Somehow Familiar

Vayl meets a kelvic called Engghaen

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Somehow Familiar

Postby Vayl on May 19th, 2014, 10:55 am

Imagex
Vayl raised an amused eyebrow, then frowned. Three years old?? Redd had mentioned that she was some young age despite her appearance as well. A kind of polite smile rose to his lips.

"So you are a kelvic also. And while I never asked for any of the information you gave me, I feel sorry for you. It seems I come from a much harsher place in the world than you do, Engghaen."

Smiling kindly, he knelt down in front of the girl and rested a clawed hand gently on her shoulder.

"I'm Vayl. And if you don't mind telling me, why are you so at ease with a Symenestra, seeing as they are in.. Zoos or worse. You spoken to our kind before?" there seemed to be some sort of forlorn hope, a whistful need, in his lavender eyes as they looked steadily into hers.

"Either way it's nice to meet you Engghaen. You're a nice person, despite me taking advantage of your innocence too much" he chuckled warmly and patted her shoulder.
x
But one day
you will stand before death's decrepit gate,
without really knowing why
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Words: 58133
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Somehow Familiar

Postby Engghaen on May 22nd, 2014, 7:31 pm

"D...eh...well...yeah.." the girl stuttered, frowning about the fact that he knew what she was. Not that it mattered anything, but she'd definitely shown she trusted him by now. That's what he seemed to be talking about. A pair of claws - attached to a hand - was being rested on her shoulder. He'd knelt down. Yes, she really was that much smaller than he was. To Enggy, he seemed to try to be as friendly as possible, but it could also be a trick. She didn't mind, and stared back at him.

"I trust you, even if you're out to kill me. I don't care.
..Symenestra doesn't belong in zoos. But, because you ask so, yes, I have spoken to your kind before. And, your kind hasn't been as awful as they told me you would.."

A sly smile appeared on her face. "Thanks for the delightful tone you speak to me with.."
Everyone knows pain and misery,
But it's how we survive that makes us who we are.

Character Sheet | Scrapbook | Plotnotes | Ruvyn
Engghaen
I'm not cute! I'm just... Fluffy.

Words: 87123
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Somehow Familiar

Postby Vayl on May 30th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Imagex
Vayl raised an interested eyebrow.

"And what was the Symenestra's name? If they lived in Kalinor as I did, there is a good chance we would have known each other, at least by name. There are less then a score of hundreds of us left, we.. get to know each other I guess. Kind of depresses you when you know every person of your species dislikes you, kinda wrecks the whole not being lonely thing." he smiled innocently and shrugged, his lavender eyes glowing warmly through his bone chilling white hair.

Vayl's eyes remained as incandescent as before as he frowned slightly in though.

"Hmm, why the smile? If I hadn't known my paranoia better I'd be assuming that you were being sarcastic." he murmured with a slight grin. She was an interesting little girl.
x
But one day
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Character sheet

Somehow Familiar

Postby Engghaen on June 1st, 2014, 12:48 pm

Naju word count;; 102
Wow...For your whole kind to hate you.. That was more than just being hated. That was being ignored and being..well...lonely.

''Uh...Va..Vi..Vyv..Vyvian, I think, and something with, err...Lara? Laura? Laurin...Lauralyn.'' she stuttered as the girl tried to remember their names and their encounters. The first had been quite pleasant, the second was a bit mixed however. It had mainly felt like she was an intruder in her dream, not a guest or..part of it.

Then she laughed. He knew petching well it was sarcasm, but didn't want to accept it. ''You sure only talk to tall people then, as you call me small?''

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Somehow Familiar

Postby Vayl on June 2nd, 2014, 9:43 pm

Imagex
Vayl's eyes sparked a little in recognition.

"I knew them both. Well, knew of them by name at least. Can't say I liked either of them." he grinned boyishly and shrugged.

"Well can't say they liked me either. We were around the same age so attended education together."

Vayl stood up and straightened himself to his full height, a couple of spinal bones clicking into rarely used positions, being comfortable in their previous slouch.

"Well, my race are taller than humans, and you're.... shorter than a human. It was simply a reasonable assumption on my part. Pardon my asking, but if you're kelvic, then you must have an animal form?"
x
But one day
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Character sheet

Somehow Familiar

Postby Engghaen on June 12th, 2014, 6:43 am

Naju word count;; 173
Hmmm.. Something clicked and Engghaen didn't think it sounded that great. Maybe something was wrong or was it just the Symenestra's odd build?

"Another form?" That was right, she told him she was Kelvic. She grinned and stared at the Symenestra. "Alright. But don't laugh. And don't stare at me." To make sure, she turned around and started pulling off her cloak. While she was at it, she turned back briefly to make sure he wasn't looking, wearing her undergarments. Then she also took those off and changed to her cat form.

Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh...she thought. She was fluffy, and tiny, and white and far from ferocious...hmm. For fun, she decided to growl at him and bark. A tiny meow escaped and her lips formed an odd looking grimace, more laughable than scary.

(Feline language) "Am I scary yet? ...oh.. Never mind. You don't understand Feline, do you?" She didn't remember much from the last time she dreamed about his race. She could not exactly remember if Symenestra spoke Feline. Or could see her, even. The past dream had almost vanished from her memory by now.

She sat down at Vayl's feet and looked up. Whoa... He was even taller from here...

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Somehow Familiar

Postby Vayl on July 16th, 2014, 10:57 am

Imagex
"Stare?" Vayl frowned.

"Why would I want to stare?" he wondered in a quiet voice, his eyes boring, ironically, into the kelvic girl as he tried to figure out why he would stare.

When his mind returned to the present a small cat sat in front of him.

"Ah. Innocence surely is beauty." Vayl muttered happily, crouching down to let Engghaen smell his clawed fingertip.

The cat meowed at him, and Vayl felt like he might understand the meaning behind it.

"Oh you're hungry? Well there's not much to eat in dreams normally." Idly stroking the animal without even thinking, Vayl frowned.

"In all honesty I'm just concerned how you made it through Ravok without being enslaved or dying, or is there something you're not telling me?" Vayl's cold, lavender eyes stared into the cat's. Hers were soft and kind, his cold but... hiding emotions that were better left alone.

"Ravok really is a cesspit isn't it." he sighed, slumping a little lower.

"Humans...."
x
But one day
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's