Yet Another Newbie Enters The World of Mizahar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Rider on February 25th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Hello,
I am Ak'lya Treemoon, but I shortened my username to just Ak'lya.
So, I am new to the entire 'original fantasy rp' thing, all my previous roleplays have been in the Star Wars genre, which can't be as original as Mizahar. I am hoping to meet some new buddies to roleplay with, because I'm one of those people who have a lot of time on their hands and the urge to roleplay courses through my veins,
So yeah, once again hi, I hope I like it here :)
Rider
Player

Words: 376
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2014, 2:07 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 4:16 pm

Hello there and welcome to Mizahar!

I first want to start off my saying that the "original fantasy RP thing" is probably one of the most unique and elaborate original fantasy set ups I have ever experienced. Sure, I must admit that vampires and werewolves, Jedi mind tricks and light sabers and all that jazz can be fun to play, but I assure you that once you start to get involved in the site, your mind will be blown by the creativity and imagination everyone has put into making this their own.

You definitely will meet some new people as you continue to improve your writing, which is always the fun part. Those two almost always go hand in hand, so I guarantee you'll never be alone!

If you have any questions you can always come to me and I can try to help you out as best I can. If I can't I will be more than happy to direct you to one or more of the fantastic storytellers we have here.

Above all, have fun!

-Lenz
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rider on February 26th, 2014, 4:45 am

I am finding the entire concept daunting and the actual Lore daunting, but i suppose that it is normal for all newbies to feel confused and lost, i don't have any questions at the moment but i will gladly come to you or another person if i think i get to lost and confused.
Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it :)
Rider
Player

Postby Lenz on February 26th, 2014, 5:14 am

Yes, I believe it is confusing and at times, frustrating for new players to grasp the whole concept of the site, but after a while it gets easier to understand.

I'm glad I could help and I hope you figure it all out soon! :P

-Lenz
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rider on February 27th, 2014, 3:04 am

It is getting less confusing, just by a little bit, oh yeah I'm thinking of changing my characters name, Ak'lya isn't really giving me any inspiration at all.
Rider
Player

Postby Reven Heath on February 27th, 2014, 5:01 am

Hi there!

I want to say hello and welcome to Mizahar as well! Like Lenz said, this is definitely a great place that focuses on driving imagination, creativity, and development. I'm still new to a lot of the information as well but it's all fairly easy to understand. Once you get the Character Sheet knocked out and start threading, things become a lot easier and instead of looking at it as a possible obstacle to overcome, it start to turn into 'Oooh, so many options, so many possibilities!'

It's absolutely great in my opinion. :)

My advice is don't get intimidated by the Lore, it's only there to help you and your character thrive and if you have any questions or doubts about anything, you can always pop into chat. There are so many people around that would be more than happy to answer and questions or concerns. I hope you have a lot of fun here!
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Words: 213556
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes