Trying to Get Back Into the Game

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Fela Meason on June 9th, 2014, 9:50 pm

It's been almost 2 years since I've last played here, a lot has changed since then but I think I've reached a point where I have the time and energy to start playing again - I've really really missed it here. I'm just so overwhelmed with trying to pick back up where I left off, if that's even possible @.@

Has anyone else here ever successfully started back up after a long absence? Or might it just be time to simply retire the old characters at this point?
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on June 9th, 2014, 11:02 pm

I actually know a few people who were absent and came back. I know quite a few people who poof and then come back, so yeah! People come back all the time, though, it's really up to you about whether you should retire and start over, continue on, or just retire altogether.

But no matter what you choose, it's nice to see you back. ^_^ (I recognize your pretty little face from way back in the day. XD) Welcome back Fela!!
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Fela Meason on June 10th, 2014, 1:27 am

Oh gosh thank you! I'm honestly surprised anyone remembers me at all. I tried coming back once before but got swallowed by real life before I could really get going. Things are a lot more stable now. Good to see some familiar faces still around though, that's the biggest help.

To everyone who I don't know and doesn't know me - hi. Nice to meet you all, consider this a pseudo intro thread. :D
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Mauriel on July 12th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Hey, there! I'm in kind of a similar situation, I haven't been around for about 2 years. I remember your username and picture, tho, although I don't think we've ever roleplayed. I decided to make a new character, however. It's too much of a pain to think of an excuse to make up for 8 seasons of absence and the things that haven't happened and why they haven't happened. XD Kind of got out of the ambitions for last character. But why not, I believe you can return easily if you're motivated. Good luck! n w n
Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Raien Ironarm Pitrius on July 12th, 2014, 9:34 pm

I left for almost two or three months. Came back with no problem at all, and was promptly accepted back into the playerbase. By the very same people, I'd shamefully left hanging in-thread no less. While not two years, it was still intimidating to come back, even if I'd left due to OOC issues with internet and just plain life, and not really by my own choice. I'd suggest returning, its worth it, and even if you have to make another character to get back in the mindset, I say go for it.
Raien Ironarm Pitrius
Blackarm the Strong

Words: 109742
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2014, 8:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets