Completed All is Good In The Red Room [Job]

Xen finds that not all individuals can be placated.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

All is Good In The Red Room [Job]

Postby Xen on May 9th, 2014, 6:43 pm

“Spring 21, 514 A.V. ”

Xen gave a great yawn in the quietude of the Red Room, his morning beginning slow. There hadn’t been any customers in some time and his alertness and patience was fading—weakening to the poison that was time. The bells weighed heavily on his mind, why were there no customers…he would not know. Xen places a hand on the delicate sheet resting on the massage bed and passes his hand across the warm fabric. It was moments after he had removed his hand from the sheet did the sound of footsteps reach his ears—a customer was here.

Xen turns to lay his eyes upon his soon-to-be client and notices a constrictor slithering towards him. He could not tell the dhani’s gender, of course, but he could tell when they spoke or hissed in his direction. Xen bows his head slightly with his right hand behind his back and his left hand extended outwards to his side. The constrictor was seemingly impressed by Xen’s welcoming, as a small grin manifests from the corner of its mouth. Xen lifts his head to make eye contact with his client and realizes that the dhani was already staring at him—he could feel ill intent within them.

The constrictor did not seem hostile but Xen knew the constrictors: their actions tend to be inimical in some way. He watches as the constrictor slithers onto the massage table and grabs the towel hanging on the edge of the bed. Xen then spreads the fabric across the constrictors lower back or where he thought the buttocks was. He could never tell at times and with him being tired, he didn’t really care much. In case his client decides to shift into human form, he wouldn’t have to stare at their nude body all day, thanks to the towel.

“Do you give front masssagess?”

A mischievous smirk follows behind the constrictor’s question. This made their intentions very clear. He or she probably did not come for a massage but for something else. Xen felt a tinge of dubiety in the back of his mind but remains calm, knowing that he couldn’t leave the Red Room while on the job. A breath of air escapes Xen’s mouth before he responds.

“We do not provide those kindss of ssservices in the Red Room.”

Xen expresses a look of disgust and disdain. He could imagine Kihlissorayls lifting this constrictor off the table and throwing him or her out of the place. Sadly, his teacher hadn’t been around for sometime: maybe, she had some important business to attend to? Xen felt a bit secure knowing that he had a powerful constrictor as his acolyte. However, the Red Room was his territory for the moment and he would need to watch over it—that means fighting for it and driving troublemakers away. The absence of Kihlissorayls’s presence and his anonymity was like a beacon to these troublesome constrictors.

“Then what do you do here that’sss worth while? ”

Xen felt a twitch in his left eye, his frustration fueled by fatigue rising. He could see this customer was going to be the first of many he would have to kick out of the Red Room. Xen clenches his fist and grits his teeth. This constrictor would dare disgrace his teachers business—he would not stand for it. He will make this constrictor a very unhappy dhani this day.

“We perform physsical therapy and if you don’t like it—you can ssslide on your belly ssomewhere elsse.”
Last edited by Xen on May 26th, 2014, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Xen on May 19th, 2014, 2:34 pm

“Spring 21, 514 A.V. ”

Xen expected wrath to cascade over him like a tidal wave within a storm. Instead, sadness welcomes him and opens the door to its bleak world. The tears that escape the constrictors emerald green eyes brought forth a tinge of regret within Xen—with only his impatience to blame. In an act of kindness and to comfort his large companion: he takes his arms and embraces the dhani. He watches the constrictor as it places its head onto his chest and weeps bitter tears of sorrow. Xen, as calm as he was, could not handle being exhausted for long periods of time: it made him edgy and aggressive. He pats the constrictors back, allowing it to shed all the tears it held. However, was not aware of the long and sylphlike body creating coils around him.

“ I’m ssorry for making you cry. I’m jussst a little tired from waiting, you know? I’m guesssing you’re okay now ssince you’ve sstopped crying. ”

Xen was suddenly enveloped by the constrictors coils! This constrictor was deceitful and smiles. It had enticed him into approaching with fake tears and now had him where it wanted—entrapped. He struggles: trying to get his hands free to gather his djed but the constrictors tightens the muscles within its body, binding him in place. Xen growls and wiggles—all was futile. The constrictor had him and he knew it but refuses to show anxiety or distress. The constrictor raises its head to kiss Xen but Xen bites at the constrictors face—he would not submit easily. A grin creeps around the constrictor face, as it places a hand on Xen’s chest.

“ Let me go! Rrrr! Wait until Kihlisssoraylss getss word of thisss! She’ll make you pay! ”

“ Kihlisssoraylsss? Hmmm… I’ll need to play with you a lot before she comesss after me then? ”

Xen could feel the rage beneath his skin, caressing his bones and scorching muscle from within. A bloodlust accompanies this wrath, it entices him to shift… to embrace it. Xen could sense the wrongness of the sensations he felt, his body quivers. Why was his body acting as if it knew what he did not? This was when Xen finds that something was out of place: it was like a memory was missing, several of them blurred from existence. He tries to retrieve these memories: in an attempt make use of them yet only blurred images and distorted voices of people remained. Xen’s pain and struggle, in some strange way, disturbs the constrictor: as it releases him from its coils and slithers from the Red Room in haste.

Xen sat on the floor with his head throbbing in pain. There were memories that had been altered and for what reason? He couldn’t bare the pain anymore and his tired body wouldn’t allow for any strenuous activities. So, Xen decides to stop for now and would try to reclaim his tampered memories another time—for he was not ready. In the silent cavern Xen was filled with jollity! That beast of a constrictor was gone and he managed to avoid being violated by a constrictor of a questionable gender. Xen places his back against the massage bed, realizing that he could use this moment to relax, and rest his eyes. He figures a little nap while the place was quiet wouldn’t hurt anyone.

I’ll just rest for a chime and only a chime! ” Xen thought

Xen lays back and quickly falls to sleep. This was the only time when all his goals and worries became distant memories. The only moment when all his fears ceased to exist and the beings after his life were nothing more than minor existences. Xen felt whole when he slept and wishes he felt the same way when awake. A chime passes, and then another and inevitably a bell had come and gone. He sat on the Red Room’s floor sleeping as though he hadn’t a care in the world. Indeed, Xen was having a peaceful slumber yet despite this and the privacy of his dream world—he felt he was not alone.

He could feel something with him, lurking beyond the darkness of his dream.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xen on May 26th, 2014, 8:38 pm

“The End ”

Xen wakes up in a cold sweat, his body stiff from being on the hard floor. He had lost track of the flow of time and assumes it was either noon or evening by now. He places a hand on his forehead to mend the slight headache he had. A mere second in the dream world was an hour in the Red Room—how tiresome. Xen wobbles to his feet and stands without realizing the constrictor that was waiting for him on the massage table. He jumps back in surprise! The memory of his previous encounter, just moments ago, was still fresh within his mind.

Xen would forgive but not forget the constrictor, who sought to disrupt his teachers business. He’d have to inform Kihlissorayls when he had the chance to see her or take matters into his own hands. He would be able to teach that constrictor a lesson and have it feel the pain he felt. This spark of agitation stirs something within Xen: it was a familiar feeling yet felt like one that had been banished into the dark recesses of his mind for a reason. Xen then remembers he still had a job to do and places his hands onto his clients back. He feels around for a bit, allowing his senses to become familiar with this constrictors skin.

A giggle from the constrictor made he realize he was tickling her during the process of inspection . Xen blushes slightly and lowers his head in embarrassment—he needed to get things together! Xen places his hands together, as they remained flat on his clients back. He leans on the heels of his palms and applies a mild amount of pressure onto his client’s muscles. A sigh of relief escapes his client’s mouth; he was doing well already? This was strange. Xen did not catch onto this this and carefully strokes upwards. There wasn’t much to massage in this area, her lower back was fine. That and Xen did not like massaging near the buttocks.

He sheepishly made his way up the constrictors back, stroking upwards and downwards as he did so. Once he reached the shoulder blade, he walks around the left side of the table to massage the left portion of his clients back. The session continues once Xen places his hands onto his client’s back and massages. He kneads this time and was sure to avoid poking with his finger nails. Xen rolls his fingers back and forth while moving his hands up and down the constrictors back. There was something odd about this side of the constrictors back. When he applies a bit of pressure, he feels his client flinch.

‘‘I apologize, if this area is too tender. I’ll have let you relax in the warm spring water.’’

Xen gently passes his fingers across the constrictors lower back—feather strokes were essential at the moment. He could feel the tension within her muscles and a few small knots lying close to her spine. Xen could see why she was in so much pain: it looked as though she was punched or struck with a blunt object. The absence of a bruise hid the actual damage which, from Xen could feel, was deep in her muscle tissue. He knew she would have to spend a few minutes or more in warm water to loosen those knots. However, if there was some damage to her muscle tissue, he would try to mend what he could and sooth her pain.

‘‘I’ll need you to sit and relax in the warm water for a few minutes. If you are still sensitive to pressure later then I recommend you rest at home and then come back. I’ll be sure to help you recover and fully.’’

The constrictor said nothing to Xen, his voice was certain and reassuring. She slithers into the warm water and relaxes. Xen walks over to the boiling pool: which held the hot back stones. He was about to prepare them for his client until a burgundy scaled constrictor slithers into the Red Room. Oh boy today was going to be a busy day. Xen walks over to the massage bed and welcomes his guest in the usual manner that he would. The big constrictor slithers onto the massage bed with his arms placed firmly to his sides.

‘‘I just want something basic for today.’’

Xen could tell that this constrictor was male, he had a strong voice. The only basic thing he could think off was placing hot stones onto someone’s back. And Xen did what his mind summoned up. He walks over to the boiling pool of water, grabs the tongs and retrieves two stones from the pool. Xen cools the stones with his breathe and places his free hand beneath them. He places both of the stones between the male constrictors shoulder blades and was sure to have them spaced perfectly apart. Xen allows the four fingers of his hands to cascade over the male’s shoulders and positions his thumbs on the back of them.

Xen then squeezes slightly and then releases his grip. He does this several times to massage into the males shoulders while the hot stones loosen his shoulder blade muscles. It was a long series of chimes before the male was sleeping and the female constrictor was ready to be checked up. Xen removes the stones from the males back and tosses them back into the boiling pool. He hands the female a towel and aids her in drying off with his own towel to help speed up the drying process. Once she was dry and lying down on the massage bed. Xen places a hand on her lower back and pushes downwards. He was sure to be gentle and notices that all the knots were gone.

‘‘ I can feel a little tenderness but the knots are gone. I think this calls for a long day of rest, don’t you think? ’’

‘‘Ha! I couldn’t agree more. But I’ll need to wake my husband up. I wouldn’t leave that lazy stake of scales anywhere.’’

The female constrictor bumps her husband to wake him up. The big male opens his eyes and lazily slithers from the massage bed, obviously wanting to stay a bit longer. He turns and nods in Xen’s direction before leaving with his wife.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on June 3rd, 2014, 2:06 am

xen

Experience:

• Endurance 1 XP
  • Hosting 1 XP
  • Intimidation 1 XP
  • Massage 1 XP
  • Observation 3
  • Rhetoric 1 XP
  • Socialization 1

Lore:

• Upholding the Red Room's Standards
  • Massage: Finding and Identifying Knots in the Muscle
  • Dealing with Multiple Customers

Additional Notes :
An interesting thread. I enjoy the strange creature (forget its name) that stalks Xen popping up every now and again, and how slowly peice by piece Xen is coming closer to figuring out what's going on.

While I enjoyed this job thread there are a few important things to note for future threads. First of all Xen is a low end novice when it comes to massage, and has just received his job. There is no way that Rayls would leave him alone untested when he is only a novice masseuse. When you reach competent level that's fine every now and again, but definitely not now when Xen just started the job this season. In addition you are writing Xen as this incredibly smooth operator, easily multi-tasking and knowing precisely what his customers need, where once again, Xen has only begun his job and does not have that kind of skill set. Please remember to play to your skill level.

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)