[Verified by Perplexity] Kayan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kayan

Postby Kayan on September 28th, 2014, 9:00 pm

KAYAN

Appearance

Race: Kelvic
Birthday: 33rd, spring, 512
Birthplace: Zeltiva
Profession: Hunter; 5GM(1.5 w/ competent) = 7 GM per/day

Image Long black hair trails down Kayan's back with patches of white and grey showing through. Outside of certain behaviors, you would think she was another human walking the street. Her nails are long, but not very sharp; her ears nearly resemble small nubs, but it's hardly noticeable under her mass of hair. Her teeth do give away her carnivorous appetite, being sharp enough to tear through flesh and scales if she desired to do so. She wears Bagh Nakh on both hands when wandering around the city at night, keeping them concealed beneath her cloak. Her skin is tanned brown, unusually thick for a female, but somehow slick as well. She's about average size for a human of her (apparent) age, around 5'3 or 5'4.
Her clothing consists of a simple brown shirt, pants, and cloak. Rather than shoes, Kayan walks barefoot as it's more comfortable, and in place she uses torn pieces of cloth that wrap around the soles of her feet.

Kayan appears the same as any other Honey Badger, Having a fairly long body but a distinctly thick-set and being broad across the back. Her skin is remarkably loose, allowing her to turn and twist freely within it. Her head is small and flat, with a short muzzle, eyes small and ears that are little more than ridges on the skin. Her short and sturdy legs have five toes on each foot, and each foot is armed with very strong claws, which are short on hind legs and remarkably long on the forelimbs. Her tail is short and covered in long hairs, save for below the base. She measures about 19 centimeter in shoulder height and 62 cm in body length.

Character Concept

Kayan's more to herself than anything, but is far from shy. In all honesty she just hasn't figured out how she feels about people in general. She does have the notion that humans are the cheaters of the animal kingdom, but whether that's something to despise or admire is something she's still trying to figure out. As for the other species, she hardly knows about any of them, so she doesn't know enough to have any kind of opinion on them. Depending on the time of day, she could be as friendly as any other person or just about ready to tell everyone who comes near to petch off.
She does have a peculiar interest in magic, mainly with morphing. Despite the extra advantages of being able to change into a human, such as the ability to jump, catch and eat a variety of foods, and simply being able to learn how to do things a normal badger couldn't begin to hope to do; Kayan does feel that she's way too defenseless as a human. Being able to form her claws - among other things - without needing to revert back to her badger form would be a huge in improvement in her eyes... and being able to take physical traits of other animals doesn't sound like a bad deal either.
One setback to the young kelvic is that she's not much of an eager learner. If she doesn't get it right away, it will only take a few more minutes before she gets frustrated and gives up entirely. If she isn't interested, her attention will wane, so it takes a teacher equally as stubborn as she is if they want keep her mind on the topic at hand. This also takes into account that her stubbornness can be as much of an asset as it is a hinderance. If she does want to learn something, and did enjoy working with or learning that craft, she'll go right back to it not even an hour after her original fit. But, if she doesn't want anything to do with it before she gives up, it will take a lot of either talking or tempting before she would consider it.

Character History

Orphaned at birth, Kayan's never know her mother or father, and was basically only for the first few months of her life. When she was old enough to run around, the child kept to herself for the most part and kept away from the other children. At some point she began bonding with a dog that often wandered past the orphanage, soon after she decided to follow it around the town. Normally it would always just lead her around the town before returning back to the orphanage and leaving, but when Kayan was a year old it lead her to his master. At the time, the man was a student at The University of Zeltiva . He was more than happy to take the girl in and show her how to read, though when teaching her to write he couldn't help but find it a lost cause, so anything more advanced than that was evidently off the table.
Just before Kayan turned 2 years old, the student mage decided it was time for him to leave his home city to study more world magic. In leaving the kelvic behind, he left her his old cottage and his hunting dog. As far as she's concerned, those were the most eventful moments in her life and there's nothing more to it.

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills & Lore

Basic
Skill Base Points EXP Awarded Total Proficiency
Hunting 30# SP 30# Competent
Trapping 10# SP 10# Novice
Unarmed Combat 10# RB 10# Novice
Animal Husbandry 5# SP 5# Novice
Endurance 5# SP 5# Novice

Lore
Location Survival Combat Social Religion Animal(s) History
Lore of Zeltiva Streetplan Lore of History of Zeltiva

Possessions

Clothing
Simple Brown Shirt
Simple Brown Pants
Simple Brown Cloak
Simple Grey Cloth
Simple Undergarments

Hunting Supplies

Basic Supplies
1 Waterskin
Shovel
1 Backpack which contains:
Comb (Wood)
Brush (Wood)
Soap
Razor
Journal

Food
Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
1 eating knife
Flint

Heirloom
Dog, hunting

Weapon
Bagh Nakh

Money
DEBT (Owes: 3 GM)
0GM
0SM
0CM

Hunting Dog

Name: Snyder
Breed: Black and tan coonhound
Size: Large

Housing

House: Cottage, roughly 20x20, includes a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and table. Can be found near Mirahil Pass.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Leash, Medium-size -1 GM 99 GM
Hide, Hunter’s -20 GM 79 GM
Toolkit, Hunter/Trapper's -25 GM 54 GM
(2)Bagh Nakh -6 GM 48 GM
(3)Apples -3 GM 45 GM
Crossbow, Light -35 GM 10 GM
Crossbow Bolts (30) -3 GM 7 GM
Shovel -2 GM 5 GM
Cage, Small -5 GM 0
Book, Blank -3 GM -3 GM

Thread List

Thread Season/Day Status Complete/incomplete
Just business, little ones Fall/8 Solo/Job Thread incomplete
Campsite run in Fall/9 Open incomplete
What unfortunate happenstance (Kayan) Fall/10th Open [ON HOLD] incomplete
Hunters and fishers greet Fall/21 PM to Join Incomplete
Last edited by Kayan on September 30th, 2014, 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kayan
Honey Badger don't care

Words: 20171
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2014, 10:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Kayan

Postby Kayan on December 25th, 2014, 9:59 pm

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Kayan

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
The man that took me in, Rygen, used to call me Little Savage.

3. How old are you?
2 years

4. What is your height?
5'3, I think.

5. What is your weight?
I don't know, 110 pounds, maybe?

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Well, I guess I see myself as 2 people who are one in the same... if that makes sense. One version of me is fiercest. Competent, strong, and could take on anything no matter what its size. Then there's the other version, the human, not as strong and well aware of how weak I am in so many ways. But the human version isn't bad, even though it is harder to defend myself in the form, it has its own advantages. An awareness I know other animals don't have, a way of moving and working that my fiercer version just can't manage. Both versions of me make up for each other's weaknesses, in a way. At least, that's what Rygen told me.

Honestly, if I could take care of Snyder without my human form, I'd probably be a thieving badger the majority of the time.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Why? I don't know how others see me, I know some kids thought I was a freak or something. I don't know. Never paid much attention.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
My teeth. They're the only thing in both my body's forms that stay the same and make most people back off when I bare them.

4. How physically fit are you?
Fit enough to go for cheap shots and hunt with just a hunting knife.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Whatever's lying around. No one really cares what I wear so long as it doesn't offend them, which I still don't get. Only thing I like putting on is my cloak. It's not too soft but not too rough, and it's warm. Sometimes, when it's really cold out, I curl up in it while in my badger form with Snyder next to me.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
I don't know. Some traveling bums, probably. Never met 'em.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Wouldn't know, couldn't tell ya.

3. What is your extended family like?
Extended? What? I don't... I don't understand this question.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
My only friend and family is a dog, so...

5. Do you treat animals like family?
I kind of am one? So, yes.

Zeltiva.

2. Where do you live now?
See: the question just before this one.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I only know one other place by name, and I don't want to go there.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
N-, maybe... does hunting in Mirahil's pass count as leisure time?

5. Where do you fear to be?
Anywhere that threatens my freedom. Or has too much water and not enough land.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
Hmm... nope. I'm awesome. Immune to snake bites, too. Don't ask how I found that out.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Lef-, no righ- left. I'm left handed. No, I'm pretty sure I use my Right hand the most, Right is the right pointing West when your body's facing North, right? (Kayan's left handed, she just confuses her left with her right frequently)

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
Common, of course. I don't know how I sound. I'd think my accent's the same as everyone else?

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I have been told I have a smart mouth. I don't see it. When I'm threatened I tend to hiss and spit before attacking weak spots... usually the groin. Oh, and I hum and get distracted when I'm not going to answer a question.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
Nope. I don't even like clothes, why would I want something on me that leaves a mark?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Hunter.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I love my work; I'm a hunter, mind and body.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
I already am what I want. Remember when I said I'm awesome?

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
I don't admire any because I have the best one. Hunting! I do what I want, when I want, and as long as I can make a sell there's no one telling me what to do.

5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
All those occupations where you have a boss. I don't like being told what to do all day. Should be illegal...

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I don't know, guess I was difficult enough to earn the nickname 'Little Savage'. It was supposed to be endearing, I think.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
Meeting Snyder. He's the best.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
I don't know, I'm 2. My whole childhood was one year long. (Evading the question)

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
What relationship?

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Rygen, I guess.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
Do, as in right now? Nothin'.

2. Do you like/dislike learning?
That list is too long, so randomly think of something and I probably don't want to learn it.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
Rygen, he wouldn't leave me alone until I learned something he thought about.

4. How do you learn best?
I don't know.

5. What are your educational goals for the future?
Wouldn't mind learning how to shapeshift... I already do it, so how hard could it be?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
Eh, no. I won't admit how much I really, really want to, for reasons of pride, but there's also something more to it. I don't know, I just feel like I have a crutch helping me hold myself back, so I can get something amazing later on. It's weird and probably doesn't make much sense, but that's why.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
No, I'm a solitary creature... not counting Snyder, who's almost as awesome as I am. You know, for a giant slobbering mutt.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
Uh....... I... don't... know? Gonna say... straight?

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Not once.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
Nothing close to it.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Once. I remember feeling really warm and fuzzy, and then feeling so bad the next day I curled up in a hole in the orphanage. Worth it.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
Na.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
Hmm... I like the kind that burns my throat and has a spice.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Naaaa.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
Because you want me to be specific, and I don't have much of an opinion on either, I'm gonna pass.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
I like watching people go about their day. Some times on the docks, sometimes near the street performers, occasionally by the University.

2. Do you like to read?
NOPE! Haha!

3. What annoys you more than anything else?
First thing that comes to mind? Thanks to that last question I'd say reading.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Lying down somewhere quiet and watching the sky. Imagining what it'd be like to travel as freely as a bird and touch the clouds. Imagining things is pretty fun, you know.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
I've never felt embarrassed about anything (yet) so I couldn't tell you.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
Orange, red, white, and... that's it.

2. What is your favorite time of day?
Morning.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
Mmm........... Pass.

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I like to eat whatever I'm not selling. Mostly snakes though, to keep them away from Snyder...
I hate bees. Bee larva is great but the grown ones don't taste good enough to make up for the stings.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
Hot, dry, clear day. Well, as dry as you can get in a port city.
Nope!

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
Depends on the day.

2. What are your religious views?
None.

3. Would you be able to kill?
Without conscience.

4. What are your views on sex?
The thing you do that's probably uncomfortable before babies appear and if you need to you can do it for money.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Food, shelter, company, and downtime.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
The worst thing I've ever done... Hmm...
The best thing I've ever done... Mhmm...

2. What is your greatest regret?
Greatest regret.... Mmhmmhmm....

3. What is your best/worst memory?
Mmhmm hmmhmm hmmmmmmm

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
Get back to me later on all of these questions.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
My first hunt... Snake versus me, I won.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
As honest as I need to be.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Everyone has their biases, I just haven't found mine... yet. Would say I'm not a fan of humans if they weren't everywhere.

3. What makes you happy?
Rolling around in sand with my dog.

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
Well, I wouldn't say I'd die for Snyder or anything... I mean, he's my friend, and I'm maybe kinda sorta dependant on him, but I don't know about dying for him. He's a dog.

5. What makes you angry?
A lot of things. A lot.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
Suspicious until proven otherwise.

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Snyder, he's my partner, and my first friend... and my only friend.

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Mmm...

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
Nope and make me.

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why.
Snyder, he's a hunting dog that stands at my knee, just that makes people think twice before coming near me.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I only avoid conflict if I'm outmatched or wrong. Which I hardly ever am.

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I guess?

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Nope, I have no reason to. (And large groups make her awkward and uncomfortable)

4. Do you care what others think of you?
Naaa

5. What do you think of others, in general?
Eh.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I think fast on my feet.

2. What is your greatest weakness?
I might not be the smartest person around, but I know enough to not blurt that out. (She's very difficult, it's hard for her to understand when she's wrong)

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
How weak and non-threatening my human form is

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Depends. (Introverted, doesn't take kindly to strangers and can't get comfortable being with more than 2 people at a time.)

5. Are you generally organized or messy?
Organized.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
None.

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
None.

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
Nope.

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
None.

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
I don't have a deity, so none.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
The hunt.

2. What is the best part of life?
Being able to stretch out, alone and relaxed, and feel like the world's drifting without you and you're drifting without it.

3. What is the best part of death?
I always think of it like when I was bit by that snake. Drifting to sleep and away from whatever's hurting you... I don't know if I'd wake up, though. From what I know, non-humans don't usually become ghosts...

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Have it happen in my sleep. I don't want to see it coming, just have it as quick and painless as possible.

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I don't know.
Kayan
Honey Badger don't care

Words: 20171
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2014, 10:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes