[Atoll & Jaka & Erial & Gwen] Cave of Insert Word Here

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Atoll & Jaka & Erial & Gwen] Cave of Insert Word Here

Postby Atoll Northwind on June 8th, 2014, 12:59 am

"Writing is like breathing, it just happens."
-Anonymus

These looked interesting so I thought I'd make one. So first a little bit about me.

Personal Info :
Ashley

Appearance

Birthday: N/A
Birthplace: California.

Appearance: In a word, short. In other words, pale, frizzy haired, brown eyed and haired average chick. My skin ranges from wall white to peeling brown and in-between is a lovely shade of ruby that burns like the sun.

Character Concept/Personality

I'm introverted. Easily excited, distracted. Most of all procrastinator. Friendly, quick to anger and I hold grudges. Clumsy, cry-baby/sympathetic crier, blunt and open unless it is emotional things then not so much with the openness.

Likes: Cooking, swimming, tennis, animals, kids, writing, reading, snow but not the cold, hockey, sprinting but not running, hiking, crochet, rainbow looming, sewing, people who are determined, the color orange, knowing random factoids and people who say what they want.

Dislikes: People who say 'uh' a lot, people who are afraid to ask questions, the color yellow, days above 110, basketball, soccer, people who assume instead of asking or without any logical backing, cold food, cars, ball pythons, mini-wheats, dark chocolate, coffee, mud, and plenty of other things.

Character History

I live with just my dad and brother, my mother passed when I was little and it's something that still bothers me. I've moved a lot for many personal reasons and sometimes just because. I've lived in several states, two countries, and four provinces. I've also had many jobs ranging from janitorial to hospital work (very basic things). Currently I work at Petsmart with the hopes of getting an internship at a zoo because my dream is to be a zookeeper. It took me a long to figure out this dream. And I even paid lots of college money for starting a degree I decided not to finish, so I'm glad I've got it figured out.

Like pretty much everyone I'm a mix. My paternal grandparents are from Mexico while my maternal grandparents are from Ireland. There is very little I know about either culture save for cooking.

Language

Fluent Language: Most fluent language here.
Basic Language: Spanglish
Poor Language: French

Housing

House: An apartment, so it looks like an apartment. It's around 1,000sq ft. with a pool and and things like most apartments. It's quiet with a nice little ravine to walk through.

Rules
  • Post whatever ya want
  • Just not hateful stuff
  • And keep it PG-13

Mizahar Stuff

I've been on Mizahar a few weeks and have had a blast. The lore is filled with stuff and I love reading most of it. I won't lie and say all of it because while fascinating sometimes I just wanna play but I gotta read first. Poo. I know it's there for a reason so I read it anyway, even if it's not really a concept I'm interested in. But I love learning about Atoll while I write, I mean I have a concept but I am learning his voice. Sometimes It's hard not to write what I want to do instead just because I think Atoll is an idiot. He's a really bad pirate. Like really bad. And not the cool bad he's just bad at it! Yet, I like him. Plus now every time I'm swimming I pretend I'm a Konti because they are waaaay cooler than mermaids! The only other problem I've found is titling threads. I want the title to include bits about both RPers so it ends up becoming a pain in the ass.

Jaka is also new because I want to make all the characters! But she is easier cause in my mind her personality is that of a rat. And I work with that then mix it with a dash of stereotyping personalities with rats and there we go. I think I'll like writing her because I'll get to go through her whole life cycle. Short lived thing that she is.

Random Character Tidbits:
  • Atoll is actually afraid of women to some degree. It will be expanded upon later.
  • Jaka talks like an excited toddler. Hopefully I can RP her out of it, even if it reminds me of Ducky from TLLB.
  • Atoll wants to be a champion of Laviku.
  • Atoll has never killed anyone.
  • Jaka makes funny faces while she talks.
  • Jaka can count but she doesn't know what miza are worth (as in gold, silver or copper).
  • Atoll doesn't want to have a steady job. And he also dislikes fishing.
Last edited by Atoll Northwind on September 7th, 2014, 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Speech (Fratava). Speech (Common). Speech (Tukant).
Atoll Northwind
Live by the Sea

Words: 55665
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2014, 10:17 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

[Atoll & Jaka & Erial] Cave of Insert Word Here

Postby Atoll Northwind on June 18th, 2014, 8:50 pm

Character Death

Today while writing and lurking around chat I seen mentions of death and death was just on my mind...character wise not people wise! It just got me thinking of how my PCs would eventually retire, because at some point they will. The thought of them retiring made me wonder how to go about it and I realized I already had the end of their lives mapped out.

It made me realize two things. There are IC goals that our PCs make and OOC goals that we as writers make. I'm sure that is obvious to some but it just hit me today. For example, IC Atoll wants to circumnavigate Mizahar so everything he does IC will always drive him to this goal. I believe a PC scrapped about this but then I realized everything I do OOC plotting is driving him towards his last post.

So, to map this all out:

Atoll: Wishes to travel everywhere. It will be a long time before he retires and I have his death down as a skirmish against non-Svefra pirates. His daughter will be a Lia :) The last post I mentioned he wants to be a champion and he does but I see that as a goal he won't accomplish but something that he will constantly strive to. As I wrote earlier, his IC drives him but my OOC wish for how he dies drives my threads. Different circumstances plotted out mixed with his drive is taking him there nicely so far.

Jaka: She's a spy. In Sunberth. Someone is going to kill her at some point, I'm kind of hopping I can maybe get a PC to do it if she doesn't expire from a short life-span as it is. IC she is learning to be a spy, she is naive in the aspect of it's consequences. This drives a lot of the plotting. However, the idea of her death is what moves a lot of these plots. For her to reach old age or be killed she needs to have certain things done and do certain things.

Erial: He's going to void himself. It's a large part of why I made him, so he could void himself. Magic is dangerous, and voiding especially, one wrong move and 'whoops no fingers'. In his case it will be more extreme. So OOC I need him to practice more magic, become more involved in it, become obsessed with the void. IC goals with him wanting to leave a mark via magic parallel nicely.

Morbid a little but without a death in mind I don't feel like I have a true ultimate goal PC-wise. If I don't know how they die I can't ever realistically plot them reaching that point. For me this makes it hard to plot if I don't already know because say Jaka becomes some excellent spy, does what she had in mind...then what? IC she can continue on, the PC has a life of her own but as a write I have no idea where to go. Basically if I know where they end I know where they began and how they ended up dead which allows me to plot the middle and main part of the their story.
Atoll Northwind
Live by the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

[Atoll & Jaka & Erial] Cave of Insert Word Here

Postby Atoll Northwind on July 1st, 2014, 12:32 am

I'll be a little slow but back up to posting tomorrow. Sorry about leaving everyone hanging, especially since a lot of you were doing NaNju (?).

Happy early 4th for people who celebrate it and happy early 4th just because :)
Atoll Northwind
Live by the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook