[Verified by Crosspatch] Yoona

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Yoona

Postby Yoona on June 7th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Full Name: Rayakoona, though “Yoona” is a friendly nickname that she’s come to use in reference to herself.

Race: Chaktawe

Birthday: The 77th Day of Spring, 491 AV

Birthplace: Eloab

There can be no doubts that Yoona is, indeed, a lady. She’s got the feminine curves to prove it, with hips that seem to be of the perfect size, and she’s well-endowed in the chest region—put your eyes back in their sockets, gentlemen—a trait that she almost certainly inherited from her mother. Yoona is also quite tall, standing at 6’3”, and weighs a startling 187 pounds, though you couldn’t tell by looking at her and probably wouldn’t believe it if she told you. At the same time, there’s a lot of visible muscle in that build of hers, namely in her arms and legs; the limbs, slim and shaded in a tanned-bronze, are a testament to the woman’s physical strength. She has a small, somewhat oval-shaped face and almond-shaped eyes, the pupils and sclera alike the color of the darkest of nights. Her lips are thin but constantly curved in either a smirk or a frown. Her hair, a black much like her eyes, is short and goes no further than below her ears, where the ends are ragged and roughened; it was much longer at one point, but she’d cut it short later on with a flaying knife because it bothered her. Long hair is a burden in hot weather if you can't manage it.

Yoona wears a large necklace of sorts that's adorned with layers of grey and black feathers, all of varying sizes, which line it and hang over her dark brown bodice. The wrap on her hips is a darker brown. Torn strips of a similar material are wrapped around both of her forearms, having an appearance similar to bandages.

Like most other Chaktawe, Yoona never wears shoes.

Yoona’s a tough cookie, with a tongue as sharp as the sand-laced desert winds. She’s incredibly unfiltered, comfortable with speaking her mind at all times and giving straightforward, blunt truths, save for the few times when she knows it might be better to stay quiet. The woman also has a short temper. Being friends with her is like constantly walking on paper-thin ice; you’re never sure what will set her off and what won’t, as her tolerance seems to shift with the seasons. On those much-too-occasional moments where she flies into a maddened rage, everything and everyone within a two-yard radius ends up being caught in the ensuing mayhem. Yoona is also wary of strangers, and distrustful towards most of the people that she meets.

Perhaps going hand in hand with her temper is her strong sense of pride and self-worth. Yoona is wholly confident in her own abilities, and invites challenges, more than willing to defend her personal honor if the need arises. She enjoys obstacles and having her skills put to the test, almost as much as she enjoys learning new things. Yoona is exceptionally fascinated with languages, and becomes hellbent on learning one once she comes across a language that interests her. Common was her first self-taught language, and though she isn’t much more than an amateur at it, Yoona insists on speaking as much of it as possible. As a result, it’s with certain fervor that she pursues conversations, and even if she can’t fully understand what someone else is saying, she’ll try her best and mimic as well as she can.

When one manages to get close to the woman—the hardships that come with that are plenty—one could see a slightly different side of her. On the outside, Yoona can be quite the stand-offish woman, but she’s still capable of compassion and friendliness. It just takes a lot of time, effort, and patience to reach her more reasonable core.

Yoona is adept in Tawna, her native language. Because of her travels, she’s grown to be decent with Common as well, but only knows a handful of important phrases and words, so only uses the latter tongue when it’s absolutely necessary to speak to others. During those times, conversations can be a little choppy.
Last edited by Yoona on October 23rd, 2014, 6:08 am, edited 16 times in total.
"I see what I feel.
My sight will change when my heart does."
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Words: 148798
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 5:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Yoona (W.I.P)

Postby Yoona on June 7th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Pre-Creation

Yoona’s parents were wanderers, as were most of their tribe, and never settled down in one place for too long. She was born in Eloab towards the end of one of their temporary stays, immediately after which her mother demanded that they start travelling, again; the city’s stillness and unnerving vibe worried her. So it was that Yoona was raised on the desert sands, taught the fauna and flora by her mother while her father instilled in her strength and combat skills. As a child, she spent most of her time going around with the other boys of her tribe, wrestling and the like.

Many suitors popped up around the time that Yoona was to be wed, but she was always picky and ready to send them away for the silliest of reasons. News of her stubbornness spread amongst the tribe, and eligible men felt encouraged to try even harder to get her attention, but the woman never relented; she was much too proud, and felt that she was too good for all of them. This worried her parents, who feared that their only daughter would live an empty, loveless life of solitude. In the end, they turned out to be sort of right.

When she was 21, out on a hunting trip, Yoona was caught by slavers, a friend caught along with her while the other two who’d been accompanying her were seriously injured. She was never able to say goodbye to her parents, and the next few years of her life consisted of endless travelling and being sold to and fro.

Despite her beauty, she’d always made it her mission to be a hellraiser for both the slave owners and prospective buyers, so people stayed away from her. This led to constantly being exchanged between slavers, who were eager to get rid of her.

Yoona ultimately wishes to return to her home and her parents, and yearns for freedom from enslavement.

Ruki, Yoona's guardian, is a celestial-blue hyena with eyes the color of bronze. He tends to show up when she's feeling lonely, in pain, or in need of some advice, though he likes to let her figure certain things out on her own. Ruki's also an avid-trickster, enjoying pulling pranks on those who can't see him, which ends up leaving Yoona as the culprit. And despite his visibility being limited to the woman's eyes, he leaves tracks, which confuse people.
Last edited by Yoona on July 20th, 2014, 1:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
"I see what I feel.
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Yoona (W.I.P)

Postby Yoona on June 7th, 2014, 6:15 pm

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Bodice
-Simple Wrap
-Simple Undergarments
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: A small dagger with a hilt that's crafted from bone. Yoona crafted it herself. She lost it in an escape attempt, however, so replaced it with another one.

Skill Starting EXP Gained EXP Total Proficiency
Body Building +1 1 Novice
Brawling 15 SP +1, +1, +1, +1 19 Novice
Deduction +1, +1 2 Novice
Endurance +1, +1 2 Novice
Escape Artist +2, +1, +1 4 Novice
Intelligence +1 1 Novice
Interrogation +1 1 Novice
Intimidation 10 SP +1, +1, +1 13 Novice
Investigation +1, +1 2 Novice
Negotiation +1, +1 2 Novice
Larceny +1, +1 2 Novice
Leadership +1 1 Novice
Observation +4, +2, +3, +3, +2, +3 17 Novice
Persuasion +2, +1 3 Novice
Planning +2, +2 4 Novice
Rhetoric +1, +1 2 Novice
Running +1, +2, +2, +2 7 Novice
Seduction +3 3 Novice
Socialization +1 1 Novice
Storytelling +1 1 Novice
Swimming +2 2 Novice
Tactics +1 1 Novice
Tracking 15 SP +1 16 Novice
Unarmed Combat +1, +1 2 Novice
Weapon: Dagger +1, +1 2 Novice
*Wilderness Survival +10 RB, 10 SP +1 21 Novice
Wrestling +2 2 Novice

(* = Yoona is in her element when trekking through deserts. That's not to say that she's totally helpless in other outdoors environments, but being in unfamiliar terrain can be disorienting.)

Lore of Ravok Layout
Lore of The Black Sun
*Wilderness Survival: Cooking Meat
*Wilderness Survival: How to Make a Fire
*Lucillus Nitrozian: Ravokian Lawyer
*Lucillus Nitrozian: Problematic
*Rumour: Giant Fish
*Ino Vations: Burnt
*Ravok: Slaves Over Non-Citizens
*Nolan Parnell: Poisoner
*The Fish Feeders
*Vera: New Mistress
Kelvics: Shape Shifters
Redd: Slave
Redd: Wolf Kelvic
Prayer Meeting for Freedom from the Lake Monster
The Magnificent Sight of the Black Sun Temple
Faolan: Offered to Help
Parnell's True Name is Tradino Adarius
“Ghost”: Cares for a Slave
“Ghost”: Foolish

Location: Currently she’s still enslaved, so it makes sense to say that she doesn’t have a house…or tent, for that matter. She has, however, been recently moved to Ravok, a hub for slave trade.

(Assuming that this is all accumulated pocket change.)
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 gm 100 gm
Dagger -2 gm 98 gm

In Progress
9th Day of Summer, 514 AV - Lesson Learned
13th Day of Summer, 514 AV - A Boundary as Thin as Ice
10th Day of Winter, 514 AV - Been a While
31st Day of Winter, 514 AV - A Colder Taste of Freedom
32nd Day of Winter, 514 AV - You Asked For It.

Completed
3rd Day of Winter, 513 AV (Flashback) - Trial and Error
2nd Day of Summer, 514 AV - Getting Out of Dodge
7th Day of Summer, 514 AV - Unlearned Lesson
20th Day of Summer, 514 AV - Liberation
21st of Fall, 514 AV - In the Shadow of His Mercy
Last edited by Yoona on March 1st, 2015, 7:25 pm, edited 38 times in total.
"I see what I feel.
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Yoona (W.I.P)

Postby Yoona on June 7th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Character Development Questions (AKA Pseudo-Interrogation)

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Rayakoona.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Yoona. My father came up with it.
3. How old are you? 23.
4. What is your height? Six feet, three inches.
5. What is your weight? Ha! That's none of your business. I'm heavier than I look, and that's that.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Hmmm...I see a strong woman with a proud stance, and a willpower that refuses to be bent. I have my mother's face and shape, and my father's darkened bronze skin.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. What others? The money-grubbing, subhuman creatures that stole me away from my homeland? The hungry-eyed ones who stare at me when I pass? I can't see through their eyes, and I have no wish to. I can only imagine that the first thing they notice is my dagger.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My legs, I suppose. They allow me to be quick and agile.
4. How physically fit are you? Arm wrestle me, and then we'll find out.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Feathers happen to be very stylish.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother, Chimaya, is a very headstrong woman. My father, Kalaji, is very resourceful and clever. Both of my parents wanted me to learn how to be able to fend for myself and survive in the harshness of the desert, and though they were tough on me they loved me dearly. I have no doubts about them still being alive...however, whether or not they know that I still live remains a mystery.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I am an only child.
3. What is your extended family like? I have a handful of uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandparents with whom I could meet on occasion. We lived in different tribes, but we traveled along similar routes.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Family always comes first. Friends have meaning, but in the end, one's family is who is closest and can be relied on.
5. Do you treat animals like family? There is a certain dominance that we hold over animals, like cattle. But I recognize that, like us, animals have souls and emotions, so I treat them the same as I'd treat a good friend.

2. Where do you live now? In Ravok, I suppose, though the decision wasn't mine to make.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Not really, no.
5. Where do you fear to be? ...Underground. Caverns, tunnels, there's no difference...it's unsettling to be beneath the earth, no matter the reason.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) No.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right, if you must know, but I'm getting better at using both.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? My native language of Tawna and Common, though the latter I'm still learning. It's difficult to learn all of the small words and phrases that people use to form their sentences; there are so many!
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? No, but...Ruki has a habit of stealing from people. It tends to get me in trouble.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? Piercings among my people are popular, but I don't have any.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
"I see what I feel.
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)