Delectable Encounters [Haya]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Amon on July 21st, 2010, 10:53 pm

Amon had to pause for a moment. She had grinned, caught him of guard with her words. Taunting as they were, he had closed his eyes in response, lips twitching in irritation. Alas! His calm demeanor had been breached. She was pushing buttons, how far was she going to go to see what he would do? “I've only just met you, girl, and already you lash out. What makes you want to hurl daggers at my face? Should I act more brutal for your convenience?” His words were beginning to take on more venom, but there was still that smile playing on his lips.

But indeed, he scrutinized her face well enough to discern the wounds she held from her event with the unruly archer. He shook his head, “Just as well, since you have a nasty little mouth.” He murmured, “But I’m sure you two would have made a great bickering couple.”

He noticed she hadn’t responded to what he’d said about her crippled state. Maybe he’d been too insensitive, rude even, but after her response, he felt no regret for coming off as pitying her. On the contrary, in his mind, he believed he’d complimented her, motivated her to go beyond the dek caste and pursue something she was good at. He decided to break the silence, “I’ve struck a nerve, what luck.”

Her next remark made his brow quirk. He scoffed, tapping his cheek. “You insult me, and then you compliment me. Didn’t you say I’m more like a woman? I’d assume this wouldn’t be an issue, but coming from a flip-flopper, I guess I can’t take your words to heart.” He was becoming more aggressive, but it was passive. He wouldn’t make an outburst in the middle of the kitchens, nor was he planning to. He was as patient as they come, even with Haya’s provoking words.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Words: 68449
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Haya on July 22nd, 2010, 6:43 pm

She had crossed a line, Amon made that much obvious. The man still wore a smile plastered upon his features, but the words coming from his mouth were sharp and deriding. Haya’s smirk quickly dropped and she sighed. These Endal, always so easily hurt in their pride.

The drudge knew better than to keep up her previous attitude. She leaned back, sliding her hands off the table and retreating them in her lap. “I was merely joking, Rider. I meant no harm.” The playfulness had left her voice and she sounded tired, rather than apologetic.

Haya lowered her head, giving the crowd in the kitchens a sidelong glance. She looked like she was sulking a bit, slight pout on her face while she muttered softly to herself. “What’s so bad about a woman anyway, to regard it an insult?” It wasn’t loud enough for Amon to discern her exact words, but there was no doubt he was able to pick up the disgruntled tone of her voice.

note :
short! but I wanted to reply before I’m gone~
active threads for the season: 4/4
Haya
The Clipped

Words: 35126
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2010, 9:26 pm
Character sheet

Postby Amon on July 30th, 2010, 2:31 am

oocI miss you Haya baby T_T

Yes, when it came to pride, Amon was as serious as a man with a brick for a brain. He may not have been ill-reputed, but his reputation in Wind Reach was important to him. To have the girl jest about his masculinity in front of others in the kitchens and a dek at that, unthinkable. If it were not for the fact that there were witnesses, he might have contemplated a light smack. But no, this was cool, calm and patient Amon. It would take more to make him harm someone in any way.

He smirked at her. “Of course you didn’t. I’m sorry if I came off as irritated, I normally don’t get angered by deks.” He watched her closely, how she leaned herself back and expressed a tiredness that seemed to consume her whole. He wondered if she ever truly had a moment of rest to simply replenish herself, or if she was laden with chores from the start of the day. A small smile twitched at the corner of his lips.

“Now it seems I’ve made you angry. We’re even. Tell you what, I’ll relieve you of your chores for the day if you agree to allow me to treat you to something nice. I believe a nice calming bath is in order, don’t you think? And I’m sure you could use a massage.” He was returning to his normal, light-hearted and social self, no hint of animosity playing at his words, but what he had in mind for Haya who could guess?
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Haya on August 3rd, 2010, 1:03 pm

Though indirect, the Rider’s words formed the perfect answer to her muttered question. This was bad about being a woman... well, being a woman and a Dek. Where Haya had wondered about Amon´s intentions for speaking to her before, it now became painfully clear.

Something in Haya grew angry, wanted to throw the Endal’s words back into his face. Baths? Massage? The fool could spare himself the effort. None of that would please her into his bed, and if push came to shove, none of that was nessecary for him to get what he wanted anyway. It did not occur to Haya she might be drawing the wrong conclusions. She did not know this man, and in the past few years she´d learned it was better to be suspicious than naive.

But for once the drudge was wise enough to keep her temper at bay and stop the angry words from rolling off her tongue. Though her internal conflict and aversion againt his proposal were clearly reflected on her features. In his words, the Rider had left her a choise, and though Haya doubted she’d be let off the hook so easily, she took this one opportunaty to try to refuse.

“They need me at the nursery, Rider. It would be wrong for me to wander off for petty things like the ones you mentioned.”

Despite her calm reply it was probably painfully obvious what she suspected Amon of. With the way she avoided the man’s eyes and had suddenly become restless, fidgeting with the fabric of her Lontev.

oocBut here I am again, Pao dear!
~sorry for the crap-reply
Haya
The Clipped

Character sheet

Postby Amon on August 6th, 2010, 2:45 am

oocOff the hook, no bitchslap :'P

As if the Rider needed to get her in his bed for whatever reason. He even gave her a choice! To decline meant Amon wouldn’t push things further, but her tone as well as her sudden angry demeanor put him off guard once more. Such hostility, and he was trying to make up for the fact he had been rude! Deks these days, so quick to judge the higher castes as if they were all out to get them and abuse them in such demeaning ways.

Amon shook his head at the girl. Clearly incredibly pissed off now that she had even implied that he would stoop so low as to try and do something to her she obviously was hell bent on never doing. He wouldn’t be so kind with her anymore.

“I think you’re giving yourself too much credit, dek..” His tone was cold. He was done with trying to make her feel better at all. “I would never stoop so low as to try and petch you, and I’m sorry if men have done that to you in the past. You’ve obviously no idea who I am, and what that sort of thing makes me feel. I was trying to let you have an off day for once. To enjoy the Dreaming Lady and actually feel relaxed, but I guess every time a man even so much as thinks about allowing a woman a chance to relax herself in a spa, that automatically entails petching.”

He smirked at her excuse, “No I wasn’t going to massage you, girl. I don’t have the slightest idea how to even go about it. Women would be doing that for you, but since you’re needed at the ‘nursery’, I’ll let you go. I’m not cruel, Haya, and I’m not a player. Don’t make false judgments of me and expect me to keep calm.”

He stood from the table, adjusting his bryda for a moment then looked back down at her. “For the record, I still think you admirable and a strong person, but I think you should be more straightforward with questions to avoid silly misjudgments.” He was about to leave her and the communal kitchens, for he had enough drama for one day, but if she decided that she wanted to speak to him some more, he would listen.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Haya on August 8th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Haya cringed. Amon’s reaction was the complete opposite of what she had expected. It was as if the Endal had read her mind, and he obviously wasn’t so happy with the suspicions and unspoken accusations he’d found there. Quite furiated, rather, and even more than before his voice was harsh, sharp. It was the second time Haya had hurt the man’s pride, but this was on a far more personal and important level. She had misjudged the man, indeed, and after Amon’s outburst she felt bad about it immediately. Had she not despised it so often herself, to be judged by people who knew little to nothing about her? And now she’d made the same unforgivably shallow and foolish mistake.

But what had he expected! A voice inside of her protested. One doesn’t do a Dek a favor without wanting something in return. You’d have to be a fool, or uneasonably generous. And even if he was indeed mister Generous, why pick only her? Why not give the whole kitchen crew that was currently present a day to relax, huh? It was just not logical, what was she supposed to think!

But her self-defensive arguments couldn’t completely remove the feeling of guilt that had settled in her stomach. So before the rider would completely turn away Haya reached out, fingers daringly clasping the man’s wrist.

“I’m sorry.”

Unlike before, her voice wasn’t timid and soothing to try and smooth things over. No, this time the drudge was sincere, straightfoward like the rider had told her to be. And instead of being downcast, her eyes returned Amon’s glare directly.

“I was being shallow.” Now her glance did return to the floor, not in a gesture of submissiveness, but shame, rather. “But you confuse me, Endal.”

Haya felt stupid, not having the slightest idea of what she wished to achieve by holding the man back. How had she even gotten into this situation again... what had been the start of this conversation? It was already hazy, at the back of her mind. All she realized was that she didnt want the rider to walk away like this. Not without explaining herself. But now the moment was there she found herself lost for words, and suddenly very self-conscious. What had gotten into her anyway, restraining a higher caste- member? Amon’s wrist slipped away when her fingers loosened their grip, and Haya bit her bottom lip. ’T was a fine mess she’d gotten herself into.
Haya
The Clipped

Character sheet

Postby Amon on August 11th, 2010, 6:18 am

Amon hadn’t expected anything to come from Haya after his little outburst. He expected her to simply sit like a smothered child, haughty and stubborn. But she had surprised the rider by grasping his wrist then apologizing in earnest, as if she truly did care how she had acted. He turned to look at her, too surprised to even say much about a dek holding an endal back, but it wasn’t lost on him how improper such a thing was.

“Don’t think you can easily go about doing such a thing with other riders, Haya.” He cautioned, then completely turned to face her once more. He was still simmering from her subtle accusations, and his tone held no traces of niceties and gentleness. “I’m sorry as well, for even bothering to help you in the first place. To think, being kind to someone, much less a dek would warrant such petchingly amazing accusations.”

A small sigh escaped at his lips, even as he leaned forward and lifted Haya’s chin up to meet his gaze. “Haya, I can understand this confusion. It’s partially my fault for making you think these things, I guess. I should have been clearer in my meaning, to say ‘sorry for being such a bastard to you’ instead of just outright requesting it be done.”

He let his hand fall now, standing straight once more. “The damage has been done. I think I might need to go visit the archery range to let off some petching steam.” He was mumbling to himself, rubbing his temples. What good were these women? Not one has he met that he has truly taken a liking to…until now. Haya was an interesting character, but one that has sorely disappointed him.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dreamcatcher on September 7th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Character: Amon

Experience: +1 Cooking
Lore: Remembering Faces, Asking about Women in an Unusual Way

Character: Haya

Experience: +1 Cooking

Lore: Doing Dishes, Assuming all Endal’s the Same

Additional Note: Congrats on the player interaction, if you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous