Howdy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Howdy

Postby Yair on July 21st, 2014, 11:07 pm

Hi there! Just wanted to introduce myself - I have known about Mizahar's existence on and off for quite some time now, but this is my first successful attempt at making myself join! I am pretty excited by how detailed and in depth all the lore goes with Mizahar, so I look forward to some good ol' fashioned roleplaying!

I have a general question for you, though, in terms of characters. I made an odd choice of starting my character out in Zeltiva, as I was able to come up with enough of a back story and it made the most sense to me to start him out somewhere fresh and new. The trick of it all is - he is not quite good as Common. Any words of wisdom in how to rp a character to sound, well...like an immigrant?
Yair
Player

Words: 4563
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 8:22 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Howdy

Postby Adelaide Sitai on July 21st, 2014, 11:25 pm

Hello and welcome to Mizahar! Zeltiva is a great place to start out - there's always a lot happening, so I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.

As for how to play an immigrant, I'd suggest using an accent, but don't know exactly. You could also write about your thoughts, maybe having trouble finding the right words before saying them.

Anyway, Good Luck!
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2