Solo In New Company

Vinn stumbles upon a raven who simply won't leave her alone, so she takes it in as her own

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

In New Company

Postby Vinn on March 28th, 2014, 1:50 am

49th of Spring, 514 AV
Vinn's Apartment

“Oh, you ‘ave to be petching kiddin’ me!”

Vinn had been up all night taking sips from her flask, trying to perfect the image that was diligently being held in her mind.

“Y’all are petching stupid, grating on my last nerve,” she spat, directing her vehement stare toward the shades of paint on her wooden palette and the paint brushes that laid alongside it. “D’ya hear me?”

She leant back in her chair, inhaling deeply, feeling the cold gusts of stagnant air filling her lungs up entirely. She exhaled, no longer fuming, but instead in a more relaxed state. She glanced to her right and watched her wooden palette and the brushed beside it with a stare so cold and uninviting it would have given herself chills had she seen it.

“You ain’t gonna test me this time, or you’ll regret it, you hear?”

She picked up the smallest brush she could find, the one used for detailing, and dipped it into the red paint pigment she had made only a couple bells ago. She then proceeded to drift the brush over the canvas she had splayed out on the desk in front of her. She didn’t even blink as the let the tip of the brush caress the soft paper of the canvas. She didn’t even breathe as she watched her hand stroke upwards, scaling the canvas in a slow and steady speed.

With a line newly drawn on the paper, covering over the one she had made earlier, yet had messed up on, she stopped and sat back, aiming to critique her work. It was straight, but she still wasn’t impressed.

“You think I’d do a better job,” she mulled, tugging her chair forward so that her slender abdomen was touching the edge of the desk. She crossed her legs and leant forward, grabbing ahold of the paint brush again.

“What say you to another line?” she asked herself, making a thin stroke a few inches parallel to the line she had previously made. It was as straight as the first and perfectly proportional to it as well. She was impressed this time, without dwelling on the matter for very long.

“Yes,” she said. “That looks be’er.”

She didn’t know what she was painting or how she was going to paint it. With paint and brush you idiot. What she did know was that her mind had finally clicked into place, the gears connecting with the other gears in her mind. They were no longer dusty, having been put to use, the level switched into the ‘on’ position.

“Now it’s gonna happen. Now it’s gonna work. I’m jus’ gonna sit back and wait me paint ‘em things out.”
Last edited by Vinn on March 30th, 2014, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry to everyone I happen to be threading with at the moment, but I will be inactive for a week or two due to school work and soccer tournaments.
Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Words: 35272
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2014, 2:40 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

In New Company

Postby Vinn on March 30th, 2014, 6:10 am

49th of Spring, 514 AV
Vinn's Apartment

She made no attempt at hesitation, for it wasn’t a skill she possessed. She was an impulsive person, going for anything that caught her eye and piqued her interest. Right now, she had a mind full of ideas just ripe enough to be picked and brewed into a fine a fine beer. Or was it wine? Whatever the case was, she picked up her paintbrush again and dipped it in the red pigment.

She made sure her elbow never hovered less than an inch above the surface of the table. If she were to smear her art work, she would have an enormous fit, a temper tantrum that would result in the pain of any wall in her path and the death of clean hands. Blood would mar them by the end of the moment, the heat dissipated in the blink of an eye.

So she was careful, steady and supporting her elbow with the underside of her hand. Her palm was positioned in a way so that it cupped her elbow gently. It was as if her elbow was the puppet and her hand was the puppet master, moving her elbow with its every whim. She liked it that way. It gave her a sense of control, and that was something she craved each and every day she remained breathing.

“A’ight,” she said. “Goin’ in now.”

She touched the tip of the brush to the paper again, so that the paint that bled out connected with one of the lines she had already made. She then swiftly drew her hand across the canvas so that it connected with the other line. She did this to the bottom and before she knew it, she had painted a box in a red so deep it was only a few shades away from the colour of blood.

She bit her lip for a second, musing to herself about any other possibilities she could add in terms of enhancing the picture she had just created. Ideas plummeted into her subconscious like bowling balls hammering viciously into pins.

Of course. She set the smallest paint brush to the side and reached over to grasp ahold of a paint brush a size larger. It was brand new, for she hadn’t used it before. The tiny, detail one she had, but that was only because it was more useful for the specific things she had painted the last few days.

With the paintbrush gripped firmly in between her index finger and her thumb, she proceeded to dip it into the blue paint she had made and squirted onto the wooden palette a few bells before. She moved her wrist in circular motions, making sure that the bristles of the tool soaked up as much pigment as it would allow. Once she was satisfied, she turned back to her painting and started to paint again, stroking lines across the canvas in hectic ways, but haste wasn’t in her dictionary. She never considered herself to be hasty. In no way was anything she did accidental or misguided. They were thought over, mulled about, dwelled upon before being done or said. Everything she did was important and everything of those things had a part in her life. She was a very spiritual person. Not in the way most people would be with religion and believing in gods and goddesses, but in the way that she believed in herself and the creativity of others and the imagination the world could have if they took a few moments to breath and spill those thoughts out loud.

She didn’t even take a break before she saw that several blue lines were scattered throughout the canvas. She was creating art in the concept of abstract alignments and she liked it. She couldn’t help but smiling gingerly, her teeth pulling at her dry, chapped lips.

“Yes,” she murmured before reaching to grab the next brush to use. However, as she was doing this a noticeable clattering noise was heard from her window. At first she just shrugged it off, blaming the sound on her imagination or hallucination. She was prone to both and that was never said lightly. Although, the noise persisted, eventually to such a point that it had aggravated the artist to such an extent as to explore what the deal was.

She got up from her seated position and walked over to the window only to find that nothing was there. She returned back to her desk, but as soon as she took a seat the sound started up again.

“What the petch?” she shouted, quickly standing up and rushing towards her front door. She was on the bottom floor and only a door away from the main doors to the apartment complex. She blundered through them so that she was faced with the outside weather and the torment it brought with it.

Reality.
Last edited by Vinn on May 2nd, 2014, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry to everyone I happen to be threading with at the moment, but I will be inactive for a week or two due to school work and soccer tournaments.
Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Character sheet
Plotnotes

In New Company

Postby Vinn on March 30th, 2014, 6:23 am

49th of Spring, 514 AV
Vinn's Apartment

It wasn’t an inharmonious sound per say, but it was irritating enough to pierce the artist’s eardrums and scrape against her patience. It sounded like small pebbles being chucked at a window, not hard enough to cause much damage, but enough that a few small scratches were probable to be left behind as a reminder.

“Where are you, you little petching shykes!” she shouted to no one in particular. She was just fed up with everyone. She didn’t understand as to why that was other than the fact that she was still tired from all the travelling she did. She just couldn’t accept the fact that she had made it to a new city all by herself. Well, almost. She did have the accompaniment of those so called friends of hers. However, her statement still stood its ground, and firmly.

Finally the noise subsided, but was quickly replaced with the presence of a black bird. More specifically, it was a raven, very large in size with feathers as black as the night with shimmers of purple and blue found throughout. Its beak was stark dark, sharp and pointing in her direction. Its eyes were orbs of coal staring into her soul as she fought hard to breathe.

It wasn’t that she was afraid of birds, no. She wasn’t afraid of anything besides being entirely alone in a world of nothing, a void. She was just startled, which she hated to admit on most occasions. This was not one of those occasions. She out right admitted it, saying, “Ya scared me birdy,” with a tone that resembled that of a growl.

“What d’ya want from me?”

The bird merely blinked twice and cocked its head to the side. Vinn did the same, tilting her the opposite way as she searched for any clues as to the creatures gender. She was not let down as it became clear the bird was a male.

“So, yer a guy, eh? Well, why don’t you scram! Get out of here!” she yelled, using her hands as a weapon. She splayed out her fingers so that they looked like starfishes and shook them in the air, moving her arms in a motion of frantic need. She looked idiotic, stupid and she was well aware of that.

What the petch are ya doin’? Just leave it alone and it will leave you alone. She left it alone and started to walk away, but the raven flew over her head and landed in her path. She grit her teeth and ground her molars.

“Get the petch out of my way,” she seethed through lips that were barely separated. “I said move you petchin’ bird!”

She ran at it, placing one foot in the other until she was at high speed, realising she only needed to make a distance of about a few yards. She stopped short, the heels of her shoes scraping against the stony ground.

The bird didn’t even flinch. He remained in his spot, prone to everything in the world. Vinn sighed after rolling to a halt. She ran her fingers through her hair before pulling on her bangs. “I’ve got nothin’ fer you,” she told him. “I don’t know why yer still here, birdy.”

It simply cocked its head to the left and blinked rapidly for a few seconds. It was going to be a long day.

Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Character sheet
Plotnotes

In New Company

Postby Vinn on March 30th, 2014, 6:36 am

49th of Spring, 514 AV
Vinn's Apartment

For some strange reason, an epiphany ignited itself inside her brain. She thought up a grand scheme, a name more than anything. It wasn’t necessarily a scheme, but for Vinn, everything was evil in its own little way, smouldering against the line that bordered creative and mischievous. She loved her train of thought, always rumbling away on the tracks that weren’t really there, weren’t really keeping the train in motion. It was more a figure of speech, but one she didn’t take lightly.

Everything was real to her. The words people said hit her hard and made her think. She was always ready for a comeback no matter how the situation was meant to be perceived.

She was always hostile at first glance. Her initial impression was fight first and ask questions later. She wasn’t aggressive per say, more like independent and tenacious. This is how she felt right now as she stared down the bird with a glare so intense it could have caused holes to be burnt in the ground barely inches from the birds claws.

“What?” she suddenly shouted, narrowing her eyes. That epiphany she had had consisted of a name, and that name had come to her on a whim of imagery and intellect. Why not Aero? The name held no meaning other than the fact that he flew, much like an arrow did. Why not mix it up so that it was inventive, portraying the type of character she was internally?

“Aero,” she said aloud, scanning her surroundings for any eavesdroppers. She didn’t want to appear mad in front of any passive locals. “That’s your name. Take it or leave it.” She crossed her arms over her chest, the breasts she had almost entirely flat.

The raven cocked his head to the other side this time and opened his mouth slightly. A pallid pink tongue stuck out, causing a giggle to boil to the surface of Vinn’s throat. She managed to stifle it with the back of her hand before saying hello to the creature, waving the flag of defeat.

“You caught me. If you won’t leave, then I suppose I’mma keep ya, alright?”

She opened the door to the apartment complex and stepped through. Stunningly, the bird did the same. He opened his wings, which was a large span might be said, and flew through the door that had been gracefully opened for him. He didn’t stop flying until he was in front of Vinn’s private door.

“Been stalkin’ be birdy?” she asked him before taking out the key she tucked down her trousers. “How you know where I live, ‘nyways?”

She turned the handle on the door and released the chilling cold of captivity that was inside. It fled out in a wave of curiosity, checking the corners for intruders before embracing their owner with a chilling embrace.

“This be my room Aero,” she said to the raven before closing the door behind her. “Yer welcome to stay.” What was she saying? Oh, right. She was mad, wasn’t she?

“I could really use the company.” That’s right. She was lonely and a pet bird (because that’s normal, right?) felt like a good idea, at least for the time being.

“But under one rule,” she mentioned abruptly. “You listen to me.” She could have sworn she saw the creature nod, but again, she was mad. She always had been and that was just fine and dandy with her.

She decided that now that her adventure for the day was over with, she would return back to work, painting the canvas of vast amounts of abstract she could muster from her brain out her fingertips.

“Care you watch?” She didn’t wait for the response that would never come before taking the paint brush in between her fingers and resuming her passion.

Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Character sheet
Plotnotes

In New Company

Postby Trickster on April 23rd, 2014, 4:02 am

Hey there, sorry for the wait!
Here are your treats~♪ :D

Experience

Skill XP Earned
Painting 2
Observation 2
Animal Husbandry 1

Lores

Holding One's Breath toKeep Straight Lines
Control While Painting: Cupping the Elbow
Painting: A Box of Red, and Lines of Blue
Interrupted by a Raven
A Name Born of Epiphany: Aero
Aero: A New Companion

Notes :
First thing: check the dates of your templates... they are all mixed up... ^^'
I must say, I was able to sort of picture Vinn through your descriptions of her and the actions you gave her. ^^ That, and I love your template. ;)

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Happy writing~♪

d
d
d
Trickster
Be slow, be quick, be witty, be wary

Words: 89487
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 1
Artist (1)