Closed Another Sliver another Brawl (Raven Nightfoot)

Another brawl in the Silver Sliver, but better.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Another Sliver another Brawl (Raven Nightfoot)

Postby Kyodaija on November 6th, 2013, 7:22 pm

15th of Fall, 513 AV.

The tavern was having a busy night. Kyo was sitting at the bar with his back against the wall as usual. Nobody typically bothered talking to him, but it was becoming well known to his potential work clients that this was his main dive. Even to the degree that he was considering making an arrangement with the owner of the tavern to advertise it a bit.

But for now he enjoyed another swig of his favored Silver Sliver ale. He glanced about and noticed a couple thuggish looking humans and some woman coming in through the front door...

She looked very familiar...
Last edited by Kyodaija on November 6th, 2013, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raven Nightfoot on November 6th, 2013, 7:43 pm

The door to the tavern swung open and in the doorway stood the black leather clad Raven, hand on her hip as her amber eyes observed the tavern's crowd, looking them over for any targets. As her scan reached the bar she noticed a very familiar looking hulk of scarred muscle and a smirk crossed her face as she made her way over to him, hips swaying naturally with each step attracting both whistles and stares from some of the men.

"Looking for me?" she teased as she took a seat on the stool beside the large man, she leaned her back against the bar, her arm laid across it and her legs crossed as she turned to smile at him from the side, a curious look on her face. "So, you here for work, or leisure?" she asked, her eyebrow quirking up quizzically as she wondered whether her acquaintance had anything planned for the night, or rather anything that she could capitalise on.

Raven and Kyo had already teamed up twice with the goal of ridding people of their valuables and both had gone quite swimmingly, so Raven had to admit that he was more than useful as a partner in crime. She looked him over, eyeing each scar and wondering how he'd gotten them.
Raven Nightfoot
You Don't Know What You Have Until I Take It

Words: 252545
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kyodaija on November 7th, 2013, 3:19 am

Only a moment later he realized it was the thief Raven waltzing into the bar with the usual whistles and turned eyes at her passing. She pointedly made her way to Kyo's side and sat down in the stool next to him (a thing very very few humans had dared to do since he had taken up residence in the bar) prostrating her figure.

While he had little real interest in human women. He could see the comparison between other humans he had seen in the city, it was clear she was a cut above the rest and used this to her advantage.

He noted the fact that she seemed to be eyeing one of his larger scars on his arm, one he had for many decades.

"I got that ssscar from a burly man long before you were born mossst likely..." He paused a moment and considered telling her he his Dahni power to shapeshift. But realized that would likely end their business relationship (he was unable to turn into a human back then). "I wasss out in the wildsss trying to make my own, and sssome banditsss found me and attacked. I barely managed to sssurvive the assssault, I killed the man that drove hisss axe into my ssside..." he lifted up his armor to reveal a large scar covering most of his hip. "I lopped the foolsss head off with hisss own axe!" Kyo laughed with delight at the thought.

"One of them sssliced my arm where you sssee that ssscar." Finally indicated the one in question on his arm. "I barely managed to defeat the remaining banditsss before sssuccumbing to my woundsss..."

Abruptly a group of 5 men came up to them. with rather grim expressions on their faces. One of them appeared somewhat familiar. Having an angry look about him. The man drunkenly said aloud ""Yur the giant and that girl at done robbeded me and my mates the other day!... HiC!" He stumbled a bit after the hiccup.

Kyo realized what kind of situation was about to unwind and decided it best to get the first hit in. Swigging down the final gulp of his beloved Silver Sliver ale, he swang the mug full force at the inebriated mans head. Shattering the glass and laying him low into a drunken slumber.

Kyo stood up then and met the gazes of each of the remaining four men in turn, meaning to show them without a doubt that if a fight was what they wanted he was willing and ready...

The men stood back intimidated at first... Not knowing how to react to this massive armored 6 foot 8 tall mountain of muscles and scars. Clearly his business was murder and battle.

And the doors were open for business.
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raven Nightfoot on November 7th, 2013, 8:33 am

Kyo seemed to notice her eyeing his scars and began to explain how he'd got them, so he'd been attacked by a GROUP of bandits and survived, no, not only had he survived but he'd fought back. She smirked as her curiosity was sated for the moment although there were still lots of things she wanted to know about the massive warrior, but she figured she'd find out in good time.

"Wait, what do you mean before I was born? How old are y-" she was interrupted by the group of drunkard men before she could finish her question. Raven turned her gaze casually from Kyo to the men, with a look of amusement in her eyes, although she did not shift from her position at all.

"Yur the giant and that girl at done robbeded me and
my mates the other day!... HiC!"

"I'm sorry honey but you're mistaken, it must have been a different 'giant and girl'." she answered as her eyes danced over the group of men, checking to see if there was anything worth stealing on them. The leader of the pack was about to respond to her when out of nowhere a mug was broken against his head knocking him out cold.

Raven looked over at Kyo slightly surprised at the suddenness of the attack, she might have been able to diffuse the situation before it became a fight but now it was too late. The entire tavern had fallen into silence the moment Kyo's attack had landed, it's inhabitants watching the commotion, some with excited looks and others with annoyed ones. A few people left the tavern already seeing what was approaching.

After a few moments of almost pure silence, the rest of the group of men who had been staring at their knocked out companion returned their gaze to Raven and Kyo, now filled with rage as one of them charged at Raven angrily. Her expression changed from amused to annoyed as she lifted her leg, her foot landing on his chest stopping the charging man and then pushed hard sending the man stumbling back into another table. The man hit the table with a grunt and the drinks resting on the table were spilt causing the men sitting at the table to shout in anger as one of them punched that had caused their drinks to spill and then the tavern brawl ensued, loud roars filling the room as everyone who wanted in jumped to action.

Raven had returned to her casual sitting position as if nothing had happened although she knew she would have to move soon enough, brawling was definitely not for her, it was too mindless and brutish but she would of course defend herself. She recalled several years ago when Aoren had gotten his shoulder cut open in a tavern brawl back in Syliras, a small smirk finding it's way to her face from the recollection.

Her reminiscing was interrupted as a second man charged her causing her to jump off her seat and duck, avoiding the man's swinging fist which instead collided with Kyo's massive muscled arm. "Not the smartest move." Raven said as she stood up beside the man who looked very worried now. Her hand whipped out slapping the man roughly across the face before stomping the man's chest sending him stumbling back in the same manner as his friend and then disappearing into the brawling mob.

Raven figured she'd best get out of the way in case she ended up in the heart of the brawl as well, which would not end well. She might have been acrobatic and good enough at hand to hand combat but neither would help much if she was surrounded by enraged muscled men, she was confident, not stupid.

With that she placed her hand on the bar and jumped up to stand on it as she watched the chaos from a safe position, ducking casually to avoid a flying bottle which smashed against more bottles as it hit the liquor shelves on the wall behind her. She tapped Kyo's shoulder and bent down to whisper(or rather talk since the tavern was very noisy) "Toss one my way now and then." before making her way across the bar hopping off at the end and finding a relatively quiet part of the tavern, she leaned her back against the wall and watched ready to react should anyone came her way.
Raven Nightfoot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kyodaija on November 7th, 2013, 5:41 pm

The man whom had lunged and Raven with reckless abandon swung and missed colliding solidly with Kyo's should instead. This did little to harm Kyo but did much to work him in to a battle mode.

Kyo grabbed the suprised man by the wrist and pulled him toward the bar. He grabbed him simultaneously by the back of his head and slammed his face down into the bar, to which created a dull smacking sound as his nose most likely shattered. Kyo not having completed his move picked the mans head up again and gave him and uppercut in the stomach, causing the man crumple to the ground in pain, receiving a parting kick to the ground by Kyo.

Raven had apparently made her way up onto the bar and was surveying the mess which was the now brawling bar. She bent down then and whispered with her playful coy voice, "Toss one my way now and then." as she trotted over to a safer spot in the bar and continued to survey the room, to which Kyo roared with laughter at the site.

He lunged in suddenly at the other 2 men remaining in the initial group, catching them by suprise as he tackled both of them to the ground, hooking his arms around their necks as they descended to the ground. He slammed them down hard winding one while the other held firmly managing to wiggle a bit out of Kyo's arm lock.

Kyo abondoned his grip on the winded man and grabbed the other instead aiming to put the man in a hold. The man had experience in wrestling it would seem though and managed to wiggle free of the massive mans grasp. Probably better he had left himself vulnerable as he instead found a stool lain painfully into his right leg by the still advancing monster (Kyo).

This managed cause the man to lose balance and Kyo took the opportunity to smash the stool into the mans face, shattering it in the process.

The other man began to rise but before he could do that, Kyo came crashing down on top of him leading in with his elbow, which he drove painfully into the mans stomach knocking the wind out of him again and drawing a bit of blood from his elbow spike. Kyo went to stand up but a stool came crashing down on his helmeted head (perhaps saving him from most of the damage). While several men began to kick into his sides on the ground.

Kyo would not take the disgrace for long though and rose up regardless punching one of the men into a nearby table which promptly shattered at the sheer weight.

Kyo laughed aloud, again wading into the frey.
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raven Nightfoot on April 21st, 2014, 9:51 am

The dark haired woman silently watched the brutality from her relatively safe position in the corner of the tavern, the giant of a man known as Kyo really was a monster in battle. Every brutal attack the man unleashed caused Raven to wince at the sheer violence of it, sure she fought too, but not like that, not with the intent to greatly harm anyone which Kyo seemed to revel in. The best way to describe the difference between Kyo and herself would be that he was bloodthirsty while Raven only fought in self-defence.

Unfortunately an opportunity for self-defence didn't take long to make itself known as one of the many men in the brawl turned his attention to Raven as he leapt from the fray and charged at her, causing her amber eyes to widen in surprise for a moment as she quickly ducked out of his way and under a nearby table before casually popping up on the other side. "Really? There's a brawl going on and you target the lone woman in the corner." she spat, feeling a bit more safe with the table between her and the attacker. That didn't last long though as the man shouted and threw the table to the side, earning him another look of surprise from Raven at his sheer anger, causing her to take a precautionary step back as he lunged at her again.

Once again she ducked down and out of the man's way, or so she thought, she quickly realised her avoidance attempt had failed as she felt a rough hand grab the back of her hair making her let out a muffled squeal as the man tugged roughly, sending her slamming into the tavern's wall with her back, a loud grunt escaping her lips as the pain hit. As much as she would have liked to have a moment for a breather, she was well aware that this was neither the time or place, so after only a second the young woman tried to dart away from the man, only to be slammed back into the wall with a stomp to the abdomen, this time making her let out a pained scream as the wind was knocked out of her. Raven was built for speed not endurance, she couldn't take much more hits like this and expect to remain in fighting condition.

"Petch this." she muttered through bare teeth as her head raised to look the man in the eyes, her dark hair blocking most of her view as it hung in front of her face. Amber orbs glowing with anger as she roughly grabbed the man's foot which still had her lithe form pinned to the wall, "You wanna fight girls huh? Then let's both be girls." she shouted as her leg shot up, delivering a hard boot to the man's groin and earning her a high pitched squeak from the man as the pain become beyond evident, she released her grip on his foot and watched him crumple to the ground holding his crotch as he balled up, a smirk of satisfaction on her face.

Raven ran a hand through her dark hair, removing it from her eyes as it obediently fell back into it's usual neat position and she dusted herself off, mainly the big dusty boot mark on the front of her black leather corset. Her stomach back and head still hurt from the onslaught and it was obvious that the tavern brawl was far from over. With that in mind, Raven decided it was time to respectfully bow out, but not before delivering a spiteful kick to the downed man, just out of anger for attacking her. The woman crouched down beside the man as she began searching his pockets, soon finding his coins with little resistance. She stood up with her loot in hand and made her way toward the bar so she could sneak around the edges of the tavern to escape, but not before stealing from another two downed men as she did.

Reaching the bar and seeing that the swarm of brawling men seemed as concentrated in the middle as ever, she jumped onto it and looked down on the fighting mass, Kyo seemed to be enjoying himself in the fray, but again, he was a monster. "Definitely time to go." she said to herself as she darted across the counter, leaping into the air and over a man, only to land with her foot against another man's back sending him flying out of the way and she ducked her way out of the tavern doorway and into the cool night air. A loud sigh of relief escaped her red painted lips as she began casually making her way away from the tavern, holding her stomach with one hand as the pain was still evident. That was definitely going to bruise.
Raven Nightfoot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Catastrophe on May 5th, 2014, 12:28 am

Raven :
Skills

• Observation: 2 XP
  • Socialization: 3 XP
  • Brawling: 1 XP
  • Larceny: 1 XP
  • Acrobatics: 1 XP
  • Unarmed Combat: 1 XP

Lores

• Dodging Attacks During a Brawl
  • A Kick to the Groin Never Fails!
  • Looting a Drunken Brawler

Loot

• +1.5 mizas from tavern looting

Notes :
I enjoyed reading this thread Raven! I urge you to keep it up and send me a private message if you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade! I don't bite, I swear! :)
Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office