as a Inarta and myrian, so the concept of marriage seems restricting, but it is a definitely a good way to keep your mate faithful. I am not sure the Inarta would adopt the concept of marriage though.” Turrin continued with a chuckle, "Especially in the endal circles! Sometimes it is hard to keep track of who is sleeping with who in the aeries.” Turrin noticed that endal tended to take on relationships with other endal because it was difficult to grow a bond of love with a lower castes because of the difference in social standing, one mate would always be dominate over the other mate. Turrin always thought it would be unfair to the lower caste lover in those situations.

As Drusilla continued to brush his hair, Turrin couldn't help himself from feeling butterflies in the pit of his stomach every time the comb went down through his thick hair. The endal was starting to feel guilty that she was doing him a service on her birthday. He started to wonder if he should do something for her. Turrin said with a soft smile, “You know, Dru. I should be pampering you on your birthday not the other way around...” The myrian started to wonder if they should make their way to Thunder Bay since it will take them a bell or two to get there, but the selfish part of him wanted to just spend this time with her alone. Without the pressures of the city interfering with his day to day life, he could just waste the day away with Dru. Turrin said gently, “...Drusilla, I want to let you know that you are dear to me. I think I would be lost on this world if you weren't in my life.” He wasn't the best at sharing his feelings with other people, but he wanted Drusilla to know that she was special to him. In truth, the myrian was scared to death to get close to anyone because of the pain, he felt when his family died. It was part of the reason that he focused on work more than his personal life. When she was finished combing his hair, Turrin asked with a smile on his face, “How long do you want to stay and look at the scenery Drusilla, or would you like to continue to Thunder Bay?”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on August 7th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Drusilla paused brushing Turrin's hair for a moment, "Now who's sleeping with who?!" She asked with a gasp. It wasn't good to gossip she knew, but who could resist a bit here and there especially when the topic was something like this? It was too juicy of information not to know and she would be the first of her caste to know.... Unless it WAS someone of her caste...

She laughed at Turrin's thoughts on her hair brushing, "Were we not just pretty much rolling around in the leaves? You're covered in them too. It would make for great humor, you walking around leaves sticking out of your hair! I simply was sparring your eagle the dirty looks from his peers because of his master rolling in the leaves." Her remark about Turrin's mount had been said in a joking tone, although she could just imagine Aponivi getting words from the other eagles.

Drusilla returned to brushing Turrin's hair hoping keeping busy would dispel the redness creeping onto her face. "I'm sure you are the only creature on this planet who feels that way..." Managing an amused smile, she laughed, "Well you ARE in charge of this little venture, plus if we stay here we'll waste our appetites on candy anyway.." She couldn't help but wonder if climbing aboard Aponivi would be any easier the second time around. Probably not she guessed as it was her dress getting in the way.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on August 13th, 2014, 3:55 am

Turrin had to laugh out loud when Drusilla wanted to know all the juicy secrets of his caste. Obviously, he didn't know all the endal, but he knew a lot of War Hawks. Turrin let Drusilla brushing his hair, and he listened to Drusilla tease him about about having leaves in his hair. The myrian knew many Inarta would start assuming things if they say saw Drusilla with leaves in her hair too. Gossip was like wildfire in Wind Reach, so he had to keep the chatter about him to minimum since he was already the cities' savage cannibal. When she commented on his feeling about her, he thought to himself, If you gave people a chance, Dru. They would see what I see too. Turrin gave Drusilla a smirk and said with a shake of his head, “I do love candy, but I think we should go otherwise I will just get hyper than get a stomach ache from all the sweets.”

Standing up Turrin offered his hand down to Drusilla and teased with wink, “You know, Dru if you just let the leaves and dirt be, we could have gave the people of Thunder Bay something to gossip about.” The endal looked down at her and helped her to her feet. Holding her hand, he lead her to where Aponivi was sunning himself. When he got to Aponivi, Turrin put his right foot in Aponivi's stirrup and swung his left foot over the back of the wind eagle. Looking down at the white haired woman, Turrin held out a hand to her and said with a smile, “Shall we go, Beautiful?”

When Turrin helped her onto Aponivi, Turrin glanced back at her and said with a smile, “Hold on tight, Dru.” Turrin nudged Aponivi with the heel of his boot, and the eagle started run for a chime than the wind eagle opened his wings and started to flap them up and down in a single motion. The eagle jumped off the edge of the hill and started to soar through the air. Turrin leaned forward, tightened his legs on the side of Aponivi's body, and held the sides of the saddle with both hands tightly till the eagle was at his desired altitude over the Unforgiving. When Aponivi leveled out, Turrin put a hand on her long fingers as the flew towards Thunder Bay.
Last edited by Turrin on August 17th, 2014, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext