Closed Sorcerer's Got Your Tongue

Cynnya is affected by magic...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Sorcerer's Got Your Tongue

Postby Cynnya on January 13th, 2014, 2:02 am

5th of Winter, 513 AV

The ordeal of yesterday's events had left Cynnya feeling not only scared and perplexed, but exhausted. For once, she slept the night through rather than staying up at night and sleeping during the day. This was sure to mess with her sleep schedule, but for at least a couple of days she would be acting like any normal person. Hopefully she would be able to return to her nocturnal state soon enough.

She rolled over as the first rays of winter sun peeked through the window of her dorm room and noticed that once again her roommate was gone. They hadn't been in the same room at the same time for days and she wondered if her roommate was even in the school anymore. Oh well, she enjoyed having the room to herself and would rather her roommate disappeared forever. Annoying mage girl.

As she opened her eyes and stretched cat-like on her bed, a solitary thought pushed to the forefront of mind. 'Ms. Loris can help me. She knows how to find the one who framed me. I should seek her out.' Cynnya sat up straight as if suddenly startled awake. The events of yesterday flooded her mind in a moment of clarity and she put her head into her hands for a moment to think. How in the world...no, who in the world would do such a thing to her and to the Asylum? Why would someone frame her, of all people? She had no motivation other than being wary of people who practice magic and she had no desire to hurt anyone unless she was protecting herself. Shyke, even when she was hunting in her ocelot form she would only kill to eat and silently thanked her prey for giving up their life so that she might live. It just wasn't in her to harm another living thing for no reason.

"Ms. Loris can help me. She knows how to find the one who framed me. I should seek her out," the words came unbidden to her lips as her thought process was interrupted. For some reason she couldn't get that thought to leave her mind and she felt the urge to find Ms. Loris again which perplexed her further. She didn't recall liking the woman very much, in fact she felt yesterday that the woman was not to be trusted. Yet here she was, getting dressed and barely combing her hair to rush out the door and find this predatory woman. Just before she left her room, she grabbed her eating knife and slipped it into her pants. It wasn't much, but it was all she had to defend herself besides switching into her ocelot form. She still didn't trust Ms. Loris even if every fiber of her being was forcing her out the door and towards the Asylum.

She had intended to never go near the place again, but her feet took her out of the University and in that direction unbidden. She wasn't sure she would find Ms. Loris there, but it was the only place she knew to look since it was the only place she had ever seen the detestable woman. Her heart beat fast and she couldn't stop thinking that this was all some horrible dream and she would wake up at nightfall to go see Halin'a again. The broad daylight and the chill of winter couldn't shake her out of this strange desire to find Ms. Loris and she walked briskly through the streets, hoping against hope that Ms. Loris was in fact just outside the Asylum and she wouldn't have to enter the dread place.

{ made by ally of thesintax and rpgd, please leave this credit intact }

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Halin'a on January 13th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Halin'a was awake, but that wasn't unusual. He rarely needed to sleep, but when he did, he usually slept through the day. However, the events of the night before had refused to leave his mind, and with a troubled mind came restless feet. Halin'a had made sure to grab his scimitar, securing it to the scabbard that belted around his waist, before he left. The uneasiness from the end of their meeting the night before with Loris lingered, and he figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

Halin'a didn't usually venture out during the day; it wasn't that he was ashamed of his mortal seeming, or that he was afraid to walk in the sunlight. It was that the day was ruled by Syna, and Halin'a, as a son of Leth, felt awkward and out-of-place in the daylight.

The Ethaefal had been wandering for only a few bells before he spotted Cynnya moving through the crowd. That's odd, he thought, cautiously moving to follow her. He'd only met Cynnya at night before, and he'd gotten the impression that she was a purely nocturnal person. The Kelvic appeared to be moving toward the Asylum, and Halin'a frowned. Why would she be going back to the place she'd been accused of nearly destroying?
Avatar by me; based off of this picture
Halin'a
Player

Words: 65334
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Cynnya on January 20th, 2014, 2:32 pm

While Cynnya's destination was the main thought that dominated her activity at the moment, she was still aware of her surroundings. It didn't hurt that Halin'a was almost directly in her path to the Asylum. A brief smile reached her lips as she spotted her friend who had been so supportive the day before. "Hello Halin'a!" she called, but could not pause for long. As quickly as her smile came, it vanished and monotone words came unbidden to her lips. "Ms. Loris can help me. She knows how to find the one who framed me. I should seek her out."

With that, she brushed past Halin'a and into the Asylum, shuddering slightly as she did so. However, once she stepped inside, as much as the singular thought in her mind wanted her to find Ms. Loris, she had no clue where to start in the imposing building. Well, there was the front desk. She strode up to where the sign-in was for the Asylum and cleared her throat to get the attention of the weary looking clerk sitting behind the wooden wall. "Can I help you?" the clerk drawled, barely looking up from whatever she was writing on. "Yes, um, where can I find Ms. Loris?" Cynnya asked, wishing that there was someone else, anyone else besides the dreaded woman who could help her. "Wait here," the clerk said, obviously annoyed that she had to actually get up and do work. The clerk stood up and vanished behind a series of doors, supposedly to get Ms. Loris.

{ made by ally of thesintax and rpgd, please leave this credit intact }

My student teaching has been completed successfully and I am so excited to roleplay again! Message me if interested in starting a plot!
Cynnya
Player

Words: 38134
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Halin'a on May 5th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Halin'a was a bit shocked at the brush-off, to be honest. He and Cynnya weren't friends, but he'd thought that perhaps they were close enough acquaintances to share a few moments' conversation. And then there was the strange, flat tone with which she'd announced her intentions to seek out Ms. Loris. Intrigued and a bit concerned, especially after remembering the events of the night before, Halin'a followed Cynnya. He approached Cynnya, coughing to announce his presence. He felt even more out-of-place here; he had no talent in magic.

"So," he began conversationally, "why do you need to find Ms. Loris? How do you think she can help you find who framed you?"
Avatar by me; based off of this picture
Halin'a
Player

Words: 65334
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes