Start playing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Start playing

Postby Enthere on July 15th, 2014, 8:40 pm

I didn't know where else to put this, so here goes! I am new, just set my character up in Zeltiva and I want to start roleplaying. Should I jus start up a thread or join one or find someone who wants to write with me first? Halp.
Enthere's speech
Others' speech
Enthere
Surviving. Fighting. Healing. Freeing.

Words: 56259
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2014, 4:32 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Start playing

Postby Shijara on July 17th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Hey, Enthere!

So pleased you chose to Miz to roleplay at. I'm more that happy to answer this question, as I know a lot of times the first post can be intimidating. At least you've decided on a city and that's awesome. This is what I would do if I was you. First, you want to make sure the city knows you're there for the season if you haven't already. This is super useful to both staff members, but also role players in your same boat.

You can do that here, and that's just assuming you haven't. If you have, tell me to shut up. ;) Next, I would either do a few things. Skim that thread yourself. See if any characters pop out to you, or if you think they'd be fun for Enthere to interact with. Then just send that person a PM maybe with an idea or a suggestion. Most are very open to new threads.

If that seems a bit too forward, you can see if anyone is willing to approach you (so to speak). Post a wanted/searching ad in the matchmaker forum. People might even have Zeltiva ads up too so you'll know they're searching. Last but not least, an open thread is always a possibility. I would just kinda make sure it has certain elements, such as it's in an interesting, easy to reach location, not happening at a weird date/time or day, and make you character approachable or intriguing so other PC's can imagine interacting with you.

I hope that helps at least some. Good luck and happy writing!
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes