[World's End Grotto] Hooves meet Paws [Black Onyx]

Sarai enters the grotto for the first time and attracts the attention of Black

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Sarai Naavah on July 4th, 2014, 7:46 pm

Standing beside Black the leopard still felt small, the subtle movements the woman before her made told Sarai all she needed to know about how truly sure of herself her company really was. It was this sureness that rocked the blonde back on her heels when she was told there was a possibility of being put in irons. Irons was the last thing she wanted, it would mean she couldn’t shift especially if they found out that she was a kevlic. She hadn’t been worried when those at the orphanage told her not to steal, that it was illegal – they had never explained to her that she may be arrested.

A frown crossed her lips, as thoughts pounded in her brain. Maybe she was jumping the pond to quickly and maybe Black’s warning was something she should take head to before she got herself in too deep. The thought of becoming a pirate like Black was exciting and something she really wanted to do but … irons? Were irons worth it? Sarai rubbed her wrists unconsciously as she stood beside the girl imagining the cold metal against her flesh. Shaking her whirlwind curly hair she pulled the thing cloak around her frame tightly and glanced at Black from the depths of the black fabric.

“I don’t know …” She finally murmured and pursed her lips in thought. “…maybe I shouldn’t bother you with this…” She nodded with her words and shifted her weight from one bare foot to the other before she glanced at the apple bobbing in the horrible ale “No I think it’s best I say no. Thanks for being willing though Black.” She flashed a smile and rubbed her wrists again before nodding at the apple “You should give meat a try, it’s healthier.” Yes even with her parting words she was still disgusted and obsessed with the onyx haired woman eating something other than such disgusting fruit. Taking a step back her hands fished around in her pockets to pull out the money for the ale to give to the bartender of the Inn.

“It was nice meeting you Black; I should go before I take up any more of your time.” She paused and then flashed the woman a grin from ear to ear. “I hope you earn some good booty soon and don’t get caught in irons!” She would give a small friendly wave to her brief partner in imaginary crime before she turned to the bar and passed over the Mizas on the counter. Her feet carried her towards the door if she wasn’t stopped but not before she paused by the women she had been eaves dropping on to murmur “I hope the lady didn’t see what you’re wearing today or she may be in another Inn talking about you as well.” The women’s face were pulled into absolute shock as Sarai’s lips pulled into an innocent smirk on her way out the door before she was beaten with a napkin or something of the sort by the loud obnoxious women.
Sarai Naavah
Stick to the shadows and you'll survive.

Words: 40490
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2014, 8:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Black Onyx on July 5th, 2014, 10:47 am

Black had watched the expressions that had crossed the other woman's features as she sat there, slowly leaning back into her chair. It was comfortable enough that she could even ponder taking a nap right then and there. Sometimes, it took some people a little while to think about whether they really wanted to go down a path where it could very well end up in irons and a solid cell, with the barest hint of light. It was a choice that changed one's life and it could be either a sudden shock, or a gradual one filled with daring attempts and quick hands. Some people were cut out for the occupation, others, not so much. Some rich kids would try it just for the sake of defying their parents and would half the time, only spend one night in prison, while those less fortunate and those that didn't come from a background of money, could spend a long time within the dungeon walls. It was why Black had brought it up for Sarai, so then she knew the consequences of the life she had asked to be taught. There were tell tale signs that Sarai might be one of those kind of people that would not be able to live with the consequences of her actions, is made made obvious when she had begun to rub at her wrists as if she already had irons around them.

When Sarai had turned down Black's offer a smile graced the woman's lips as a firm nod was delivered. It was probably best and although she may not gain another informant this time, perhaps it was for the best, she told herself as she shifted her weight to slowly stand up from the chair she had seated herself within. She couldn't say that she wasn't disappointed, but she wouldn't forcefully make someone become a thief. If Black could have done something else, she would have. If she had been able to find some one that she could have bonded to, she would have. However, she feared people that she grew close to, for those were the ones that could hurt you the most. Intentionally or even unintentionally. She watched as the other woman rubbed at her wrists again and a smirk slipped onto her lips, she was still probably trying to dispel the image of herself being in cuffs. However, she was still fairly persistent about Black eating meat, what was with this woman and her obsession with meat?

“It was nice meeting you Black; I should go before I take up any more of your time.” She watched as the woman paused to give her a grin that stretched from one ear to the other. “I hope you earn some good booty soon and don’t get caught in irons!” Black chuckled as she shook her head at this, giving the other woman a small wave before she called after her, just before Sarai reached the door to exit 'The Grotto.' "Maybe the next time we meet, I'll have an eye patch and a parrot to amuse you with!" With a shake of her head, she would turn away from the woman that had disappeared through the door and would begin to make her way back up the stairs to her own room. While a possible informant had slipped through her fingers, she had gained amusement from the whole conversation and she couldn't find a reason to be entirely disappointed with the whole interaction involving the odd woman known as Sarai.

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on July 25th, 2014, 5:36 pm

Sarai Naavah
Skills
Skill Points
Observation +4 EXP
Socialization +5 EXP
Rhetoric +4 EXP

Lores
➢ Kelp Beer: Ick.
➢ Observation: Eavesdropping
➢ Black: She Likes Apples
➢ Black: Doesn’t Like Meat
➢ Rhetoric: A Pirate’s Life…?
➢ Black: A Thief
➢ Black’s Proposal: Information for Thief Lessons!

Comments
Enjoy your grade! If I missed anything let me know!

Black Onyx
Skills
Skill Points
Rhetoric +3 EXP
Observation +3 EXP
Socialization +5 EXP
Persuasion +1 EXP
Intelligence +2 EXP

Lores
➢ Sarai: Eavesdrops at the Grotto
➢ Sarai: A Curious Woman
➢ Sarai: She Love’s Meat!
➢ Intelligence: Curiosity Can Be Used For Personal Benefit
➢ Sarai’s Promise: Furry Little Creatures
➢ Sarai: Grew Up In An Orphanage

Comments
I gave Intelligence EXP because part of building an intelligence network is dealing with getting turned down and learning how better to persuade people.

If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous