Nightmare Fiction - [Nightmare] (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Gabriel Tanshihana on September 5th, 2010, 7:37 pm

9th of Fall, 510 A.V. (Dreamscape)

Everything was dark. But then a light bloomed in the center of the impenetrable shadows. And it slowly spread through the area, everything being brought to life as the strange glow began to cover everything. The world was black and white, with hues of gray. The only thing in color was the sanguine fluid pooling in droves all around the still images of people. Some had swords shoved through their chests. Others were missing body parts that lay at their feet. Either way, blood continued to pump from the frozen visages. The liquid was still warm, fresh. It traced over his hands, in-between his fingers that rested against the cold ground.

There was one other thing that drew on the light. It didn’t quite belong. Color pooled around its form. And it certainly wasn’t frozen. Golden orbs shone and took in the scene about him. A long tongue flicking out licking chapped lips. His garb was unfamiliar and yet it fit. And the jacket he wore was all too similar to the one draped around Gabriel… His shoes pressed into the flowing pools of crimson. A wicked and twisted smirk trailing across his features.
Secret :

As the backdrop continued to come into view. Small huts and cottages bloomed into the hazy vista. Everything about the place was nostalgic. And yet all that came to mind was horror. A realization of despair and tragedy washed over him. Within’ there was but a void in his soul and heart. An emptiness that could not be sated. The insatiable abyss, yearning inside his very core. Yet he stood. Determination forming itself within’. The dark garbed man that stood before him was the catalyst for all this… Gabriel’s very existence was in opposition to this figure that stared him down. Those yellow eyes glared at him in disgust as he rose from his knees.

“So… You came after all… Gabriel…” the voice resonated throughout the dreamscape. That voice was calm, serene. And yet Gabriel knew the truth of it…

“You…you killed them… You’re the reason for this…” Gabriel’s fingers curled into fists. His crimson orbs boring into the shady stranger.

“And?” the voice rolled over him as if challenging him. Proclaiming that the boy could do nothing.

“I’m going to kill you…” the statement issued forth from Gabe.

“Excuse me?” the golden-eyed stranger proclaimed. The voice still smooth. Gabe wanted nothing more then to walk over and smash the mans face in with all his might.

Gabriel didn’t bother to say anything else. His left hand slid down the pommel of his blade. Then below the guard, which his thumb would press against. His other digits furling lightly against the blades sheath. His feet began to push forth. Forming into a quick stride forwards. His right hand begun to lower across his chest, past his waist to hover over the grip of his katana.

“I SAID YOU’RE GOING TO DIE HERE!” Gabriel rushed the figure…

In-Constant Effect: :
Shatter – Gabriel is more powerful here in this dreamscape.
Hatred – Gabriel hates the man in front of him more then anything else in the world. As such, rage is building within’ every second.
Nightmare Fiction – This dream is so vivid and realistic, that if Gabriel falls here, he may suffer consequences in the real world.
For me... the world...consists of the people I love.
If those people are not here, it's as if the world does not exist.

Gabriel Tanshihana
/hero

Words: 16897
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2010, 5:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gabriel Tanshihana on September 6th, 2010, 3:32 am

The quick dash pushed him hastily within’ a meter of his foe. His thumb pushing on the guard to separate the blade cleanly from its sheath. His right palm slamming onto the grip of the weapon. Digits curling around it, his grasp like steel. Pulling it forth with all his might, his katana would swing out wide, bladed edge first aimed for the mans right side. His right foot forwards as the advance came to a halt using the remaining momentum to power the attack. Hopefully planting itself deep within’ his ribs. However it never made it that far.

The golden-eyed stranger simply kept’ his wicked smile, and actually stepped forwards during the swing at his figure. The black garbed mans hands flashed within’ his jacket, procuring two talon like daggers. One in each hand spun as they met his palm, and then slammed them forth to meet Gabriel’s faulty strike. A small chuckle escaped the transients’ lips. Teasing the young warrior.

The clash of metal rang through the air. Sparks pitched up as the weapons clashed together. Gabe putting his right leg forwards in an attempt to put pressure behind the locked blades. His left leg acting as ballast, keeping him steady against his opponents weight as well. The stranger leaned over the blades and in close to Gabe. His eyes gazing into those crimson orbs. That smirk still drawn on his features as if it were permanent. It only angered Gabriel further as he pressed against the clinch with all his might.

“Aw… you’re trying so hard Gabe… it’s too bad really… Just wasted effort.” The man taunted him. His voice still serene and awfully separated from the current event unfolding before him.

“YOU BASTARD!” Gabriel removed the edge of his katana from the clash, bringing it back to his right side, and committing himself to a full diagonal swing with the blade facing at an upwards angle. His left foot pivoted and lunged forwards to push the attack so his opponent would not be able to just simply step back from it. The angle it started at was low, but it would curve high as the swing continued.

Before it ever had the chance, its destined path was interrupted. The dark garbed man slamming his left dagger forth to meet the oncoming force. His wrist turning a bit to intercept and hold the impact as he parried. Then sliding the dagger along the grain of the blade and stepping forth left leg first. The man raised his right leg, bending it at the knee and kicking Gabriel squarely in the face with the heel of his bloodied shoe.

Gabe had no answer to the foot that nailed him squarely in the face. He stumbled back, left hand covering where it had struck on his forehead. Slightly dazed he kept’ his katana raised in front of him, in an effort to stop any quick lunging strikes. But, thankfully nothing came as he recovered. Wiping away the warm liquid, and slinging it back to the ground. Eyes refocused on the stranger as he put his knives back away. The man began to strafe around him, as if he were going for a small jaunt.

“You look surprised Gabe? Didn’t you know you were supposed to die that night as well?” the man continued circling Gabriel. Those golden eyes piercing into his soul. Pushing him further down the road of despair. The black garbed figure pushed his hands deep within’ his coat pockets. Still smiling away as if everything in the world were perfect.

“You killed all those people… you killed my family! You thought you killed me… You left me to die in the village as you let it burn to the ground! YOU’RE A MONSTER!” Gabe roared at him. His free hand coming back up to the grip of his weapon. Readjusting his stance as the man tried to simply walk around him.

“You must not remember that night very well Gabe… After all, look whose jacket you’re wearing…” he continued his pace, as Gabe shuffled to face him as he went.

“Is that some kind of joke? You’re the one that tossed it over me, thinking I was little more then a corpse. After all, you thought of it as a proper burial if I remember. A fitting grave marker for a child. You said it was the least you could do for me.” Gabriel’s words were filled with hate. Every word was dripping and lined with venom.
Last edited by Gabriel Tanshihana on September 7th, 2010, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriel Tanshihana
/hero

Character sheet

Postby Gabriel Tanshihana on September 7th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Gabriel came at the stranger again. Raising his sword overhead with both hands on the grip. A few steps forwards brought him into range as he swung down vertically. The man took a step to the side and the katana caught nothing but the air. Then he danced forwards, hopping into the air a bit as his right foot slipped up and slammed into the side of Gabe’s head sending him sprawling. Gabriel’s hands wavered out in front of him as he tried to prevent himself from eating the floor. He recovered just in time to see the man return with a vicious punch to his lower jaw. Gabe felt the knuckles pound in and scrape along his skin. A felt the wave crash upwards into his skull as he tried to roll with the blow. Another fist came in, Gabriel pushed past it, as it clipped his shoulder. Coming in with a sidelong chop with his blade towards the mans abdomen. Which was also soundly dodged. But, it pushed the black-garbed man far enough away that he couldn’t counter this time.

Clapping echoed throughout the place, as the man slapped his palms together chuckling. Clearly he was unimpressed by Gabe’s efforts.

“Well, my little red eyed friend… You’ve gotten quite a bit better with your favorite toy… I think you should have stuck with teddy bears though…” the man mocked Gabe.

Gabriel rushed forwards as he spoke. His right foot arose and pumped forth delivering a straight kick to the gut. When he felt contact, he let his left hand fall away, his right hand arcing the katana down towards the mans shoulder near the neck. But, it was soundly defeated as the stranger procured one of his taloned daggers from his jacket into his left hand. The blades meeting, and the golden-eyed monstrosity easily stopping the one handed swing. The jacketed persona leaned forwards towards Gabriel once again, still smiling away.

“Oh, that was a close one there kiddo!” the voice rang out sarcastic as ever.

The enigmatic character tossed up his left leg, then slammed the end of his heel directly into Gabriel’s sternum. Then followed up stepping quickly in tune with the stumble that followed as Gabe had the air blasted out of his chest and was pushed aback. His back dipped down as he put the gravity and effort behind his other leg. His whole body low to the ground as his supporting ballast bent at the knee in an effort to hold balance. That right foot came up like a super powered hammer. Gabriel was able to put his forearms in place at the last second to stop the brunt of the blow. That way his jaw wouldn’t be shattered into tiny fragments. However it still hit home hard. Gabe was sent sprawling into the air, his arms felt like they were going to fall apart as the impact roared through them. His sword falling out of his weakened grip, unable to ignore the pain rushing through his being.

Gabriel ended up on his ass. Sliding across the crimson tinted ground. Hands off to the side, his katana splashing soundly into the pools of blood a few feet from him. He rose slowly, getting tired, and now everything was aching. Rage continued to wash over him, yet he knew he had to keep his mind clear, and had to get over to his weapon, and fast.

“C’mon demon eyes… I know you’re not done yet…” the man continued to taunt the boy. Stirring every negative emotion about that he could.

Gabriel Tanshihana
/hero

Character sheet