Greetings & Salutations!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings & Salutations!

Postby Reia Stringer on June 13th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Hello everyone, new here as is probably clear. It seems like the polite thing to do before I go about putting up my first CS and making a right mess of things is to give a little introduction.

I've been playing tabletops for enough years to make me feel older than I am, and video game rpgs for long enough to make me feel just about as old as I am - the later is far worse I assure you. I've even been about a few forum roleplaying sites - though nothing near this magnitude, complexity, or sheer level of writing talent from player to player.

Now, I consider myself literate enough but I'm not the most artistic writer out there - not afraid of trying to get there though. Oh, and my English grammar and syntax is often absolute trash (second languages, ho!) so please forgive my slipups when they inevitably occur...

Aaaanyway, first character up on the chopping block is something I don't get to play, but something I've always wanted to play. The systems I usually utilize (D&D baby) don't support the peaceful, fun-loving, and creepily cheerful sort - this place seems like it will though (except for those scary monsters) so i'm keen to get Reia into it all.

Can't wait to see you all around the campfire.

pleasedon'thurtme

Edit: Oh, and I should probably answer these too, shouldn't I? The ones I inadvertently haven't already, anyway.

1. Name: Sam is fine OOC!
2. How did you find us: All hail google, our lord and master
3. What sort of RP style is your favorite: I really don't know myself. But I've generally preferred the more lighthearted stuff. Not huge on the doom and gloom - unless I get it in smaller doses and at the right times.
4. What do you like to write about - not write about: I love to write about so many things! Really, it's only practical to say what I don't like to write about: romance, melodrama, 'size competitions' ("I'm the best" "No, I'M the best" - i've seen far too much of this), and extended inter-group arguments ( i just find they get dull).
5. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far: Gotta say, I like the mechanics at first glance - simple, effective, rational, and growth orientated.
6. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far: It's a lot of lore... a lot of lore. I have some serious reading to do still.
7. What would you like out of the mizahar experience: What else? A good lot of fun! (maybe there's a bit too much of me in Reia after-all...)
8. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded: I think the skill list could use some clarification - not expansion, but getting rid of all those obnoxious stubs.
9. Anything else you want to talk about: Eeeeh... I like books? Big fan of Henry James, Samuel Delaney and David Foster Wallace. Favorite fantasy book series is "The Black Company" by Glen Cook.
Reia Stringer
Player

Words: 8841
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2014, 9:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Greetings & Salutations!

Postby Palla Frostfawn on June 14th, 2014, 12:13 pm

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hello, Sam, and welcome to Mizahar! The PM you received when you joined is a good place to start, and if you have any questions, you can post them in the Questions and Answers forum or in Chat.
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes