Solo Chill the heart

Evalin, with the help of Tsenrika, unlocks the element of ice.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Chill the heart

Postby Evalin on April 10th, 2014, 7:05 pm

19th of Spring, 514 AV

The room was quiet, still and peaceful. Upon the ground the nuit sat as she always did, staff leaning against the far wall, without a cloak or robes but simple ragged clothing was all that prevented her from being bare to the world. Before her sat her mirror image, her Familiar taken replicate form. Tsenrika sat as she did, clothed like she was, and in his hands as was in her's was a floating ball of water held within a shimmering container of clear res.

"Still the mind and calm the heart. Do not feel, but let it all go. Such is how ice should be. Cold, without thought, without heart. Without care." He instructed her in his icy tone, the being himself one of ice and cold and thus the obvious superior when it came to the matter at hand, "Do not allow for distractions to break the peace within the spirit."

Evalin frowned as she looked at the water that floated between her raised palms, her brows knitting together as she struggled to clear everything from within her. She tried to find that peace, yet each time she would distance herself a memory, a remembrance, a hatred would surface and disrupt the calm with raging passion once more.

She knew he could sense it. She saw it in his eyes as he looked over at her, "Be still as you were before, in the time before this place. Be still as you were when first we met, and such things as this shall come naturally to you."

"Already do I try my dear Tsenrika, yet I cannot recall this state which you refer to me as. Whenever have I been different than I am now?" She frowned as she glared at the ball of water.

"In the time when you were Evalin. When our contract was new and not yet fostered." He paused, in thought a moment. Then Evalin could feel him coming closer, not by physical means but through their bond. She felt him approach her conscious mind, brushing against her with fringes of thought as cold as his body, "Shall I show you what you were, what I saw through my eyes...?"

She took a tick to ponder, yet with but little thought Evalin decided it was a simple matter, one that needed no further caution, and without hesitation she opened herself fully to the creature across from her. His mind fell over hers, enveloping her, and before her eyes the world became white as she was flashed back in time.

She could remember it then. She saw herself, ages ago it seemed. She stood tall, and while the Familiar did not offer any emotions she knew, through his mind, that he thought of her as a partner, but also as someone to be respected. Evalin saw herself, or rather WAS herself as she was so long ago it seemed. It all came flooding back, the time before her return to Ravok. Before the child was slain. Before she had lost her focus, when her hate was absolute. Then, she was gazing through her own eyes again, and in her heart she felt...

Cold as the winds of the north, yet lit by a fire so hot it scorched all to cinders. The Familiar's voice whispered through the link, caressing her mind and bringing with it a euphoria as she remembered... herself, Such was my Master Evalin. Fierce in her actions, yet never rash or out of control. Calculating, never riled, never led astray by passing fancies. Focused. It was more than calm she felt. It was a lack of anything at all. Had she really been like this? Without thought, without emotion. She looked upon the world as an observer, neither caring nor interfering with what she saw around her. It was not cruelty in her soul, but rather certainty of what had to be done. She did not require passion for she had the goal, the purpose, the drive. None could affect her because she was beyond the mortal realm. She was above it. She ruled over it. Cold yes, but not unfeeling. Controlled.

Evailn opened her eyes, but she did not remember closing them, and when she looked down there was surprise written on her features.

"As she was, so shall she be again." Evalin looked up and saw the smile on the Familiar's lips, and between his hands the floating orb of ice which mirrored the one she held in her own two hands.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Chill the heart

Postby Evalin on April 10th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Evalin smiled as she took the ball of ice in her hand, setting it in her palm as she let it roll from side to side, "At last... The final piece has been acquired." She tossed the ball in the air, catching it again and holding it up to her eyes. She could already see that it was starting to melt, its surface becoming slick, "Much may be done with this..."

"Indeed..." Tsenrika said standing, "Now the girl shall fall to our strength, when the time comes for ust to make our way on to the next destination."

Evalin nodded slowly, standing as well. She held her hands out before her, pulling res that flowed out through her palms. Holding her hands out at her side, palms up, Evalin lengthened the res, extending the ends until they were thinner than her forearm and as long as she was tall. Then hissed, and the inner portion of res flashed, ice flowing out in all directions until two lances of ice as thick as two fingers floated over each palm, held in the air by the container of res which pulled at the ice to hold it in place. The nuit chuckled, lowering her arms to let the spears float in the air, "How wondrous this is... Tsenrika look at what might be done. Never have I been able to create as I may now."

"Much may be done with this. The limits are only what one might press upon herself." Tsenrika extended his hand, and one of the spears shot toward him. As easy as though he had done it all his life the Familiar snatched the projectile from the air, turning it over in his fingers as he examined it, "Though much work there is yet to do, now we do have a proper start."

"Yes..." Evailn's eyes turned toward the remaining spear. She reached forward, pressing one finger against its surface as she poured res into any cracks she found in its surface. Then, with a simple thought she called teh res to change to air and fill the space. Cracks spread quickly over the surface of the ice, and within a tick the entire item burst apart, raining down shimmering fragments, "Then let us not squander our time Tsenrika. Many preparations are required."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Chill the heart

Postby Empyrean on April 19th, 2014, 2:57 am

Evalin

Observation +1
Meditation +1
Familiary +1
Reimancy +1

Lores :
  • Familiary Bond: Tsenrika May Share Memories
  • A Prior State: Cold, Focused, and Calculating
  • Reimancy: Unlocking the Element of Ice
  • Reimancy Power: Enough to Rival Aka?

Notes :
Great introduction to ice reimancy! I really like how you continue to use the familiary as a sort of mentor figure, too! Sorry this took some time to post. Enjoy and PM me if there was anything I might have missed.
Empyrean
JrSt of Taloba

Words: 35380
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 8:03 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)