Looks like I'm the new, confused guy!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Rooke on October 2nd, 2014, 2:07 am

Hello community, Rooke here!

I've a bit of experience in rping, a minimal amount in forums, and it's never even come closed to having the depth of Mizahar; From what I've taken a gander at, crazy impressed with how detailed everything is, but it is a LOT to take in.

Nevertheless, that's never stopped me before, so I'll be trying to craft a decent character bio soon. I'd also appreciate any of the experienced members' sagely advice on getting rps going c:
Rooke
Crow Enthusiast

Words: 240
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2014, 10:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Phobius on October 2nd, 2014, 2:12 am

Welcome to Miz, Rooke! The lore can be crazy-intimidating at first, but you'll get a hang of it and how things work here in no time. ^^

And uhh...advice, advice...hmm...never be afraid to message people and ask about threading opportunities. The community's incredibly nice, here, and it's always fun to plot and brainstorm ideas with others to get things moving. The character registries are great places to go looking for people in cities.

Who knows? You may just find someone who has the same interests as you and your character! 83
Note: Unless otherwise is stated, Phobius is almost always wearing a blue-beaded bracelet that alters illusions around him based on his mood. That can include player-made illusions. c:
Phobius
Perpetually Curious

Words: 283495
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2014, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Saede Lare on October 2nd, 2014, 2:29 am

Be sure to check out this forum- and use the template of your respective city! Mizahar has a bit of a learning curve. But it doesn't take all that long to pass.
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic30558.html

Good luck!
Help with the Fall Harvest OR Winter planting Complete!
Attend the Harvest festival Complete!
Help with repairs around the city
Swim in the suvan

Sass your superiors or play a harmless prank on the knights
Collect mushrooms/herbs in the forest
Help a stranger
Get caught in the rain/snow

Gamble at the Spinning Coin
Sing or play an instrument (Whistling or humming doesn't count)
Visit The Temple of All Gods and learn about a new God or Goddess Complete!
Eat/drink a speciality of a different city/region (i.e. Kelp beer from Zeltiva, Chocolate from Kenash, exotic fruits from Falyndar)

Alternate Characters: Isda Plorall
Saede Lare
Among the Changed

Words: 43957
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 2:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rooke on October 3rd, 2014, 1:00 am

Thanks for the advice, Phobius and Saede Lare! I'll try to get a character sheet up as fast I can then and bother people around the community c:, and I checked out that link too, it helped a lot!
Rooke
Crow Enthusiast

Words: 240
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2014, 10:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas