Flashback [Wright Library] An Historical Overture: Syliras

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Wright Library] An Historical Overture: Syliras

Postby Eleret on August 16th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Winter 7, 500 AV
evening

Syna had long since descended behind the mountains, retiring early as was the sun's habit in winter. The windows of the library looked out upon well-settled darkness, broken only by a scattering of torches or lanterns. By contrast, the library itself all but glowed with light, the better for professors and students to carry on their studies. Especially the latter, who filled most seats at the library on this chilly eve, rendered studious by the climate outside.

At least one student was here not for the warmth, but truly for the knowledge contained in the library's tomes. Burdened with an armful of books and her own small satchel, Eleret eased her way down the building until she reached the desk which had come to be her preferred nook. She carefully laid everything down, then paused before the nearest statuette, a semblance of Eyris. First things first.

Lifting her lily-marked hand to her heart, the Konti bowed her head to the figurine, and to the deity it represented. Wise One, I ask your blessing upon my studies this eve. Grant me the knowledge I seek and the wisdom to comprehend it.

Comprehension, Eleret knew, she needed a great deal of help with. She'd thought her grasp of Common was excellent before leaving Mura, but a mere handful of days in Zeltiva had taught the Konti otherwise. On the bright side, by the end of this season, she should be much better with the language...

But first she had to get there. Which meant completing this assignment...
Common | Kontinese | Tukant | other people
Eleret's Konti gift is to perceive the moods of others as one or more scents.
Eleret
Player

Words: 179278
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 12:33 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)