[Falyndar Quest] Eyes In The Shadows (Fall, 510 AV)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Rage on September 1st, 2010, 9:47 am

Players: 3-5

Date: 35th of Fall, 510 AV
Duration: Up to 30 in-game days (depending on the actions of the PCs)

Introduction:
The summer rains have passed and the jungle slowly returns back to its normal state before the flooding of the Basin. Myrians come out of their city in force to check the land for the changes Makutsi's torrential downpours have brought. Scouting parties are organized to scour the land, reestablishing old trails and ensuring that here have been no breach by trespassers into Falyndar's borders.

A couple of weeks into this activity and it was discovered that there have been disappearances among a number of fangs who have been assigned to patrol the northern part of the Kandukta Basin. Those affected by this occurence were usually small groups, two to three people in size, and those that vanish among their numbers are never seen again. There are gaps between the disappearances, five days being the shortest, and it only happens in a particular area near the Basin. The disappearances often occured at night, though there have been reports of it happening during the day when the victim was alone.

Due to the Myrian military spread too thin scouting the different parts of Falyndar, Scout Leader Heda of the Creeping Vines has recruited able-bodied individuals from the populace to help discover the cause of the disappearances. She has assigned Gamal to assist the group, a Myrian scout who is the sole survivor of the previous group that was sent to do the initial investigation.

NPC:
ImageGamal is the surviving member of a small group of Myrians tasked to find out what had been causing the disappearances. They have discovered the range of the stomping grounds of whatever creature that is responsible, but in the process, their numbers were whittled down until only he remained. He has witnessed the last of his party being pulled into the vegetation without a sound, though granted this was observed from a distance. He tried following the creature but realized it must be using the Basin to hide underwater.

The man is in a vengeful spirit however and would like nothing more than kill whatever it is that killed his old group, making him careless, thus one among those recruited must serve as group leader to keep him in check. He is familiar with the area to be explored and will obey the orders diligently. His mental state however, indicates he would take the first chance he could to kill the murderer of his group if the opportunity presented itself.

NPC Information :
Gamal - Myrian scout

Blow Dart - 35
Detection - 30
Climbing - 25
Hand Axe - 27
Hunting - 42
Poison - 21
Scouting - 49
Stealth - 20
Swimming - 21
Tracking - 49

Rage's Notes:
Interested players (those currently in Taloba) can post in this thread if they would like to join. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. Up to five PCs can join, depending on the skill sets of the first three players to sign up.
Last edited by Rage on September 12th, 2010, 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Corvo on September 1st, 2010, 10:28 am

I'd like to sign up. :D
Corvo
You trying to steal my fruit?

Words: 25716
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2010, 8:02 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zarriiph on September 1st, 2010, 4:03 pm

I'd like to join in :D
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those
who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Zarriiph
The Crimson Fang

Words: 8416
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 4:21 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Rage on September 2nd, 2010, 3:23 pm

Accepted, both.

We just need one or three more before I put up the thread. I'll wait until the end of the week to put it up.

Anyone else interested can drop a line here.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Rage on September 5th, 2010, 9:37 am

If no one else will join, the quest will start weekend next week (Sep. 11-12).

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Leviathan on September 6th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Sign Sheika up. I will make sure I have time to get to this, even if the rest of my PCs somewhat drop off the face of Mizahar because of it.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Rage on September 7th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Good stuff.

Anyone still interested may still sign up until I put up the thread.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Rage on September 12th, 2010, 10:49 am

The quest has begun. Anyone else interested in joining can post a reply here before the first round of posting is done in the actual thread. Applications after time that will not be entertained any more.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Rage on September 12th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Zuzana has been added to the list of participants.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office