An Early Summer's Daydream (Xen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Postby S'Essy on June 11th, 2014, 3:05 pm

AV 514, Summer 3rd

Could she ever get enough of it? Could she ever get bored of it? Feeling the water, seeing the wonders under the lakes, seas and oceans. She was swimming so swiftly like a fish. Exploring the wonders down there. The fishes, the plants, the corals and all other things. The colors were beautiful as always. She couldn't get bored of that either. And now it was all different...

There were no colors, there were no fishes, there were no any life in there. There was nothing. Just rocks and sand. She was swimming in rounds and rounds, but she didn't find anything. It was scary and odd for her, what could have happened? She was trying to go deeper, maybe she could find something there. But she was wrong.

She was disappointed. She was going up to the surface. She could see the sun was shining. When she was up she didn't feel Syna's warmth. She was looking around. She was at the jungle as she heard the noises from everywhere. There was at least lives around there. She swam to one of the cliff and came out from the water. She didn't bother to take on her clothes, she sat there and was placing her legs into the water.

It was calm, the jungle was mysterious and hold many secrets. Even with all the noises it was so peaceful, with big trees around her. She was thinking to start meditate here and try her shielding. But she was too lazy to do it right now, she was just sitting on the cliff while keeping her legs in the water.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Xen on June 12th, 2014, 2:15 am

This was a dream: one that was beautiful, one simulating the love he had for the land, sea and wilderness. Xen opens his eyes and sits up to discover that he was in a new world, or if not new, one that similar to his home—Falyndar. He stands to his feet, causing the leaves that had accumulated on his body to fall. Xen looks around and places a hand on the tree next to him, it felt real—all this felt real. He refuses to question this strange world, knowing that there were other dimensions and worlds existing beyond the senses. Xen was aware of the void, his competence with voiding did not reward him ignorance.

“Thiss place, it looksss like the jungle but doesssn’t feel like home.”

However, now he learns that there was another world—the one he occupies now. Xen wanted to explore this mirror world and learn of what lingered in its depths. He then steps forward to begin walking and initiates the start of his mirror world adventure. Xen could see the shadows of leaves descending from the canopy and opens his hand to allow one to fall within the palm of his hand. The weightlessness and textures of the leaf was so real. Xen watches the leaf depart with the wind and continues his march in a shower of falling leaves.

Yet, when there was great beauty as light, ugliness would cast a pitch black shadow. Xen did not pay attention to his own shadow: which began to sway left-to-right like an open flame. The shadow loses its human shape and becomes svelte and long like a great leviathans tail. It slithers behind Xen, growing larger and foreboding as he went. Xen then began to reminisce about his memories—he never knew the real reason he was left behind in Zinrah. He recalls his mother saying that it was for the best and his father said the same. However, his uncle was the only one that remained silent. Xen stops once he reaches the end of the jungle and stares out into the water: where his reflection remained.

He started to doubt and questions his parent’s decision, wondering if they had another reason or if they had lied to him. Xen then felt unreasonably angry and punches his reflection in the water. Xen watched the water ripple and distort his reflection and for a moment thought he saw his twisted visage smile with eyes blazing with devilment. Upon seeing this, Xen breaks free from the daze, wondering what the petch that was he just saw. He didn’t want to think about it and undresses and dives into the water. Xen didn’t want to accept what he witnessed. If this was a mirror world then it would reveal what lingered deep within.

That wasn’t me, it was just a odd distortion of the water.” Xen thought.

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on June 18th, 2014, 9:29 am

How could she be that lazy? She didn't want to get up or do anything. Just sitting there forever and ever. Crazy thoughts she had to admit and she was travelling anyway. She should head back to her tent soon, which was near to the place. If she spent too much time here, they could steal her belongings, her money. Would be unfortunate... She had to go, her Call, she had to meet again with Markus and she was far from Syliras.

It was a season now since she was wandering here. She was thinking if she was lost. But she knew she will find him, she know he is alive, he had to be. She had never thought that she would travel alone that much, she didn't know how to fight. She could be in great danger. Although the Call was greater and she knew she had a mission the Gods wanted her to done.

She shook her head. Yes, nothing was going here. She had to go, she had a swim she wished for. Slowly she pulled up her leg from the water. Let out a yawn and she stood up. She was stretching a bit and grabbed her clothes. Time to dress up, she was about to put on her robe when she heard a noise which was close to her and not come from the jungle. She turned her head immedieatly to the direction where the sound came from.

She saw nothing, just small waves from the water. And saw a figure in there. Was there life in there after all? She couldn't leave without checking it out, she was too curious. She put her robe back down. "I must know!" She said to herself and jumped in to the lake. She was swimming closer to the figure she saw. To her suprise it was not a fish, it was another a person, a man. She was not alone in that jungle.

She smiled at him and waved her hand. Then she saw up to the surface and hoped the man would follow. As she was up, she looked down to the water and was waiting for him to show up. At least she had company... hopefully somebody who wouldn't harm her or steal from her. She could get some help.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Xen on June 18th, 2014, 10:05 pm

Xen was swimming, allowing his form to experience weightlessness under the waters influence. He turns on his back and gazes at the sky. Xen was steadily adapting to this mirror world and as he drifts in the water, he hears a splash. The splash was loud, he knew that much, and looks around to see who would disturb the water’s surface. The ripples from the splash collide with Xen’s body, causing the water to shake and bounce his form while it was afloat. He flips on his stomach in the water and notices a woman waving in his direction.

Xen thought it was weird to see someone here and was a bit reluctant to approach—he did not know this person. Xen swims over after curiosity defeats the hesitance within him and kicks his feet in the water to gain speed. The water soaks his hair, causing it to fall over his eyes and block his sight. Xen merely shakes his head to do away with the annoyance and continues to swim, using crudely executed frontstrokes. It wasn’t long before he was staring at some strange: who was in the nude. Xen turns around in the water after he felt his eyes descend down the odd females form.

This person must be a dhani ” Xen thought

Why was there always a need for nudity? Xen could not understand the functions in this world. However, he had to ask what this world was and how he got here. The last thing he remembers is lying on his bed, closing his eyes and then…he was here. There were just too many mysteries in this world and existence itself was a giant puzzle, growing bigger and bigger as life and time extended through space. Xen swims towards the stranger with his back facing her—he didn’t want to stare as even complete strangers needed their privacy.

When he felt he was close enough to the stranger, he turns around with his eyes closed. Xen moves his arms in the water to keep his balance and concentrates on staying afloat. Yet that image he saw in the water was still fresh in his mind, denial had not removed it entirely. Xen shook his head and opens his eyes—he wasn’t going to accept that image of himself in this world. However, he felt that image would appear again at some other time and with a vengeance.

“What iss thiss place?”

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on June 28th, 2014, 9:23 am

She found the situation amusing, she chuckled when the man was swimming towards her but showing his back. Did he feel uncomfortable because of her naked form? She never felt awkward or was afraid being naked while swimming and as a healer she really didn't care about others being naked. To make him feel a bit better, she went down with her body, only her neck and head was up from the water.

As he turned around she could finally see the other person clearly. It was harder for him to keep himself up and float in the water but she got used to it. It was natural only for her. Though he looked a bit inhuman to her with his eyes. Same colors as hers but he also had a circle around the pupil. Which also shocked her his speak. Long sssss like in her name. She raised her eyebrows. "Erm.. Not trying to offend but are you a snake? Or do you have a problem I could help probably?"

But she realized it was a bit rude to ask such thing for the first time. And it was also a bit disappointing that the man didn't know where they were. She sighed and shook her head slowly. "Sorry, I hoped you would know. I'm heading towards Syliras to find my friend." And how far she was from the destination she didn't know that either, she just knew she had to go till she finds him.

"Oh..forgot to introduce myself, I'm S'Essy!" She nodded towards him offering a smile.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Xen on June 29th, 2014, 11:51 pm

“No, I do not have a problem.”

Xen’s annoyance could be heard clearly within his voice but not physically seen on his visage. The young konti’s words were small annoyances: like small insects, they stung him briefly before leaving. However, Xen maintains his composure despite this, believing that this person was of the ditsy sort and could not sense that her words were dis. S’Essy did not know how to make a good first impression as she causes Xen to perform a mental facepalm; her lack of subtlety being slightly humorous. She reminded Xen of himself and how awkward he was with some people.

“I’m a dhani!”

Xen felt more of a serpent than of a dhani, his instincts dominated his rationality occasionally. There was a perspicuous distinction between dhani and serpents—this is what Xen believed. To him a dhani was a ruthless, powerful, beautiful and cunning creature: one that was in control of or detached from its instincts. Whereas the serpent was a noiseless and patient creature; its existence went unnoticed until it moved from its lair or high-place. The serpent was driven by its unbridled and bestial nature: a kind of creature that was always watching with calculating, still and emotionless eyes.

Xen feared losing to the serpent or leviathan within, his mother Siku would frown on such hesitance. Xen thanks S’Essy for concealing her form but the water only distorts the cause of his awkwardness. He then leans back in the water, allowing his eyes to face the sky while the rest of his body remained submerged in the water.

“The namess Xen and I’m not completely familiar with Ssylirass. I don’t think there’ss anything called that in Falyndar.”

This Syliras was sorta new to him and from what he remembered; Syliras was some many seasons away from Falyndar. Xen recalls his father talking about a place called Syliras and the vast forests that surrounded them. There was something else that was missing: an animal of some sort? Xen struggles to reclaim the memory but eventually gave up on it. If it was giving him that much trouble, it might be unimportant.

“Who’ss your friend by the way, Ss’Esssy?”

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes