[flashback Will Alaine] location The Slag Heap

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[flashback Will Alaine] location The Slag Heap

Postby Will Alaine on September 15th, 2010, 1:45 am

12th day of Fall 510AV
Nights in the cave were never pleasant. Three fingers Clod had inhabited this cave for as long as Will could remember. The Cave was actually a portion of unsuccessful mining that had been tunnelled some hundred yards into the side of a hill still in sight of the Slag Heap. The cave housed Three fingers Clod and all of Clods Dodges as they were called by most of the seedier element of Sunberth. Clods Dodges were a dozen or so orphaned waifs kept by Clod for the sole purpose of exploiting them in every way possible.Clod was a monster. Lonnie, Wills younger "sister" as the orphans refered to one another, lay close to Will weeping uncontrolably. Lonnie was ten and was vainly trying to pull together what was left of her garment to cover her otherwise expossed frame.
"Are you OK lonnie" Will asked tenderly knowing that she wasn't. Will felt helpless and wanting to comfort the poor trembling child, crept to her side and covered her with his blanket. Thats when Clod attacked.
"Leif err be yer likkle basstard"
Will bounced off of Clods first kick absorbing the force of the blow by rolling backwards to his feet but Clod was on him to quickly for Will to run. Will aimed a kick for Clods cods but the fist of Clod caught him square on the chin knocking him sensless. Blackness closed in on Will like a shroud
Conciousness returned to Will. He was still lying face down in the grime where Clod had left him, dirt and blood filled a portion of his mouth. Will Alaine began to take a mental inventory of the aches and pains he felt over several areas of his body. He could here Clods raspy voice speaking in the drunken slur that was Clods only language. The sound of the voice that answerd Clod chilled Wills blood to the bone.
"Er then Chub's, wat duh ye tink the boy el bring up on the block?"
"Ha master Three fingers I've several clients with particular tastes when it comes to young and slender atrractive boys, watch that you dont break anything on him or he'll bring a lower price"
Will listened as a deal was brokered between Chub's the slaver and his master Clod. Money exchanged hands and Chub's, whistling all the while went his merry way back to his slavers den.
Will who hadn't moved a muscle up until now adjusted himself ever so carefuly to follow Clods actions. Clod looking around warily went to the wall of the cave and removed a cleverly concealed cubby hole by sliding out what looked to be an attached piece of stone. He slipped the bag of coins into a bigger bag and carfuly replaced the stone. Clod then retired to his cot and drank himself to sleep.
The moon moved slowly past the mouth of the cave and when the cresendo of Clod's drunken snoring reached the apex of its overture, Will Alaine silently roused himself and finding the exact stone that Clod had moved opened the makeshift safe. Inside was a small fortune in Mizas and a rusty punch dagger.
Clod shifted on the pallet and the snoring ceased. "Arrr ye likkle teif stop er I'll pull yer gut out tru yer nostrils" Wills feet sprouted wings as he fled the cave for his life with Clods curses being hurled from the mouth of the cave. The last thing Will heard was, "Yer dead da ye ears me dead!"
As Will continued running towards the heart of the city, he silently swore to himself,"I'll come back for you my brothers and sisters, I vow I will return and avenge us all"
Will Alaine
Player

Words: 4290
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2010, 5:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet