Searching for comfort [Satu]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Sorian on June 22nd, 2010, 10:30 am

Now that she had seen him free, what then? She had gotten what she wanted. It seemed to him like it was some grave mistake to have given her the chance to see him, because the moment he uttered his words she pulled up her gentler mood and prepared to attack. It made him stop dead in his tracks for a minute or two.

If he got even a little bit scared, Navis didn't show it at all. Watching how Satu twirled her deadly weapons in her lithe dainty hands almost made him gag and roll his eyes with foiled embarrassment. Not knowing what to do now, he threw both his hands into air, as if he was just giving up in frustration, more preoccupied with his own dilemma than her threatening stances.
"What in the hell am I going to do with you?! You don't react the way I want you to, you can't understand what we're all about, and I can't understand you either!" He cussed exasperatingly at her. His attempt to gain something reactive was an epic failure, to put it simply, and when she became aggressive he didn't really like it. His tone shifted very quickly from one emotion to another, and he was overdue for a verbal rampage. "What is your name again? Satu, was it? Look Miss Satu, as you can see, I am injured, cold and hungry, not to mention agitated! If you're not going to say anything good, then I might as well leave if you don't! You speak of separating us? Me controlling him? Making him disappear?! Even if... UGH!" A pause, then a ball of spit was thrown into the ground. There was a serious moment of mental struggle before he spat out his words. "Pffah! We... We need each other! We are basically equal in everyway! Now, I'm not emotionally retarded like him, but still!"

He was incredibly flustered now, so flustered that a hint of his reddening heat was apparent in his blue face. He was now nagging like some sort of big brother or an angry wife, and it shamed him to the bone. Navis could feel the stress creeping up his nerves like how the chill did on Satu's spine. His breaths turned heavy and without composure. He just wanted to go home to some nice cave somewhere else and be done with the day.
"I just... URGH! WE, yes, WE just wanna go freaking home! Don't you have somewhere else to go to?!"
Sorian
The wheels of life have slowly fallen off

Words: 202697
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Satu on June 26th, 2010, 6:47 am

Interrupted by the man’s Frustrations, Satu allowed her wrists to slow the suvai in their rotations. Still resolute in her defensive stance, the blades lowered a fraction. The Konti puzzled by his mood, held no lingering aggravations of her own regarding their exchanges. She had after all, gotten what she had desired from the Akalak. His Strength now filled her Heart and the Konti was satiated and content to observe and listen to his rant. Like multi-colored fireworks, his Heart gave a show of rainbow-vibrant outbursts, as one emotion after another surfaced and she let the weapons lower further.

“As for me, I will go where I go…” It was no answer, but she had none. The need for a home had not crossed her mind since she had so recently begun wandering. Mura was no longer a home to her. So much had changed and the other Konti were sure not to understand Satu’s new views on life. “Perhaps I shall spend out my days in the forest…,” she believed the lie. “It is like home now.”

“You will do nothing with me, of course…” she said, glancing at his injury as if seeing it for the first time. Looking out of place, a little frown crossed her smooth face and she nodded her head, as if coming to some momentous, mental decision. With the suvai still clutched in her hands, she moved briskly to retrieve her belongings. “You sound like an old, nagging human. That is terribly disappointing, Akalak. Yet, you are still the Stronger, and He is not… I hold hope for you even now.” She could not kill him while he carried the strong will like a treasure within him. And in this moment he was safe, Satu would not act forcibly.

Roughly, Satu pulled out her tent and bent low as she held her weapon in a stabbing position, and began to slash into the fabric with one of her suvai. Roughly a hole emerged in the punctured material. Turning the blade slightly, she held it firmly as she ripped downwards, pulling towards her, slicing the fabric into pieces and pulling it apart. She looked up, “He is holding you back…” Another stab! “Why you wish to keep Him is beyond me…! A need for one another…” she mumbled, frowning as she ripped more fabric! “I would cut him out!” Focused, she stabbed and sliced the tent into pieces.

When she was finished, she stood holding up thick strips of material. One was a raggedy square shape and the rest were longer strips. “If you want these… If you want your injury bound…” she said, her face softening prettily in the lightening filled skies. “You must tell me. You must ask for what you need.”

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Sorian on June 27th, 2010, 8:53 am

Her vision remained surreal in his pasted eyes, but she was definitely more mortal now than she had been before. Despite the mechanized quality of her actions and movements, she had finally let go of the stern, stoic look that so intimidated him and infused him with a cornered feeling. Softer lines can now be seen, and kinder words heard. It was more than enough for Navis to tone down a bit.

Yes, he did sound like a nagging human, and the thought bitterly made him click his tongue. He has been spending so much time away from civilization, was it all for naught? The very word human brought so many red flags beaming inside his brain, but what could he do besides act as he really was, which was flustered and afraid? Rare were the times when he felt like danger was more powerful than he. Mighty conqueror of the grasslands that he was, he was not at home in the suffocating confines of the forest, of the cave, of Satu's lingering presence. A wraith, perhaps she was just that more than anything else.

Navis felt a bit sorry for the tent as he watched how she tore, ripped and skinned it into bits. It could have very easily been him and his meaty body, and a sigh of relief was in order. There was a subliminal fear inside him of death; he was a selfish creature through and through, aiming for self-preservation above all else.

He looked dubiously at Satu.
"Tend to my wounds? You?" She could have ruptured him open for dead for all he knew, but now she was telling him to ask for what he wanted. He already has; he just wants to go home somewhere warm and comfortable, without the nagging threat that Satu posed. The gesture would have been met with rebuke at any other time, but he really needed it. "Grr... Fine. Do patch me up."

It seemed that she was still konti after all, aside from the looks, the curves and the aura. She seemed more dead to him than alive, but the time was not now to peruse into her own business.

Or was it?

He removed his covering arm and laid bare his injuries for her whim's satisfaction. A growl of warning, then some words of a malcontent kind
"What happened to you, woman?" The voice was--surprisingly--sincere, if for the fact that he was also concerned for the safety of his hide.
Sorian
The wheels of life have slowly fallen off

Words: 202697
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Satu on July 2nd, 2010, 7:20 am

“You think I can not do it? You think me incapable of patching up a little wound?” Satu challenged, arms full of shredded tent. How difficult it was to stay calm for any length of time! The Akalak’s doubts of her stirred the instability further. Why did others always doubt her! Why were people so blind? Someone would see! Someone would understand, she would show them… something. Satu did not yet know what that something was, but that did not trouble her mind. After all, she was only a Konti girl, a few years from adulthood, even though she carried herself as one much older. There was time for her yet to be understood.

Satu did not look like a typical Konti healer, with her blood stained clothes and her aggressive attitude she seemed the opposite of a helpful healer. But the Akalak’s arm moved and exposed his escaping innards while she bent forward to look. The delicate space between her brows furrowed. It was not good, even to her untrained eyes she knew that. Frowning deeply she said, “It is foolish of you to be so injured, in the middle of the Wildlands.”

Elegantly she moved closer, dropping the strips of cloth next to her as she bent to her knees. At first she watched him, Mistrust coursing through her limbs like a graceful, skittish animal. But as she worked, the feelings fell away and transformed into what appeared to be Caring and Compassion, albeit in a rough edged manner. Though it might have felt real, it was not. Caring was a part that she now played, subconsciously accessing her former self to make it believable.

Taking the square cloth in one hand, she leaned outward and held the fabric in the pouring rain to wet it. Then she placed it over the wound at his abdomen where his organs threatened to appear. That it had bled much, there was no doubt, and traces of bright red still clung around its edges. Loosely and softly she laid the cloth atop the area. Never had she done anything like this before, she had not the training or the inclination back in Mura, but there was mention of such injuries in her general studies when she was younger. “Keep this moist!” she directed.

“Move your arms,” she demanded swatting his thick, blue bicep, before wrapping the first strip of fabric around his lower midsection to secure the square. “What happened to me?” The Konti asked shocked. There was concern in his voice, and he had asked sincerely, which made Satu wonder what he was talking about. “Did you hit your head? Can you not see properly?” The Konti asked, looking down at herself. There was not a scratch on her, she was fine... But somehow the watered down blood stains covering her clothes failed to register in her mind and she did not know what he was talking about. Wrapping more strips about him, she hesitated. Her face looked puzzled and she said slowly so he could understand, “You are the one injured… do you know that? There is nothing wrong with me...”

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Satu on August 25th, 2010, 4:20 am

Wrapping up this thread :). But looking forward to another meeting!

The Akalak was not paying attention! Her words went unheard, and Satu bristled. The need to strike the injured man, and make him respond in some manner, consumed her. But instead of assaulting him, she wrapped the next strip of shredded tent around his torso and secured it with a knot. The wrapping of the makeshift bandages continued, and as the Konti’s dark Agitation built, so did the bindings around his injury became thicker. Pain still lingered and clung about him with its deep claws. “Oh!” Her breath came out sharply when she realized; he was giving into his injuries! They stole him away from her! “Akalak!” she said sharply. “Akalak!” There was no reply. The large man had finally succumbed to his ordeal, and the loss of blood. He breathed heavily in slumber, peacefully oblivious to Satu’s Frustration.

Sitting back on her heels, Satu stared at the blue-hued man. He had given her the Other to see, and the Konti had indeed witnessed and spoken to the man with the Aggressive Heart. It was what she had needed and desired. But still, she felt cheated and tricked. Unsatisfied, her eyes traced along the lines of his body. So many delicate and vital things stored in one so strong, she mused. Muscles, veins and arteries… Roughly she stood, and threw her improvised tools to the side. Pacing about she stewed, wet hair wild about her face, only to return suddenly to kneel before him and study the blueness once more. Leaning in, Satu could hear his breath, entering and exiting. She was so close it danced lightly across her cheek. On his exhale, as the breath dragged, she heard mystery contained within the air, “Use the suavi…”

Her eyes narrowed. In her mind, there was no denying what she had just heard. …And she aspired to do it, to remove him from this place and plane. Let him die for his transgressions! That is what he deserved. Once more, the Konti stood, pacing now as her hands shook. Like a lithe, caged feline, she padded back and forth in the small confines of the cave. He could not stop her. It would be easy. Satu stroked the suvai in their sheaths. She would stop the misery within him! Diving to where the Akalak sat, Satu held the twin suvai crossed at his exposed throat. She laughed out loud at the massive man, he would never know! But before she could kill him, her gaze dropped to look upon her hands. Blood. Blood was on her hands…? They were coated and covered. The more she observed them, the more the digits shook. “Not mine,” she whispered. “It is only his, from his wound, not mine! I am whole and untouched! It is his!” A delicate spasm shook her head, causing her to falter. And she stood, sheathing the weapons. In two steps she was at the edge of the little cave, holding her bloody hands out into the downpour. Fingers spread and the crimson she so wished to be rid of, spattered about her.

The rain, made the most curious pattern in her wild gaze and her eyes tried to follow it. But like the chavi, there was too much to comprehend. A pale hand reached out to touch one drop and then another, while the other hand fell unnoticed to her side. She stared out at the trees, and blinked moisture off her dark lashes. Stooping, Satu grabbed her pack, and without a backwards glance at her adversary and patient, she stepped out into the storm only to disappear into Wildlands.

-End-

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Kelpie on September 15th, 2010, 4:33 am

Satu:: +4 Interrogation, +4 Intimidation, +1 Leadership, +1 Suvai, +1 Inspection, +2 Medicine

Lore: Detecting Lies, Ordering Others Around, Akalak Physique

Sorian: +1 Persuasion, +2 Interrogation

Lore: Konti Pestering, Keeping Wanted Things from Others

Mod Note: Great thread, hopefully you guys can have another! Satu is such a crazy and cute Konti <3
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous