[Sigrun's Scrapbook] Wrought with Plot Twists

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sigrun Dominic on June 2nd, 2013, 10:02 pm

Welcome!

All, if not most of you, know me by my character's name, Sigrun. Few of you may know me by the names of my old characters from the past, and even fewer of you may know me by my real name. Hi there. Let's start with the basics, I suppose!

I am currently a business student, studying management and communications technology at a certain university in a certain tropical country. I'm petite, female, and in a very happy relationship with a boy I met at our school's musical theatre organisation. I am not a theatre performer. Yet.

If you come to me about Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Minecraft, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Bikram Yoga, The Beatles, Wicked the Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Orwell's "1984", Albom's "The Five People You Meet in Heaven", or Kundera's "The Unbearable Lightness of Being", I may just talk for hours!

And in regards to the things that won't make me want to say a single word; there isn't any. Currently, my life has been all about school, theatre, video games, and writing-- to be approached regarding something completely out of this spectrum would be very pleasing.

I joined Mizahar a couple years ago with my very first character. Unfortunately, she didn't last very long, because I was far too busy with schoolwork to play her. When I returned about a year later, I created new characters and found more time for them, but ultimately I had to give them up due to the amount of responsibilities I had as a high school senior. After yet another year I returned with Sigrun. It's been tough keeping her while juggling all my extracurriculars and college requirements, but I'm managing. Third time's the charm!

Hopefully I'll be staying for good this time. And to you, dear reader; if you can stomach a thread partner who responds frequently on some days but slowly on other days, shoot me a PM! I'm open to anything.
Last edited by Sigrun Dominic on March 8th, 2014, 5:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Common."
"Fratava."

Will be responding slowly at times due to the the demands of university.
Sigrun Dominic
Difficult to digest.

Words: 208302
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2013, 4:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sigrun Dominic on June 2nd, 2013, 10:02 pm

I suppose I should say something about Sigrun, whom I created a couple months back due to the insatiable desire to write, and to have a more immersive avenue for it. Sigrun was born after I had traveled for a month or so in Europe as a graduation present from my parents, and I was quite rusty when I first started out with her. Even now, coming back from a few month's hiatus, I'm still a little rusty.

Pre Character Creation
I'm one to kill off a lot of people in a character's life, I've noticed. Sigrun lost friendships and family members to emotional distress, sickness, and other deeper rooted altercations that even she herself does not truly understand. I saw her as a young woman who still thought and saw herself as a young girl; ignorant, self-centred, and angry at the world. Her mother died giving birth to her younger brother, her father left them not too soon after due to depression, her best friend disappeared without a trace after a huge fight, and her younger brother perished from disease, all in a span of a few years. After all this, Sigrun resorted to alcoholism in order to keep herself from remembering it all. I think I may have gone a little overboard, and now I have a young woman stuck in the center of juvenility and maturity, lost and confused for an indefinite amount of time.

Post Character Creation
Sigrun may be suffering from a mental illness that she doesn't know of yet. I might not even know what it is either. So far, she has regressed into a state of depression twice already, and has undergone a striking personality change after the second time. She's kissed two completely different men right after meeting them, and has quite possibly fallen in love thrice already. She experienced jealousy over a mother figure whom she'd only gotten close to within one season, and learned to horribly detest ghosts and magic in two separate days. Knowing all this makes her sanity even more questionable than before. I'm not quite sure what to do with her now, considering she has changed over a few seasons and now only wants nothing but to run away from Syliras with the idea that it is the only way for her to recover completely. Sigrun is as unpredictable to me as she is to herself, and I quite like that about her. I don't know what she'll be up to until she's up to it, or until someone out there is up to it. Her environment and relationships have begun to mold her at a significant level, it almost feels like I'm no longer the one who controls her. I don't know where she's headed or where she wants to go, but I'm glad I'm the one who'll be taking her there.
Last edited by Sigrun Dominic on March 8th, 2014, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Common."
"Fratava."

Sigrun Dominic
Difficult to digest.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sigrun Dominic on March 8th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Reserved.

For when I keep track of thread activity, probably.
"Common."
"Fratava."

Sigrun Dominic
Difficult to digest.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sigrun Dominic on March 9th, 2014, 4:11 am

So the boyfriend suggested it's Borderline Personality Disorder?

I was talking to him just a while ago about Sigrun possibly having a mental disorder, and he suggested it be BPD, and even sent me some information about it.

"Impulsive behaviors are common, including: substance or alcohol abuse, eating disorders, unprotected sex or indiscriminate sex with multiple partners, reckless spending and reckless driving. Impulsive behaviors can also include quitting jobs or relationships, running away, and self-injury. People with BPD can be very sensitive to the way others treat them, feeling intense joy and gratitude at perceived expressions of kindness, and intense sadness or anger at perceived criticism or hurtfulness."

What's funny to me is that all of the things listed above are the things Sigrun often does, or have done. She has tried to have multiple "sexual" partners, as well as delved into alcoholism, and the persistent need to run away from Syliras. She bonded quickly with some people-- almost obsessively, such as with Atta Sabot, while detesting other people just as swiftly, especially when they "got in the way" of her relationships with other people. Apart from that, she's been feeling intense sadness for a good few days in between the moments when she's sane.

I think I just unwittingly made her mentally ill, or at the very least, allowed her to be.

Now that I've diagnosed her, I'm gonna have to help her realise it, and find a way to alleviate it. I'm looking at you, meditation.

Or perhaps hypnotism?
"Common."
"Fratava."

Sigrun Dominic
Difficult to digest.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes