Closed A Boundary as Thin as Ice (Vayl)

Hey, I'm walkin' here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Boundary as Thin as Ice (Vayl)

Postby Yoona on July 2nd, 2014, 11:13 pm

13th Day of Summer, 514 AV

The Bazaar

It had been an errand. Or...at least, she could recall it having started as one, originally. Issac had given her some pretty vague instructions, managing to catch her just before she slunk off and got a good distance from the house, like she normally did. Yoona preferred to be just about anywhere that wasn't cooped up in that stuffy, single-bedroom living space, though she'd grown an affinity for the local Merchant's Ring, along with the yards of food-filled tents, wagons, and stands that seemed to replenish itself every day.

The Bazaar, a hub for all sorts of fruits, meats, and perishables. The Chaktawe woman didn't think she'd ever seen so much food in one place, before, laying out in the open for all potential buyers to see. So many fruits she'd never seen before, so many colors and shades she'd only ever seen in scarves and robes...

Her "Master" had been blunt with his wishes, instructing her to go out and buy four ounces of things called cherries. Instead of doing the smart thing and describing the fruits to her, however, he'd simply waved her away and went about his own business.

Cherries. Yoona had never heard of them, before, nor could she remember ever seeing or tasting such fruits. Were they sour, or were they sweet? What color did they come in? For some reason, she had a hunch that they were small, but that was as far as her mind could get her when it came to narrowing down her search.

Ten or so chimes had passed since she'd been assigned her duty, and it'd only taken three of those chimes for her to (a bit purposefully) forget what she'd ventured to The Bazaar for. Yoona was content with wandering throughout the many stands and tents, seeing and smelling as many things as she could see and smell out of pure curiosity. And with each unfamiliar fruit she found, the desire to taste it grew and grew. She didn't try, though, harboring a feeling that snatching a fruit or two without paying, just to take a bite, would land her in trouble.

Yoona considered consulting in Ruki for advice, but the hyena was nowhere to be found, off in who-knew-where.

'Cherries, cherries...gah, all these signs written in Common...how unhelpful.'

It was safe to say that the woman was distracted, her focus set on finding the aforementioned fruit if only to save herself from Issac's yelling. The man was young, foolish, and had a voice that could peel the paint off of walls when he became angry.

Suddenly, someone bumped into her, their shoulder clipping hers and wrenching half of her body to the side. Yoona came to a stop, her black eyes widening in surprise, then quickly narrowing as the brief shock morphed into impulsive anger. "What, do you think I'm made of water?" She barked in her native tongue, turning her head to glare at the person. Then, in case her annoyance hadn't gotten across, she switched over to her choppy Common. "Watch where you going!"

"Tawna" | "Common" | 'Thoughts' | Ruki
"I see what I feel.
My sight will change when my heart does."
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Words: 148798
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 5:32 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Vayl on July 16th, 2014, 10:51 am

Imagex
The tall form turned around slowly, lavender hood drawn deep over his face. A pale clawed hand reached up and pulled the hood off, revealing an equally ashen toned face, yet with sparkling violet eyes.

"Are you new here?" Vayl muttered impassively, as he turned to look at her, before a ghost of a smile crossed his face.

"Oh, a slave I take it." Vayl bowed deeply, holding his hood from flopping over with a hand.

Rising up to his full height again, Vayl looked down at the young girl.

"Well, what a city for two... 'humans' like us to meet eh?"{/b] he chuckled. [b]"I hope you didn't enter this city as a free woman, because that would make you careless." he added, almost to himself, before his faint toothy smile returned.

"Oh sorry, why were you shouting at me again?" he asked innocently.
x
But one day
you will stand before death's decrepit gate,
without really knowing why
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Words: 58133
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Yoona on July 16th, 2014, 2:57 pm

With that hood engulfing his face, Yoona hadn't been able to see what his face looked like. How was she supposed to get her frustration across if she couldn't look him in the eyes and scowl? For a brief moment, she considered snapping at him to take it off, but he went ahead and did it on his own, and the Chaktawe woman's void-like eyes widened.

With seemingly paper-thin skin as pale as a deathly ill newborn's, ashen-toned hair, unusual violet eyes, and claws standing in place of nails on his fingers, the man obviously wasn't human. Honestly, Yoona couldn't remember having ever seen such a creature, before, though she felt as though she had at least heard about them through word of mouth. All of her combined knowledge about the various lands and races stemmed from stories she'd heard as a child, and, more recently, tales she'd overheard during her many travels. The few other slaves that she'd met in her lifetime seemed to have had a lot of life experience, and even more interesting stories to tell.

"Oh, a slave I take it."

At this, Yoona's scowl only worsened. It wasn't as if she was going around in chains. As far as he knew, she was an actual citizen; she wasn't, of course, but she figured that the man was being biased because of her visible non-human...ness. Then he bowed, which confused her, and continued to speak. The "careless" comment was what riled her up to speaking, finally.

"Careless? I'm careless? You bump into me," Yoona retorted, narrowing her eyes. "That hood on your face makes you blind. Maybe you stop wearing it so you see where you going."

"Tawna" | "Common" | 'Thoughts' | Ruki
"I see what I feel.
My sight will change when my heart does."
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Words: 148798
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 5:32 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)