[Lenz] A Scrapbook of Wonder

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 3:06 am

Breathing Rights

written by me

Troubled by the lack of oxygen
Frightened by no air
Crucified by irrational fears
Of which someone wouldn’t dare share

Petrified by waves of cold
Afraid of the pain
Dismembered by irrelevant thoughts
Someone could label insane

Panicked by the lack of touch
Aghast at the shades of red
Pulled into a realm of unconsciousness
A person would comprehend as dread

Floating through numbness
Feeling nothing at all
Unnerved by the friction
Sudden thoughts to appall

Alarmed at a constricting neck
Anxious for an exploding vein
Water fills the lungs
Desire for the basin to drain

Tempted for survival
Horrified by the truth
The menace of the liquid
Decomposes the essence of all youth

Terrorized by sudden images
Dismayed by beautiful recollection
Eyes drifting closed
As the past dies in frail affection

Mystified as shadows swarm toward
Drowning from fervent lies
Intimidated by mortality
Finally saying the last goodbyes

Envious for continuous life
Wishing for the soul to reach the skies
Water sucks you down
But to hope one day that you will again rise

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 3:47 am

Medal Goals

I have been preparing myself to take charge in becoming the best I can be on this website. I plan to write a lot, post a lot and try to contribute as best I can. Therefore, I will try my hardest to achieve all the medals in my power. Below are the list of the ones I can reasonably acquire:

Image Artist I plan to achieve this by the way I have been generously creating designs for various players and storytellers
Image Overlord I hope to achieve this by writing many threads in order to receive many lores. Hopefully all of those lores will eventually add up to one hundred, or even more
Image Extreme Scrapbooker I find this one very easy to achieve. I will simply keep posting influential and inspiring posts in this scrapbook until I reach one hundred posts in it
Image Sunberth Seasonal Challenge During an upcoming season I will bust my butt trying to write many threads involving all of the seasons thread goals. In the end I plan to have every seasonal thread goal for every month and hopefully be rewarded with this shiny new medal
Image One Thousand Posts This one will be a little difficult, but I won't worry about that. I plan to get this medal with the same stradegy I have been using all along. I will post many threads, scrapbooking posts and helpful advice to other people until I eventually reach one thousands posts
Image Trash Medal I guarantee letting myself be awarded this medal by merely contributing a few banners to the site alongside a rather 'trashy' one
Image Hyperposter This will take a lot of time, but I'll continue to strive to achieve this particular medal. Someday I plan to reach a total post count of ten thousand
Image Trailblazer I honestly have no entire clue how I am going to get this medal, but I will still try my hardest
Image Grader Once I become a little more accustomed to the site, I will proceed to taking the test with the ten true and false questions that is given for those trying to become a grader. I will hopefully pass and continue on to grade others' threads
Image Mizahar Mentor I really want to help new players, and in doing so I think being granted this medal will help me do that. I would like to be known by everyone that I am certified by the storytellers and founders to help people out with knowledgeable answers to their questions
Image Peer Reviewer I plan to one day help review and edit a player's skill or lore article. I would like to display my ideas to try to make something better for the site

0/11 Achieved

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 3:52 am

More Music For The Ears

There's just something about this song that makes me obsess over it. I don't remember how I found it other than by listening to a mix of all these kind of songs together. Progressive House is what the genre is labelled as I think. Whatever it is, it's as sweet as the taste of honey, but for my ears.

Good night everyone!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 4:28 pm

My Darkened Heart

written by me

My darkened heart thought it'd never see the day
But our love began to part the shadow looming grey

Our young speciality is like a bird and nest
In morning parts the dove, but flies back at night to rest

Every moment growing, knowing not its bound
Neither of us knowing this ship would run aground

But like the sun rising to brighten the Earth
All too soon the day is gone, it's death is in its birth

My poor heart finally saw the day
All too soon we had to part and all that is left remains shattered and grey

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 4:47 pm

What To Do In Times Of Need...

I think whenever someone feels lonely, sad, doubtful of themselves or any other negative feeling, they should have a reference guide to go to in order to make themselves happy again.

I found this picture and thought it mentioned all of the feeling we feel most often throughout the day.

I also have listed a few other activities listed down below that you can do when you're feeling gloomy and blue:

1. Do something good for someone. Doing someone a favour will give you a sense of pride and pleasure. You'll have just helped someone and that should feel good

2. Eat as much chocolate as you want and not have a care in the world

3. Crank up your favourite song so that it's so loud you can't hear yourself think

4. Read a nice book whilst laying in bed or soaking the bath tub

5. Call a friend and talk to them about your current problems or why you feel the way you do

6. Dive into experimenting with various creative inspiration. Draw, write, compose or even mess around in paint

7. Watch a movie (preferably not a sad one) that will take your mind off of whatever your feeling at the moment

8. Sing incredibly loudly. Who cares what you sound like? It's fun and it releases a lot of emotions when you belt out random words

9. Write out all of your happy thoughts and read them over out loud. They might bring back happy memories or brighten your mood

10. Go shopping and buy something pretty for yourself

11. Simply cry. Letting out your built up emotions can be very beneficial for yourself. Sometimes all we need to do is cry and let it all out

12. Treat yourself to a manicure or a pedicure so that you can show off your gorgeous nails

13. Go outside and run. It has been scientifically proven that when you run you become happier (something to do with endorphins or something)

14. Practice yoga whilst listening to inspiration and relaxing music (this is super fun!)

15. Watch some comedy whether it be a funny television show or a hilarious movie. When you watch it with friends it makes it that much funnier

16. Eat some ice cream. The creamy, cold deliciousness will be bound to erase all those negative thoughts

17. Stretch your body and release all places that hold tension. You'll feel more lively and happier when you do

18. Make a new friend or spend time hanging out with your current friends. Go to the mall, see a movie with them or even go bowling

19. Sit down and watch tons of Disney movies like you did when you were a child. Doing this will not only bring back wonderful memories, but it might spark imagination and even make you laugh

20. Take a nap. Sometimes all we need is a little bit more sleep. Afterwards you should feel refreshed and you might not even remember why you were feeling the way you were before

21. Hug somebody

22. Have hope that things will get better

I hope after reading this list of random things to do in order to make yourself feel better that you've got an idea of what to do the next time you feel sad or angry. This list sure has helped me so it feel wonderful to share it with others who go through the same things I do.

-Lenz

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 4:53 pm

I Just Couldn't Help Myself

I think this says so much. Just the reference to reading and books gets me all the time. I e-mailed this to my mum and she thought it was wonderful. Hopefully you guys can learn something from it like I have!

Don't give up!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 4:55 pm

Bring The Music!

I listened to this last night as I was falling asleep. It's so peaceful and relaxing. I could fall asleep listening to it right now... if I could...

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 5:25 pm

Annapurna Himalayan Range, Nepal (September 2013)

Please note that I have not edited these pictures in anyway besides resizing them so that they fit this boxcode and the occasional "fade" of the edges. The colours and details are all the same.

Aren't these pictures so beautiful? Isn't this location so wonderful? I would so like to go there someday, but only in the autumn when September rolls around. I could go for my birthday, perhaps?

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 5:28 pm

The Following Several Posts Will Be Music Hour!

Let this song ease your tuneless heart...

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 5:31 pm

More beautiful melodies. I just found this one not more than five minutes ago and I have already instantly fallen in love with it.

I can't believe how wide my interest in genres of music is, but after looking up all these different kinds of songs, I have come to the conclusion that I am very open minded for all kinds... except country and opera, I think.

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext