In Desolation (Traverse)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

In Desolation (Traverse)

Postby Evalin on October 5th, 2014, 8:51 pm

3rd of Fall, 514 AV

It was raining again. Great clouds billowed overhead as a torrent was let loose upon the Jungle, a deluge that felt like a rock being thrown at her back as if to say begone and never return. Evalin shook her head and pulled her hood farther over her features, struggling to lift each foot from the mud as she walked and trying to avoid getting the hem of her robes too dirty before they found a spot to rest for the night. At her side, as always, floated Tsenrika. He was her silent companion this night, but still through their bond she could feel his support, if it could be called that. The plan had been a failure, coming apart at the seams before it had even really began. Thus the nuit had to leave this place with regrets... but she took heart in knowing that at least a few would be forever affected. She had done what she could to stir the hatred between the two sides, pulling at the strings that sealed old wounds until they began to bleed once more. At the very least the Immortal prayed that she had cleared the way for another to come and finish the work she could not. Hatred oozed from this jungle, despite the efforts of her guardians. This was a festering wound, and the nesting ground of some of Uldr's greatest schemes yet she was sure.

"I have done my part for now..." Evalin whispered, her eyes still staring forward, "Let another come behind me and find their task far simpler now that the fires of hate have been stoked higher than they were before. Surely someone will take advantage... And if not, then perhaps we shall return." She didn't smile. She had no reason to smile, but there was a note of determination in her voice. Evalin was never one who could sit idle while her work was left unfinished, and to her Falyndar was an unfinished work that would one day need to be completed.

For his part Tsenrika held his peace, knowing his Master needed nothing from him at this time. She knew where her faults lay, and time would see to it that these faults would be eradicated. There was a weakness in her heart she knew, a small sliver of humanity that held her back. It would need to be crushed completely... Only then would she truly be the true embodiment of hatred she wished to be.

Ahead of them both slithered the Dhani Gresshal. He had come with her, not by choice of course, but the nuit found him amusing and useful. Upon his shoulder her carried the chest she had taken from Queen Aka's chambers, inside rested the clothes and few Miza's taken in order to survive for a season or two, at least until the nuit could establish herself elsewhere. Evalin had tasted what it was like to have a home, a place to return to upon each night and she felt a desire to have that once more. But in a different place. A different time. She would find a new home and from there she would begin to extend her influence outward. The centuries had seen the Immortal grow weary of the constant movement. Instead she would implant herself somewhere new... and let the world be changed with her fortress at its pinnacle.

They took shelter in a cave which was little more than a hole in the ground. Like the fool he was Gresshal very quickly curled up and fell still as sleep overcame him, but of course Evalin could not sleep. She could not escape from reality to the dreamscapes. She could not hide and forget, for even a tick, the harsh realities of the world. This was her curse, and once more she would suffer through it this sleepless night. So instead she sat upon the chest, her staff leaning against her shoulder as she looked out at the rain. Her Familiar hovered over her left shoulder, but for the moment she ignored him.

"Well then lord Uldr... Is this alright? I have failed in my task, grievously so... but still I do not admit defeat. Hatred will be spread, and with it I will alight the fires in the soul's of mortals and with that flame I will scorch the land till all that is left is ash. My hatred grows stronger because of this place..." She sighed and shook her head, and then glared out at the pouring deluge, [b]"But if you would punish me then have it be so, and let your hate for me grow and rain down your wrath upon me. I will embody all of this hatred and make it my own, and with it I will grow stronger until none may stand in my way. My hatred will carry me past this regretful moment in time, and while the memory of my actions here may fade the effects will last. Hatred begins to swell in the jungle... Feast upon it lord Uldr. I give you this land as compensation for my own incompetence."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)