[Verified by Crosspatch] Siobhan Prideaux

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Siobhan Prideaux

Postby Siobhan on August 2nd, 2014, 7:23 am

Siobhan Prideaux

"You don't want to be like me
Don't wanna see all the things I've seen."

Full Name: Siobhan Maud Prideaux, "Sin"
(shi-VAWN mawd pri-DOH)
Race: Human

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 130 lbs
Birthdate: 88th Winter 483 AV
Birthplace: Sunberth

Profession: Prostitute

Fluent: Common

Themes :

Appearance *Character model: Jennifer Connelly

Siobhan is one those lucky few who started life as the epitome of plain average-ness and grew steadily more attractive with age. Where her skin was once always sporting dirt and bruises, it is now a clear and relatively healthy-looking alabaster. In fact, her skin is virtually blemish-free, save for the small beauty mark above her lip and a few freckles on her mid-to-upper back that typically remain hidden from view.

Dark brown hair, nearly black, frames her face as a sharp contrast to her general paleness and falls to a point nearly midway down her back, just past the shoulder blades. Her eyes are a variation of grey, usually pale, but may sometimes reflect the surroundings to adopt watered-down shades of green or blue.

Strong features such as her eyebrows, nose, and chin lend Siobhan some small air of fierceness, which is consequently reined in by the disarming and delicate femininity of her eyes and lips. Tall and willowy, she doesn’t have quite as much of a curve as other women in her line of work, but she has learned to play up what she does have.

More recent years have seen the beginning traces of crevices to the sides of her mouth – some variation of smile lines, though she lacks the matching set at the corners of her eyes that would indicate true happiness. True to Ravokian style, Siobhan tends to dress simply and in dark colors unless the occasion calls for something a bit more appealing.

Personality

It is fairly plain to see – even if only meeting her for the first time – that Siobhan is hardly open about anything. On the outside, she projects the sort of flirtatious elegance and charm that is typically expected of her, but it doesn’t take any large amount of skill to see that she is not wholly genuine in this public face. However, though it is easy to spot that her motivations are not as genial as she would like to have others believe, it is far from easy to determine what kind of person she is in actuality.

Frankly, if one were to have an authentic conversation with her, they might leave feeling a slight bit uncomfortable. She is quick to notice flaws in others (though not so quick to recognize them in herself), and doesn’t find herself impressed by authority, rank, or station.

Actually, she doesn’t tend to be impressed very easily at all. Siobhan holds both herself and others to high standards, and tends to form opinions about others quickly. Also highly hypocritical, she is prone to giving others the runaround, but cannot tolerate when the same is done to her. A few coworkers and clients alike have taken to calling her "Sin", as both a shortened version of her name and as a lackadaisical tribute to her off-putting demeanor.

No one would accuse Siobhan of being overly dramatic. Though quick to anger, she is much more likely to mask the emotion with a tight-lipped toxic grin and build up a grudge. Interpersonal relationships tend to be one-sided, and intimate friendships are few and far between. In conversations, she tends to keeps the topic away from herself, figuring that the less information people have on her, the better – though she is keen on learning things about others that she might have use of in the future.

Yet beneath her icy armor lies a protective mother. She is only ever truly at peace when she is with her son, and that is not nearly often enough. Hardly a chime goes by without her mind drifting to him, and he is undoubtedly the most precious being in her life. He is a source of both immense joy and sorrow for Siobhan. Nearly everything she does is done with him in mind, and is done with the intention to provide a better life for him than the one they currently have.

History

1232 words :
"My mom was a whore too. I used to think it must’ve run in the family, on those rare occasions when I would absentmindedly and naively wonder. I never knew my grandparents – never met them, and mom sure never talked about them. Never talked about her own life much either, but I don’t think she always “worked.” She had a way of speaking that set her apart from a lot of the other street rats, and the way she carried herself always seemed incongruous with her line of work. I hadn’t given it much thought back then.

Most of mom’s friends were also her coworkers, so, naturally, that was the crowd of people I grew up around… Not that that was ever a bad thing. They were the kind of people that looked after their own – a kind of community. And, in Sunberth, that’s a petching good thing to have.

I don’t know who my father is. I doubt I ever will, gave up on that far too long ago for it to be of much consequence now. Of course, my mother doesn’t know either, though it wasn’t exactly difficult for her to narrow down the possibilities. To say I look nothing like her would be a little more than an understatement, so, all things considered, she could figure that he was either a Nykan mercenary or one of the local Sunberthian sailors of the day.

Anyhow, as I said, I was raised in a brothel community, brought up in such a way that I never particularly felt as if I were missing out on having a real family. They taught me the tricks and tools of the trade -- definitely more than I should have needed to know at that age -- and I was a voracious learner. I might've done well in classes, if I'd been afforded the opportunity. Every now and again, as I got older, my mother would comment on how she planned to ship me off to some university farther west once she got enough money.

She was a smart woman -- cunning, good at reading people and getting her way, and pretty well knowledgeable about a good number of things you wouldn't expect a destitute prostitute to understand. Unfortunately, though the brains and the beauty were there, luck was simply never on her side.

Not to mention the fact that beauty fades anyway. She didn't age well, and the more seasons she gained, the fewer mizas she took in. I was seventeen when I began working, following in my mother's footsteps. I might have been pretty smart myself, but whoring was what I had been taught to do. It was what I had grown to know best -- a fact my mother sadly came to realize too late. I pretended not to notice, but I knew it ate at her. The blame, the guilt. And yet, what was she to do?

It came naturally enough. I wasn't an overly attractive girl at that age, but the men didn't seem to care all too much. If I was willing to sell, they were willing to buy. The first time was the worst. The other whores had warned me about that. The first time was always the worst -- it didn't matter whether it was your first time in general or if it was your first time for money. That's what they told me, at least.

After that, once I got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad. The apathy started relatively early for me. Of course, the anger developed quickly too. I had been a generally happy child, but everyone eventually succumbs to the poison that is Sunberth. The city always finds a way to break its people.

It wasn’t long before I met Geoffrey. He was from Zeltiva, he said, a recent graduate from the university. A gentleman, I had thought, though he was really just the spoiled son of a professor. He had blown too much of his father's money and had found himself hung out to dry.

All he craved was attention and praise, and I was willing to offer it to him. I admired him greatly -- he seemed infinitely sophisticated compared to the Sunberthian boys. Not to mention the fact that he was clearly intelligent, and I always found myself drawn to knowledge. Of course, he had to have seen something in me besides an easy boost to his ego, otherwise he wouldn't have spent so many bells of his day obviously trying so desperately for my attention.

Even back then I was not easily impressed. I was, however, incredibly and idiotically naive. As we bonded, he opened up to me about the wide world of magic, and despite the echoes of society's warnings and my own superstitious trepidations, I was hooked. He could see that. In some ways, I feel as if he could see me far better than anyone else ever could.

Over the next few seasons, I did grow some kind of affection for him. It wasn't love, I know that now, but I hadn't known it then. So, when I found out I was pregnant, I felt obligated to tell him.

And there was no doubt about the fact that it wasn't his. Despite his advances, I had never allowed things to go that far. Not someone whom I looked up to so much. I couldn't do that to myself. I had always given him some line about waiting for the right moment.

So there was a lot of yelling on his part, and a lot of pathetic sniveling on mine. I was only a kid, nineteen years old, and I had conned myself into believing that he was the most important person in my life. I was scared of so many things in that moment -- scared of losing him, scared of having to raise a child. Then I was scared when he started waving the dagger around. He was hysterical. I figure he had always been a bit of a loose cannon, I just hadn't seen it till then.

In that moment, so many things changed. I might have been a, hopelessly devoted yet nearly emotionally drained kid, but in that single tick I was much more. I was a mother.

Granted, I was a passive-aggressive mother who had far too much pent-up aggression to remain passive. He lunged forward, cold steel glinting angrily in the firelight of his apartment. The next few ticks were a blur, but I remember distinctly the sight of him flailing on the wooden floor and the sickening, quiet gurgling sound that rose from his throat.

There was so much blood. So much. So I ran. I ran to my mom. I told her about the pregnancy, but I never told her what had happened to Geoffrey, and she never asked where the blood had come from.

Even so, though her looks were fading and her luck had long run out, my mother still had the brains to recognize a vicious and never-ending cycle when she saw one. If there was one thing she knew, it was that Sunberth was not the place to raise a whore's child. More than that, she had come to owe too much debt to few too many gangs. By the time baby Leonel was born, we were ready to skip town. I was nineteen."

Last edited by Siobhan on December 1st, 2014, 4:51 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Siobhan
Beware the frozen heart.

Words: 43437
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Siobhan Prideaux

Postby Siobhan on August 2nd, 2014, 3:38 pm

Knowledge

Skills
Skill Experience Total Rank
Seduction 15RB, 11SP, 1XP 27 Competent
Acting 10SP, 2XP 12 Novice
Intelligence 10SP, 1XP 11 Novice
Hypnotism 9SP, 2XP 11 Novice
Larceny 5SP 5 Novice
Cosmetology 5SP 5 Novice
Observation 2XP 2 Novice

Lores
  1. Ravok Culture
  2. Acting: Feigning Pleasure
  3. Feigning pleasure
  4. The importance of offering satisfaction
  5. Hypnotism : Learning one's deepest lust
  6. Overgiving : Domination and loss of control
  7. Jeb : A fetish that led to his demise
Last edited by Siobhan on September 21st, 2014, 11:41 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Siobhan
Beware the frozen heart.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Siobhan Prideaux

Postby Siobhan on August 2nd, 2014, 4:01 pm

Possessions

Equipment
  • 1 Waterskin
  • Backpack
    - Wooden Comb
    - Wooden Brush
    - Soap
    - Razor
    - Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
    - Eating knife
    - Flint & Steel
    - Journal
    - Ink (1 oz. vial)
    - Quill
  • Another Backpack
    - Scented Vinegar (12 oz.)
    - Skin Cream (8 oz.)
    - Kohl (2 oz.)
    - Rouge (4 oz.)
    - Mouth-Wash (16 oz.)
    - Tooth Powder (8 oz.)
    - Cosmetic Brush
  • Ravok Citizenship Papers
    - Siobhan Prideaux
    - Leonel Prideaux

Clothing
  • 1 Set of Clothing
    -Simple Shirt
    -Simple Pants
    -Simple Undergarments
    -Simple Coat
    -Simple Boots
  • Copper Locket
  • Dress, black, med. wool
  • Chemise, black, linen, lace-trim
  • Blouse, cotton
  • Skirt, black, med. wool
  • Scarf, purple, fine wool
  • Children's Clothing
    - Trousers, gray, med. wool
    - Shirt, olive green, med. wool
    - Jacket, gray, coarse wool
    - Low Boots, leather
    - Scarf, red, fine wool
    - Copper Locket

Heirloom
Image A elegant, flowing formal gown that, according to her mother, had once belonged to Siobhan's grandmother. The main fabric of the dress is a brilliant blue, easily an eye catcher, while the wrist-length sleeves and collar bone neckline are composed of an intricately woven lace pattern. The front of the dress hangs just above the knees, flowing out and ending in a manageably short, rounded train.

Housing
Located near the docks, almost on the fringing outskirts of Ravok, is an average sized, single room apartment. Two uncomfortable-looking beds are crammed together in the far corner. It is sparsely furnished with a table, a couple chairs, wardrobe, and complimentary chamber pot. There is just enough room to accommodate both Siobhan and her son, and few others have been permitted to enter since their tenancy.

Ledger

Fall 514
What Cost Balance
Season Start -- 78gm 2sm 9cm
Season's Wages TBD TBD
Seasonal Expenses, Common x2 + 10% -297gm TBD upon receipt of wages

Starting
What Cost Balance
Starting -- 100gm
Bed, Poor -1gm 99gm
Scented Vinegar (12 oz.) -8sm 98gm 2sm
Skin Cream (8 oz.) -2gm 96gm 2sm
Kohl (2 oz.) -2sm 96gm
Rouge (4 oz.) -4sm 95gm 6sm
Mouth-Wash (16 oz.) -1gm 94gm 6sm
Tooth Powder (8 oz.) -6sm 94gm
Cosmetic Brush -2sm 93gm 8sm
Chemise (linen, lace-trim, dyed black) -6sm 93gm 2sm
Dress (medium wool, dyed black) -1gm 8sm 91gm 4sm
Blouse (cotton) -1gm 90gm 4sm
Skirt (medium wool, dyed black) -9sm 89gm 5sm
Scarf (fine wool, dyed purple) -4sm 5cm 89gm 0sm 5cm
Trousers (children's, medium wool, dyed gray) -9sm 88gm 1sm 5cm
Shirt (children's, fine wool, dyed olive green) -2sm 3cm 87gm 9sm 2cm
Jacket (children's, coarse wool, dyed gray) -4sm 5cm 87gm 4sm 7cm
Boots, Low (children's, leather) -3sm 84gm 4sm 7cm
Scarf (children's, fine wool, dyed red) -2sm 3cm 84gm 2sm 4cm
Backpack -2gm 82gm 2sm 4cm
Locket, copper (x2) -9sm 81gm 3sm 4cm
Book, Blank -3gm 79gm 3sm 4cm
Ink (1 oz. vial) -1gm 78gm 3sm 4cm
Quill -5cm 78gm 2sm 9cm
Last edited by Siobhan on December 8th, 2014, 12:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
Siobhan
Beware the frozen heart.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Siobhan Prideaux

Postby Siobhan on August 2nd, 2014, 4:28 pm

Companions

People From the Past :
ImageSilidhe Prideaux
Relationship: Mother
DoB: xx Season xxx AV (deceased as of xx)
Place of Birth: Ravok
Gnosis: None

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

ImageGeoffrey Noble
Relationship: Ex-boyfriend
DoB: xx Season xxx AV (deceased? as of xx)
Place of Birth: Zeltiva
Gnosis: None

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

ImageCargo Blackshore
Relationship: Leonel's Father
DoB: xx Season xxx AV (status unknown)
Place of Birth: Outer Suvan
Gnosis: Oceanus +1, Stormwarden +2

NPCs

ImageLeonel Farlance Prideaux
Relationship: Son
Race: Human, half-Svefra, Male
DoB: 23 Summer 503 AV, 11 years old
Place of Birth: Sunberth
Gnosis: Stormwarden +1
Skills: 10 Swimming, 10 Acrobatics, 5 Animal Husbandry, 5 Leadership

Leo, in many ways, contrasts Siobhan. Sandy blond hair is cropped short around his face and grows longer around the back, blending smoothly with his skin, which is pale -- but not nearly so much as his mother's -- and delicately peppered with light freckles. Stormy grey eyes tend to favor greenish and golden hues. The combination of slightly arched, far-set eyebrows and a dimpled chin lend him an open and friendly appearance. He is, however, tall for his age, sharing his mother's long limbs and which appear more lanky than elegant on the boy.

Leo possesses a fiery spirit and vivacity for life that oftentimes makes it difficult for Siobhan to keep up with him. He is an active child, always up to something and ever eager to make friends, and has a particular affinity for getting other children to follow his lead. Even a few adults tend to sense a particular earnestness in him that they find inherently charming and charismatic, though Siobhan much prefers that he keeps unsupervised interactions with adults to a minimum.

As an adventurer at heart, though Leo doesn't intentionally mean to stretch boundaries and push limits, it is in his nature to do so. He is also insatiably curious about the natural world and the way things work. The more he learns, the more he wants to know, and is purely motivated by the simple joy of learning. Additionally, though he is unarguably a people-person, he holds a special compassion for animals.

The swirling hurricane depicted on his young back -- a symbol of Zulrav's favor, borne since birth -- is a source of both pride and grief in the boy. On one hand, so long as he can feel the breeze on his skin he never has to feel alone, and he (and his mother) counts such a thing among the greatest of blessings. On the other, he suffers suspicion from Ravokian mothers (and their children) who accuse him of preferring Zulrav over their true god and savior Rhysol. By extension, this reflects poorly upon his mother, and the boy tries his best to prevent any extra trouble from coming his mother's way.

Of that token, he is fiercely protective of his mother and defensive of her line of work. Though only a kid, he has sworn to never enter a brothel.
Last edited by Siobhan on December 13th, 2014, 3:12 am, edited 10 times in total.
Siobhan
Beware the frozen heart.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Siobhan Prideaux

Postby Siobhan on August 2nd, 2014, 4:37 pm

Threads

Fall 514
When What Who Status Rewards
36th Opportunity Knocks, pt. I Solo Finished, graded Skills: Seduction +1, Intelligence +1, Observation +2, Acting +2, Hypnotism +2. Lores: Feigning pleasure, The importance of offering satisfaction, Hypnotism: Learning one's deepest lust, Overgiving: Domination and loss of control, Jeb: A fetish that led to his demise
36th Opportunity Knocks, pt. II Annalisa Marin Ongoing
56th House of Straw Venser Rush Ongoing
81st The Following Message Solo Ongoing

Flashbacks
35 Spring, 501 Tools of the Trade Solo Ongoing
65 Fall, 501 Mindsmith Solo Ongoing
46 Fall, 512 Those Who Wait Nickolai Marin Ongoing

Dreams
Siobhan
Beware the frozen heart.