[Location] The Crystal Hall

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Location] The Crystal Hall

Postby Cheshire on September 28th, 2010, 1:32 am

The Crystal Hall

The Crystal Hall is an activity center of sorts in Avanthal. It is a meeting place for all Avanthalians young and old. It is a tall building made of stone and it sits near the center of Avanthal. There are are tall winding stone steps that line the outside of the building that lead up to the entrance. The inside of the building is large and is used for a large array of activities. Usually people meet up there if they want to spend some time somewhere warm but easy to get to. From the windows of the hall one can see quite far in all directions. The walls of the hall have large windows on all sides. The inside has three levels. The first level is the main level that one finds themselves on when they enter the building. This is the most used level and is usually used by people who just want to relax or see the view from the windows. The second level is right below the first level and is often used for celebrations. It has tables, chairs, and a stage all for public use. Much like the floor above there are windows all around the room. The bottom level is reserved for meetings between the hold leaders and occasionally Icewatch. The bottom level is below ground and is kept lit by candles.

The Crystal Hall is the pride and joy of Iceglaze hold. It is their single most proud achievement and is often frequented by Iceglaze youth to try and find inspiration. Often if someone of high importance has an important party or ceremony it is held here. It was said that right in the center of the Crystal Hall Kayin Frostfawn proposed to Jedara Whitevine. Very often people propose in the Crystal Hall because of it's beautiful view and the way that the crystal-like walls capture the hidden Northern sun. Although it is often very hard to see the sun in Avanthal in the Crystal Hall the beautifully crafted walls catch all the beams of light that break through the Talderan cloud cover.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)