Amolina Moletta's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Amolina on May 18th, 2014, 2:29 pm

May 18th 2014

It's on time I make a scrapbook. Most of you don't know this PC. Or me. But anyways. I have been playing her in Ravok for around one year and worked at a project named The Nitrozian-Moletta Sanitary Station (NMSS) togheter with Valerius Nitrozian and Inoadar. This project was the result of threads I started with Valerius and later on we felt it would be good to be more and when Amolina's arch enemy Inoadar had been "neutralized" he joined them.

Our new AS in Ravok, Nemesis, has promised to support with making the location a city location. So far the project and it's location exists in my plotnotes. But lately I and Inoadar have written up all the content for a city location which can be a good resource for all the players in Ravok. It will be a place where PCs who aren't human or citizens can get medical care and also jobs. And there will be some drugs for sale too and an NPC doctor which doesn't require moderation.

I will be away from writing during the summer season, and Amolina Moletta will do a 30 days visit in Nyka. I'm going to drop placeholders there, but not write. Amolina will be back in Ravok Day 77 of Summer. I'll resume writing in September. I'm really exited to use the new NMSS city location when she is back ... and I'm sure I will also have new ideas and more themes to work at.

Amolina
Player

Words: 327287
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on June 11th, 2014, 12:32 pm

June 11th 2014

A Quotation I Like

“Meditation is holy to me, for I believe that all the secrets of existence and nonexistence are somewhere in our heads - or in other people's heads. And I believe that reading and writing are the most nourishing forms of meditation anyone has so far found. By reading the writings of the most interesting minds in history, we meditate with our own minds and theirs as well. This is to me a miracle.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Palm Sunday: An Autobiographical Collage ―
Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on June 14th, 2014, 9:49 pm

June 14th 2014

About Creativity and Writing
I have been thinking about what’s important for creativity and writing.

In short, “Writers Block” means running into some kind of inner emotional resistance against writing. It can have many different and individual causes. When I first felt this I tried to go on, but after a while I realized it wouldn’t work and I was going to end up stonewalled if I didn’t take a break, compose myself and think.

I have googled a bit to find advice. Apparently “writers block” has similar effects regardless of why people experience it: It use to be limited to one specific topic/story/character. Outside this “problem zone” people are still able to write.

One general tip I found about to counter it is exactly what I have already done : take a break from the things that you for some reasons feels the resistance to writing for. In addition, write about other things - as you can actually still write about other things - explore the causes for the “block” and find the way back to creativity and flow.

So I have started to write a little bit. Writing about creativity and flow as a way to come out of “the block” is one tip I found on Internet. So I’m trying it now, here in the scrapbook (writing scraps was another tip I found).

It was slow in the start. But eventually I came up with things. More than I had expected. Scant as my scrap scribblings may seem to others, I’m actually starting to feel this will help me. I'll write on and post the stuff here.This can maybe be of use for other people too.
Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on June 19th, 2014, 4:51 pm

June 19th 2014

So I finally posted our location in Ravok... NMSS

Once upon a time in fall when I aim to start to write again, it would be fun to make IC reality of the new Behavioral Therapy. If I only can find suitable test subjects. There are plenty of them in Ravok, but I'm not sure they are aware they need this. I had actually named it Drama Therapy, but somebody was squeamish and thought it sounded too dramatic and dangerous ... so I have meekified it from Drama to just Behavior.

Today's tip for us block-malingerers who are imagining somebody poured glue on all our words :
"Be corageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little"
~ Holly Gerth ~

I actually like this tip.

Maybe I ought to stop giving in to the constant temptation to write dark farce and satire and then laugh secretly when nobody understands how evil it is. I could try to be more mainstream. In order to better fit in,
I could develop Amolina Moletta to something more exiting and uselful for good and decent roleplay - straightforward, direct and "butcher-like"...

... like this!

Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on June 19th, 2014, 5:26 pm

Oh Gods...

Amolina with an axe reminded me of this particular video.

Nightmare AMV :

By Rhysol, it fits so much. :paranoid: *Hides under the sheets*
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amolina on June 22nd, 2014, 9:39 am

June 22th 2014

Answer
Loving that video. It made my day. Thanks Radiant :)

Some of us write in darkness

Sometimes I look at art for inspiration. Don't ask me how, but pictures, poetry, sculptures, all sorts of art seems to nourish my thoughts and my writing creativity. This is the America Windows - windows of stained glass created by Marc Chagall. Look how the colors glow in the darkness ...

Some of us like to write in the darkness. Though in my case I have sometimes been said to portray the light in Ravok, when I write about the actress Amolina Moletta.

I have been thinking a bit of why I write there, in the darkness, horror and dark romanticism of the beautiful city on the lake. These windows made me think : It's maybe because I need the darkness, in order to make the colors glow in my mind, mysterious and veiled ?

Mizahar is a totally other world in another universe, so I don't think of it as the European Medievals - our medievals never happened in Mizahar. But once in a while, looking at the real life medievals can support imagination. The medievals held a lot of darkness. Old legends and tales were often more cruel and dark than today's version of them are.

The Brothers Grimm gathered old tales which had lived on during the centuries in oral tradition and 1812-1857 they pubished 211 of these old stories in books. Those stories had a few scary elements and I saw somebody call them "fabolously cruel" ... But later in time they were edited and made nice and harmless children's tales. In the original story Cinderella's sisters were very beautiful girls who had to cut into body parts and maim themselves in order to fit into their ambitious mother's wishes and try to marry into the royal family; the blood sprayed on the prince and the gossiping little birds sang sarcastic songs about it. It's pretty far from the Disney version, isn't it?

Real life human history is full of terrible truths somebody tried to smooth over. We can deny this and look another way. Or we can dare to face it and deal with it.

In Mizahar like in all other places, real or imaginary, it's possible to shut your eyes, not acknowledge darkness and pretend it's not there. Just like for people in real life, it's possible for the people in Mizahar to see the great darkness of others, but be blind for the darkness of their own. Denial is always an option.
Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on June 27th, 2014, 7:47 am

June 27th 2014

The treacherous allure

"Ravok is a city of immense beauty and romance shadowed with darkness and corruption"
~ Mizahar Wiki

This is the beautiful, alluring music to a classical dark story set in Venice.
It's as false and devious as music comes. From The Tales of Hoffmann.

Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on July 10th, 2014, 12:18 pm

July 10th 2014

Thoughts about the oppression in Ravok

“As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air – however slight – lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.”

― William O. Douglas, The Douglas letters: Selections from the private papers of Justice William O. Douglas

The quotation made me think of how oppression may have started in Ravok. I imagine the city and it's promises seemed so alluring and beautiful at first. Promises of a good life attracted followers, and at the time it seemed easy to embrace Rhysol, who passed himself off as a good and benevolent protector. People settled in and had a good life. In the start everything seemed fantastic. Eventually, when people had become accustomed to Ravok - or addicted to their good life there, even - the evil price for it started to unfold, and ...

But I don't want to leave potential readers of this little post in the dark. Shall we forget this now? Look, I'll make a happy end here and share music I like, let's listen to this instead of speaking about uncanny things ;)

Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on August 3rd, 2014, 10:30 pm

August 4 2014

Bright Stars

I came around to posting the location code of NMSS here in case somebody will need it.

Code :
Code: Select all
[style=background-color:#CE9163;width:750px;border:1px solid grey; border-radius:75px;margin:auto;padding-top:40px;padding-bottom:40px][frame2=black][color=black]x
x[/color]
[center][googlefont=Cinzel][style2=font-size:500%]NMSS[/style2]
[size=200]The Nitrozian Moletta Sanitary Station[/size][/googlefont]

[img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=35859[/img][/center]

[indent]At the outset of Winter, 513 AV, a trio of loyal Ravokians started a new research project and founded the ‘Nitrozian-Moletta Sanitary Station’, or ‘NMSS’ - the KRI doctor's assistant Valerius Nitrozian, his temporary assistant the actress Amolina Moletta and the poisoner ”Nolan Parnell” (Inoadar).

They purchased and installed the required equipment within a solid and sizable three-room building on the outskirts of the Noble District.The name of the facility is taken from two of the founders. The third, the poisoner, assured them that he agreed it was best for all concerned that his name be omitted from public view.

From outside, it's an unremarkable building in a row of similar houses. Like all other buildings in Ravok, it's accessible by boat as well as from a walkway.[/indent]

[spoiler=Inside the Building]The lobby of the building has been decorated by Amolina and Valerius. The walls are a soft, pale rose color, the furniture is medium brown, and of good quality, as they want the location to look fashionable. Part of the lobby is an office, and that's where the researchers have their desks. There are also couches for waiting visitors, and a big table, which can be used for both meetings and socialization. On the walls, there are hangings with pictures from Ravok's history, which Valerius has "borrowed" from his home, The Nitrozian Estate. At the back of the room, there are two doors, one to the lab and one to the guest room.
[url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/viewpic.php?pic_id=29532][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=29532[/img][/url]
The guest room, tastefully decorated in rose just like the lobby, is used when people need to rest after treatments. It holds two beds and a few cabinets with miscellaneous equipment, like tranquilizers and manacles for confused or violent patients.

Behind the other door is the well-equipped, high quality lab. There was a lab in the house when they bought it, but it has been rebuilt, and lots of equipment has been added in order to provide an all-around resource for advanced science.
[url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/viewpic.php?pic_id=29533][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=29533[/img][/url]
This top modern lab can be rented per hour by those who seek to progress their skills in ways that aren't availabe in The IHL premises, or for those who aren't allowed to enter IHL or for other reasons prefer to not go there.[/spoiler]
[indent]On the surface, the facility caters to the needs of citizens and non-citizens alike, as a source of both medical goods and services, and as a convenient facility with laboratories and equipment that are available for rental by anyone with the mizas to afford them.

In addition to performing medical procedures, the facility has many drugs and medicines, both herbal and chemical, to ease the many afflictions that beset the good folk of Ravok. Non-citizens, in particular, are encouraged to seek help here since they will be turned away by the Ebonstryfe guards at The Healing Hand.

[spoiler=The Project's Hidden Agenda]The reality is that, though these services, products and lab equipment ARE available as advertised, the true intent behind this endeavor is to test questionable and potentially dangerous new techniques, chemicals and eventually even magic on unwitting subjects. Some of the treatments and procedures are “borrowed” directly from KRI records, with an eye for expanding the sphere of success to include non-Kelvics. One or more of the three founders can almost always be found at the NMSS furthering this agenda, though it is unlikely that they will admit to it.

This is not to say that everyone who visits this location will end up on a slab, being subjected to experimentation. Nor that all those that ARE fated to be test subjects end up dead, or suffering from inexplicable afflictions or deformities. Some may even benefit from them. But in ALL cases, the greater good of scientific learning is realized.

Thanks to a recent connection established with a local smuggler, the various drugs, medicines and herbs normally available have been complemented to include all those found on the price list, as well as many poisons, for listed prices. Many additional goods, besides those one would expect from a medical facility, can be obtained at the NMSS, with some creative interaction with one of the three founders.[/spoiler]

[tabset=550][tab=Proprietors,#864C20,white][url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/viewpic.php?pic_id=38616][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=38616[/img][/url]

The character sheets :

[url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18244.html][i][b][color=#FFBFBF]Valerius Nitrozian[/color][/b][/i][/url]

[url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic22960.html][i][b][color=#FFBFBF]”Nolan Parnell” (Inoadar)[/color][/b][/i][/url][/tab]

[tab= PC Specialty Services,#864C20,white][b]
(Threading)

[size=120]Venom Immunity Treatments:[/size][/b]
(Select one snake or spider type) Program requires numerous visits with [url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic22960.html][b][i][color=#FFBFBF]“Dr. Parnell”[/color][/i][/b][/url] over the course of multiple seasons. Cost and number of seasons depends on species to be immunized against. Minimum 2 threads per season to describe progress.[/tab]
[tab=Products,#864C20,white][b]General Products[/b]
[size=85]All of the herbs, medicines, and drugs found for sale around Mizahar, at the normal prices of the world market price list.[/size]

[b]Ino Vations Products[/b]
[size=85]All of the poisons, accessories and related items at Ino Vations. Others may be available with creative interaction (threading). [url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic24624.html][color=#FFBFBF][b][i]Ino Vations Price List[/i][/b][/color][/url][/size]

[b]NMSS Specialty Products[/b]
[size=85](All are in 10-day supplies)[/size]

[list][*][b]Teavine Disinfectant:[/b] Spray it everywhere to prevent the spread of illness - 5 gold

[*][b]Honey of the Lily:[/b] Anti-flu Treatment. The sweet and flowery way to be healthy - 55 gold

[*][b]Random Pity:[/b] Miracle Medicine. Try it, it may cure you. Secret recipe! - 70 gold

[*][b]Honeyed Noose Vine Tea:[/b] Stuffy nose and head congestion relief, when taken alone. - 30 gold
- Addition of Batonal improves flavor somewhat and adds digestive "stability". - 5 gold
- Addition of Tolm relaxes body pains to a degree and aids in sleeping. - 5 gold
- Addition of Hommos for sore throat. Only for use as a gargle, not consumption. - 5 gold
- Deluxe Noose Vine Package: Includes all additional ingredients. - 40 gold

[*][b]Sweet Herbal Headache Chew:[/b] Herbs in Honey to relieve headaches - 10 gold[/list][/tab]

[tab=NPC,#864C20,white][img2=left]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=35538[/img2]Name:Sandro Mazetti
Race:Human
DoB:45th of Fall 480 AV
PoB:Ravok
Title: Master Of Medicine
Skills: Medicine 75; Anatomy 54; Herbalism 47; Dentistry 32; Massage 27; Cooking 25; Embalming 23

If the scientists are away, you will meet Doctor Sandro Mazetti when you enter the location. He is an elegant and polite man, fashionably dressed.

Though a Master of Medicine, he has the personality of an assertive salesman and is quick to take interest in you and your body, regardless of why you are there. He will often try to sell dentistry, massage and advice about food and nutrition.

Sandro Mazetti was born and grew up in Ravok, and has never been outside the city. He was brought up in a wealthy merchant family with an important connection to the grand Lark family; his grandmother, Anita Lark-Mazetti, born Lark. Sandro is actually a third cousin of Alice Lark, the barmaid at The Spot.

From a very early age, the intelligent and study gifted Sandro was given the best education available in Ravok. And it became obvious that his talents, as well as his interests, were everything related to the human body - it's functions, it's needs, it's diseases and unbalances and all the various ways to treat and cure them. He has dedicated his whole life to this, and through avid studies and extensive experimental practice, he became a Master of Medicine at age 29.

Before Sandro started working for the Nitrozian-Moletta Sanitary Station, he was employed at The Healing Hand. He was, however, persuaded to quit the Healing Hand in favor of a higher wage, a connection to the Nitrozians and, last but not least, a highly experimental front end project, where he is eager to add his medical mastery and help the scientists break new ground.[/tab]

[tab=Medicine,#864C20,white]General Medical procedures include: (prices subject to moderation)
[list][*]Wounds cleaned and bound, Suturing and Cauterizing
[*]Tourniquets and Amputations
[*]Midwifery and Obstetrics
[*]Diagnoses and Treatments
[*]Bones Set
[*]Check ups and Therapies[/list][/tab]

[tab=Lab for hire,#864C20,white]Laboratories available for Rentals: 20 gold per bell plus materials. Must remain on site.
[list][*]Elaborate Poisoncrafting Lab
[*]Philtering Lab w/ Greater Alembic
[*]Herbalist’s Toolkit
[*]Surgeon’s Toolkit
[*]Masseuse Toolkit
[*]Identification Kit[/list]

Emergency Preservation Fluid Use: 1 gold per day. Small body parts only.[/tab]

[tab=Inv.,#864C20,white]The location was IC established and opened in
[url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic43671.html]The Opening of The New Research Location[/url]
[size=150][b]Owner Shares[/b][/size]
[table2=#000000,#FFFFFF][b]PC |Investment| Share [/b]
Valerius|815 GM| 1/3
Amolina|815 GM| 1/3
Inoadar|815 GM| 1/3
TOTAL|2445 GM|[/table2]

[size=150][b]Inventory [/b][/size]
[table2=#000000,#FFFFFF][b] Purchase | Cost[/b]
2 Common Areas of 400 sq ft, Simple, Used -25%, | -  375 GM
Elaborate Poisoncrafting lab| - 1500 GM 
Discount 25% on the total structure cost| + 468 GM
Surgeons Toolkit  | - 200 GM
Philterer's Lab  | -  400 GM
Herbalist Toolkit | -  20 GM   
Greater Alembic  | - 100 GM 
Identification Kit  | - 50 GM
5 Philterer's Robes  | - 50 GM
2 Preservation Fluid  | - 60 GM
Kitchen Toolkit | - 10 GM
Lobby Furniture: 2 Desks, Good | - 10 GM
Lobby Furniture: 1 Table, Good | - 3 GM
Lobby Furniture: 6 Chairs, Good | - 6 GM
Lobby Furniture: 2 Couch, Good | - 12 GM
Lab Furniture: 2 Table, Average | - 2 GM
Bedroom Furniture: 2 Bed, Good | - 40 GM
Bedroom : Masseuse Toolkit | - 20 GM
Bedroom : Manacles | - 50 GM
TOTAL : NMSS |[color=#FFBFBF] 2440 [/color]GM[/table2][/tab][/tabset]

[size=120]This is a location thread - we don't roleplay in this thread and will not answer posts here. If you want to contact us, use PM. If you want to use the location on your own, with the NPC, please feel free to start your own thread for it ![/size][/indent][/frame2][/style]

I have given this decision extra time over summer. But I find that my feeling from beginning of the Spring sesason 514 AV remains : Amolina has had her time and there's nothing more of interest she can contribute. It wouldn't be good to try to resume writing for the sake of it; I think it would just be wasted time for myself and others.

So I retire her now.

I have said thanks and farewell to my thread partners long ago, but I'll repeat it a final time. Thanks all.

Let this be "the last message from space". Bright Stars. To all the bright stars and dreaming souls out there.

Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes