PM to join A Fish Out Of Water

[Job Thread] Ariann finishes a day of being a healer, maybe meeting a few new faces?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Fish Out Of Water

Postby Ariann on April 1st, 2014, 5:05 am

Timestamp: 14 Spring, 514AV

It had been nearly three weeks since Ariann had blatantly asked Yuri out on a date, and a couple of more days before then when Ariann had pummelled into Gale along the beach. Despite those strangely ordinary happenings, Ariann had moved on with her life, letting the emotions she had back then vanish over the weeks that she spent cooped up in the University tending to the wounded.

It was a boring job. Very few people came by on the day-to-day basis with wounds that needed healed. Ariann rarely needed to use her Gnosis mark on those that trotted into the small room that served as the infirmary. Most of the time it was deep cuts, heavy scrapes and burns that she couldn't use her magic or gnosis on to heal that caused her the most issue. It was almost as if the people that came to her expected a miracle. Well, unfortunately for them, this fishie was one tentacle short of a miracle.

Luckily, her extensive knowledge in herbal remedies, potions and salves gave her a better chance than most in treating the wounds. Sometimes stitches were involved, whereas other times, Ariann had to use a device that the land-dwellers called a 'splint'. It was a weird thing. Two braces of metal or wood wrapped in linen, cloth or seaweed to keep a bone set while healing. She had to learn the technique of making a splint from a sailor down at the docks, since she had utterly no idea why it was needed. Apparently, where fish lack the solidity of normal bones and thus rarely end up breaking them to a degree that needs a splint, the humans tended to break their bones enough times to make a hill ogre flinch. It was insane how many people could get their nose busted in, or their finger snapped or even their jaw displaced!

Ariann found herself pacing about the infirmary gathering up the reagents, herbs and remedies she had harvested, bought or otherwise acquired for use on her patients. The small, stone room was centered near the outside of the university where anyone and everyone had access to her door if they needed medical attention. She'd seen a few wave guards pass by earlier today, but luckily none of them were harmed at all, so she wouldn't have to worry about one of them being Ricky.

The thought of Ricky made Ariann pause beside the long, wooden table that she had her stuff sprawled out on. Ariann found herself wanting to rid herself of her thoughts, but another part of her desperately clung to them. Her lips curled down into a frown as she sighed, grabbing the wooden slab with a clip atop it and a piece of parchment and charcoal. If Ricky wishes to be in my mind, then there is nothing better than for me to draw him. She thought peacefully, settling herself down into a chair that was quilted with felt-like cushions and a rocking bow to the legs so it would sway back in forth when Ariann shifted her weight enough.

She settled down, leaning back and bringing her slender legs up to form a makeshift easel that she leaned the clipboard against. The charcoal slid into a spot between her forefinger and thumb, pressed lightly into place as she brought the tip towards the parchment. The paper stained black as she drug the stick of charcoal across the page, sketching out the thick jawline that Ricky had. The lines at the center were bold, the dip of his chin wrinkled a bit. He would be smiling today, so she drew his lips with an upward slant, his familiar dimple placed there as well.

The next step would be Ricky's stubble. The lines were thin, sparsely dotted along the jawline and stretching vertically up towards where his cheekbones will be. Two curving lines slanted down with the same strength of his jawline to form the sides of Ricky's neck, and a sprinkle of stubble would be speckled under his chin as well. After that, Ariann drew two crescent-shaped shapes to form Ricky's ears, the lobes tipping into the side of the head. Next, Ariann dragged the charcoal stick flat across the top to scrape out what was supposed to be Ricky's hair. It did look a bit flat, but it was the best Ariann could do.

Ariann's hand paused just over the blank space that would be Ricky's eyes. His brow and eyes would prove to be too difficult for her to draw, even though her mental image of his face was as vibrant as the charcoal was dark. She frowned a bit, sighing and tossing the clip board aside with disdain. "I can't finish it..." She whimpers, the clip board clattering to a stop atop the wooden table. "I miss him. I miss Yuri, too." She sighs, "I miss my friends."

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

A Fish Out Of Water

Postby Loken on April 1st, 2014, 6:33 am

He had never visited the infirmary before, but he did recognize it when he stood at its entrance within its door frame. The smell of herbs had been the first thing sign that medicinal techniques were practiced within. It was a smell of foliage that only brought recollections of poisons to Loken from his dabbled studied into poison craft. Ariann herself had been the third thing to attract his attention inside of the stone structure; the second being the several objects on the table to which he tried to give names to the several smells.

Only after the thrown object had landed atop the table did Loken cast curious eyes towards its thrower. Sometimes there were no words to express thoughts. The sound of wood clip board clattering against the wood table top causing his his brows to raise in equal curiosity. With cautious steps, he walked into the infirmary. The tail of his long black wool coat fluttering behind each of his steps. Monochromatic. It was a word that defined the human male as he entered the building. His black coat matching the same color of his linen shirt and pants. The boots he wore and leather light armor.

He walked over to the wooden table where he placed a tiger hook sword onto of it. upon closer inspection two hook swords were stacked atop of each other rather than one. Loken replaced the weapons in his hands with the clip board she had shunned away. “You have a potentially amazing gift,” he finally said, very genuinely, after musing over the drawing in what he hoped was a reassuring tone. "Those who works to capture a moment with art should avoid being stuck within a 'moment' themselves." He spoke to her with no semblance of unfamiliarity, as if old friends or acquaintances. Placing the clip board onto the table where she had thrown it, taking care to avoid making the sound of wood against wood.
Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Fish Out Of Water

Postby Ariann on April 2nd, 2014, 2:33 am

OOCThat post template is so smexy looking (≧ω≦) ... mine just looks... blah... :'(

Ariann had froze quite stiffly when the attractive-looking man appeared from the blue, entering into the infirmary with such a quiet grace that Ariann hadn't noticed him until he was right beside her. She was quite lucky that the man wasn't an assassin, because she'd not have stood a chance against him. Well, even if he wasn't an assassin, she had a feeling that she'd end up the worse-off if the two of them ever got into a tangle. Where she was slim and lithe, Loken was strong and masculine. Where her eyes were wide and bulbous, vibrant in color, his were slim, concise and lacking much in the way of pigmentation. Yet there was one thing that the two of them shared.

Kind words.

Ariann was a fan of being nice and never hurting anyone via tone, voice or vice and the man seemed to share the same in respect to his words. His way of praising her absent skills was something short of perplexing to the young charoda. She didn't really think that what she had drawn was anything close to 'art', but apparently this man thought otherwise. And so far, land-dwellers had rarely been wrong when it came to things Ariann didn't know about.

She swallowed lightly, frowning a bit, "I... I don't think it's all that good..." She said with a saddened tone, "It's very bad... It doesn't even look like Ricky." She says, letting her eyes roam about the man for a moment before tearing them away and trying to focus on the other side of the room shyly. She had a tendency of staring too long and eventually developing feelings for someone just because she thought they were attractive.

"If... if you like it, you can... have it." She offered meekly, her cheeks beginning to flare blue as she became conscious of the fact that he was wearing clothes and she was not. It normally wasn't an issue for her, being so aware of her nakedness. But today seemed to be an extra-sensitive day for her. Her arms moved to cross over her chest so as to protect her more 'modest' parts, while her legs closed lightly together. Her head partially declined towards the ground as she tried to hide her embarrassment.

"B-but..." She continued, swallowing lightly, "That wasn't what you came here for, was it?"

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

A Fish Out Of Water

Postby Loken on April 2nd, 2014, 12:17 pm

For someone whose very purpose it was to remain in control. Who had been specifically trained since his youth for the purpose of controlling his emotions. He was satisfied that his self control was appropriate, in many ways. He found gaze tracing the outline of her body. It started at her hip, Loken's eyes fixing to her slender curves as they worked their way up. It left the rest of her body to the forced indifference of his peripheral vision. Although, he couldn't deny the fact that her soft skin reminded him of fine silk that just needed to be touched. He was not oblivious to the bashful way she had begun to cover herself. It was a key reason why his eyes rose to keep a steady gaze at the level of her face.

At the mention of name of the person she was drawing Loken only shook his head. It wasn't his business to pry into the strange woman's love life. “No,” He spoke softly as a smile tugged at his lips. A hand raising to graciously deny her gift. “It is work left unfinished. If it is to remain that way then let it be. Sometimes the 'Never will' is a better regret than the 'Never was'. It is closure to begin again.” He didn't know why she was so lonely, but he tried to give her the best advice he could while avoiding the subject.

He turned away from her as he brushed through the infirmary, glancing over each of the items in the room as he passed them with the faintest hint of interest that scarcely lingered for more than a second or two before moving his gaze onto the next, his eyes eventually falling onto the herbal items. He allowed his shoulders to slouch for while he looked over the table. His long wool coat fell from his shoulders as he removed it.He walked back over to her, standing closer then before. "You can say my baser instincts when finding myself in somewhere new requires me to know where I can heal myself if, for any reason, I find myself injured. My survival takes precedence over ..."

His voice pausing for a moment as he held his coat in both hands by the collar, clearly offering it to the nude woman to wear it and cover up if she wished too. "... any other of my baser natures. What ever they are or may intrigue." The tail end up his words held no reservation that the sight of her was, in fact, 'enticing' to say the least. Equally admitting that the probability of him receiving an injury in the near future was a high one for whatever reason.
Loken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Fish Out Of Water

Postby Ariann on April 4th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Ariann's eyes followed along where Loken went, her strangely shaped ears turning and twitching as she listened to his words. At first, it seemed like the man was staring at her lower body, but thankfully his eyes did not linger for long. Still, his gaze as intense enough that her cheeks began to blue in embarrassment. While it wasn't uncommon for people to stare at her, this man had a very... lecherous way of doing so. It almost seemed as if he was able to see through her, all the way into her soul with those dark, piercing eyes.

Work left unfinished.

It jarred Ariann's thoughts out of the darker parts of her mind, bringing her back to listen to what the man was saying. He spoke something cryptic about closure. She didn't really catch most of it. What he said next only made her more confused as he spoke about his instincts in finding a place to get healed when he gotten somewhere new. Even more strangely, he paused in mid-sentence only to finish with saying something about his baser natures, not really specifying what they were. It was only then that Ariann noticed the coat that he had held before him. He cupped it in his hands in an offering way, as if hinting for her to cover up with it.

She took the coat, her hands gingerly reaching out to gently take the garment from him, before flipping it around and settling it on her shoulders, forgetting to slide her arms through the sleeves the way the coat was meant to be worn. She took a moment with her head hung low to try and piece together what the man had implied. She wasn't quite sure, but it almost seemed as though he held some form of interest in her, but was too afraid to say what it was. She could recognize the same facial expression on his face when he spoke as several others had before. Namely Yuri and Ximal when they first realized that she wasn't wearing any clothes.

She lifted her head a moment and blinked, Is he implying that he would... She didn't finish off the thought, for it was a bit too frightening for her. The two of them were alone in the infirmary, so she would need to keep calm and not incite any form of panic or uncomfortability between them.

"W-well..." Her voice was a bit shy at first, before she cleared her throat and lifted her head to give him a brazen, confident look, "I am a healer of Rik'keli... the only one in Zeltiva from my knowledge..." She paused, hoping it was not too brazen as she stood up and walked over to another table with some assorted herbs and remedies upon them, "And I am a decent herbalist... if you need to be healed, then this is the place to come to." She nodded, confidently as she turned around and kept up her mask of surity upon her face. "I am Ariannaliese."

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

A Fish Out Of Water

Postby Loken on April 13th, 2014, 6:48 am

His lips teased upward into a bit of a sheepish smile, and he let his grip lessen from the coat as she took the woolen overcoat. He couldn't help a smile when Ariannaliese spoke about how well she was at her job. He always did enjoy hearing someone display confidence in their skills, especially when they were in the profession of healing; the fact that she was marked by the goddess Rik'keli was an added bonus. He found himself absently nodding in agreement as she spoken then met her greeting with an introduction of his own. "My name is Loken, a Pon of Gnora, and It is a privilege to make your acquaintance. " He found himself moving to stand over by the table she looked over without even thinking about it. There was a curiosity to his tone, one that held an intrest in learning both about the woman herself, and her profession. "Has your day been well? "

Loken thought in linear manner so he was unlikely to take a roundabout route to the real questions on his mine. No, learning was his mantra and that meant he would go straight to the source of the information he needed. He had decided to visit the infirmary to try and gain some knowledge in the craft of healing. He kept up his small talk as he picked up some type of herb, a branch with leaves on it, from the table. He lifted it to his nose to take a short and small smell of it. It was odd, but he thought that is smelled like sage. A plant that was typically found in a kitchen. He set it down then tilted his head as he looked at the plant. "What medicinal properties could sage have?" It wasn't a questions directed at her, but more so a thought spoken aloud to himself.
Loken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Fish Out Of Water

Postby Ariann on April 17th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Loken. His name had a strange draw to it, a familiar tilt that was mysteriously foreign. She could tell by the way that he walked, looked and glanced about that he was very, very foreign. But she still couldn't shake off the feeling that he was familiar. Maybe it was just her imagination. "The evening has found me well." She stated, blinking her large, emerald eyes at the question. It seemed a little too simple of a question, and certainly didn't prepare her for the question he posed next.

Sage. It was an herb she was very familiar with, despite the fact that it grew in the more densely forested areas of Mizahar. Salvia Root was Ariann's name for the herb, for it looked like a root when the leaves were dried correctly. The plant itself had absolutely no medicinal properties until it was paired with other items to amplify it's healing properties. It could be used as an oil, or paired with other herbs such as parsley, thyme and rosemary for cooking. It also had a use when applied as a paste to a wound. It would help with disinfecting the wound, preventing molding in arid environments and other such things. "I uhh... It's used for a lot of things. Cooking, mostly, but clever people use it in the jungle and wet environs... it's an antifungal and has antibiotic properties..." She blinked, nibbling on her lip as she stepped forward to pluck one of the purple petal from the flower of the plant, and then nibble on one end before pushing the rest of it towards his lips, "Take a nibble. It's a bit strange of taste, but it's good. It has good oils for your skin and eyes. Very healthy." She said, her cheeks ravished blue with blush as she realized how close she was to him and took a step back, letting her eyes drop to the table as she searched for something to say to break the awkwardness she felt. "Do you like food? I'm not much of a cook, but I think I know enough about herbs to pull off a nice meal..." She stated, blinking anxiously for his response.

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)